Comodo Internet Security 2019 (v12.0.0.6810) – Released

Hi All.

Issues with installers and DB availability are solved for all locations, they were not connected to CIS release.

The issue is localized, it is not connected with arp spoofing protection.

It is part of the issue reported by user 23.

We’ve made preliminary research of your logs, for now it seems futuretech is wright, please see the link he shared.

Night-Flight. Do AV are you using with Comodo Firewall? Can you there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. Left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Experienced users may choose Autoruns by Sysinternals to look for left overs and disable them.

Night-Flight, UserWithBrain could you please check your private messages.

Dear EricJH and Vladimiri,

thx for your support and suggestions. As mentioned before I installed CIS 12 on 3 different computers on a fresh installed Win10 x64 1809. Nothing else was installed. All the apps I mentioned before are portable. Windows 10 and Windows Defender are on their standard settings. No other security software is installed at that point.

If you are blocking cmdagent internet access then that is the problem because it is trying to perform OCSP requests for digitally signed applications when those applications are launched. Remove the block and you wont have issues with delayed application launch.

I checked it with version 12 on 3 different computers with a fresh installed Win 10 x64 1809. After the computer is started some apps take up to 10 seconds until they start. For example IrfanView, TVBrowser, CDBurnerXP, Firefox, Chrome, TheBat, XmediaRecode, CrystalDiskInfo and so on. But, this behaviour happens only after the computer is started and the here mentioned apps are started for the first time. ... Comodo is blocked on my site from accessing internet because i use firewall only.

Hello,

Error found:
Interface:

• Manual scan antivirus file> logs indicates HIPS (red color)
  • French translation menu to finish

File:

• Sending file submission impossible (server problem?)

(I am French)

Thank you for trying to solve my problem! :-TU

I wasn’t actually able to go back to v.11 because the online installer from v.11 thread downloads v.12. And I need secure shopping. So… I think I’m stuck with v.12 for now, and let’s see how it goes.

Always! ;D

download link for the offline installer is ok now, atleast for me…

I have had the same problem for a really long time, persisting across multiple clean OS reinstalls. I have enabled logging for cmdagent, and every time an application launch is delayed, there is at least one outgoing request from cmdagent in the log. When there is more than one, they are typically 6-7 seconds apart, and the launch delay is correspondingly longer.
Thing is though, these requests are all allowed, so why I am getting the delays?

The attached picture shows the logged requests from one of the longer delays.

Could you temporarily disable the logging and see if that influences the performance?

I only enabled the logging in the first place because I was getting the delays, and some forum thread (can’t remember which one) implied that outgoing requests by CIS was somehow involved. The delays are there whether I log anything or not.

Google Chrome 73 sometimes freeze for a few seconds on Windows 10 18356.16.

After 12 hours of usage, my computer became unresponsive again. I can click anywhere, but nothing happens. Almost succeeded to log off. Almost…

Alright, PC finally restarted after 10 minutes on that blue screen.

Frozen again. Can’t even open paint to paste screenshot. No internet access either. Posting this from my phone. Some fix is much needed.

Could you please check your PM?

Sure.

Hi, you can face such behavior in case if cert provider servers are not responding (or responding to long) to OCSP requests - CIS checks if cert is not revoked and than allows program to start.
It might be caused by several reasons, our engineers will contact you via PM if you don’t mind.

Hello,

For information:
Regarding the submission of a file
The upload request is not fully realized on the server
Once arrived at a part of the file, the download is cut and opens another
The progress bar remains frozen

IP: 199.66.201.17
Host
cima.security.comodo.com