COMODO Internet Security 2013 v 6.0.260739.2674 released!

I don’t totally agree Seany007, some current issues might be caused from previous Betas not uninstalling cleanly or even some unrelated system issues. :slight_smile:

If you have not already please report this as a bug. Also, be sure to mention whether you had installed any of the betas on your system as it is possible that pieces of these were not uninstalled correctly and are causing problems installing the newest version.

If you have not already please report this as a bug. Also, be sure to mention whether you had installed any of the betas on your system as it is possible that pieces of these were not uninstalled correctly and are causing problems installing the newest version.

For as far as I know you can use the key. It is valid for a year. I don’t know when the installers for Comodo Complete will be released.

I don’t know if the following will work but it is worth the try. Uninstall v5.x, do a clean installation of v6 and enter the license key you have.

do i need to do a clean install of cis 6 because it is not updating from cis 5.12.

Hi Siketa,
I’ve just updated the initial message to reflect the fact that we’ve included official langs into this release only. We continue the translation task with volunteer set of languages and will include them in installers during next big update for 5.X users.

Comodo should update the information Internet Security Products.
Mod edit: Replaced the shortened link with a direct link, shortened or obfuscated links are against the Forum Policy, Captainsticks.

Thanks for the update. It is a big improvement from the first BETA.

I noticed that the uninstaller of the v6 beta does not always completely remover every driver of the firewall. I have seen it leave behind “Comodo Internet Security Helper Driver” May be this driver is causing problems as reported

After uninstalling CIS 6 beta you need to go in Device Manager and look under Non Plug and Play drivers. You need to start Device Manager elevated. You can use the attached batch script for this (startdevmgr.zip).

With Device Manager started go to View and select Show Hidden Devices. Now go to Non Plug and Play drivers. You will see various left over drivers of Comodo Internet Security. The “ghosted” entries are harmless. But if there is one that printed darker or has a yellow triangle then that one needs to be removed. See attached image as an example. In this example you will see the situation where the Comodo Internet Security Helper Driver has a yellow triangle. Notice that the other Comodo Internet Security Drivers are “ghosted”.

To remove the Comodo Internet Security Helper Driver you need to select it, click right and choose uninstall. You need to reboot to make the uninstall effective.

On a side note. The drivers under Non Plug and Play drivers can be found in the Legacy keys of the registry. They are often hard to remove when trying to edit the registry directly. The clean up script for CIS we use here at the forums also fails with those keys.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I found how to exclude files and folders from Antivirus scans, but how do you exclude files and folders from Defense+?

Thanks,

A few months ago when I was using CIS 5.10 Windows 8 beta I would find that when I logged into my computer I would be presented with a black screen and the cursor.

Same thing happened during the CIS 5.12 version, and during the V6 Beta hence I decided to un-install and went with the default Windows Defender in Windows 8 until this new release.

Everything was working great after I upgraded through the V6 beta yesterday until today when I was yet again presented with the black screen and cursor at login.

Posting this here because I don’t have enough information to make a bug report yet, not that I understand the format anyway.

And this has been going on for me on two completely different systems. I will make a bug report when I have enough information to make one.

Just downloaded and installed and its running smooth as silk as always.The install was faultless. :-TU
Thank you to comodo for a great product. :-TU ;D

:o
thanks.

File submission still not working, I’ll do a bug report later …

This release has many problems.
I hope Comodo-team solve these problems.

Thanks all involved :-TU
I can honestly say I appreciate Comodo a whole lot more…
who else offers a complete free product of this quality to often fanatical and very opinionated users :o not a position I would rush to put myself in

thanks again

Installed and running smooth as well here. Impressed! Thank you! :-TU

Good work, developers. Very nice indeed. Virtual kiosk is a stroke of genius. Love it!

I still cannot get the kiosk to appear, I have sent minidumps to Haibo Zhang by email again, as he asked me for them before with 2626. I think this was meant to be fixed.

Where is the bug report section for the final version?

And is it ok to download the installer with freedownloadmanager as the download is huge & its downloading slow on 4mbps broadband connection? Its downloading with 25 kbps speed.

Hmm Comodo is extending the BETA testing to the general public.lol
Nice move, more bugs will be identified and fixed, thus creating a better product for those who are waiting for a stable release :slight_smile: