Comodo IceDragon ver. 26.0.0.2 is now available for download!

It really varies. Sometimes it is two weeks but I have also seen 8 weeks. They are usually better about updating Dragon quickly.

Does Firefox Sync exist in this one?

If Firefox has sync then IceDragon must. IceDragon is free so give it a try and see. :slight_smile:

No. There is no Sync in CID still. This is the one feature which is forcing me to use Firefox.

On Chromium side, I am using CD, which I can sync using my gmail account as in chromium and Google chrome.

-Nellai

For me, I rather Use IceDragon of Firefox than Dragon of Chrome.

1. I do not get any unknown errors, on Ice!, but on Dragon I get lots.

2. I do not get any Shockwave player errors as much, say about 2 to 3 times on Ice, but on Dragon I get lots. (However I do not have Shockwave Installed)

3. Flashplayer runs better for me on Ice, than Dragon.

So they are my over all things I like about IceDragon over Dragon.

However I do not have a Google account anymore, so I didn’t save any settings within Google account.

So I’m looking forward for the next Build of Icedragon, for when it does come out.

Regards

Nige.

If no sync I m forced to use Firefox or Palemoon… Just cannot switch with so much there and less hassle for losing anything…

Is this product has been canceled? There is Firefox 29 but current version of CID is still based on Firefox 26. What’s the point of making browser that no one is updating this? Or why should we still using this browser? Many bug fixes were released in previous Firefox versions but we still don’t have them…

Hi Mafiu,
Delayed for some unknown reason, yes.
Cancelled, no.

Kind regards.

hello,

ah ah ! it seems i finally fix my troubles with one of the 2 comodo browsers :slight_smile:

IceDragon now works just fine without doing the same thing as Dragon by using all the CPU after 5 or 10 minutes.
that was so simple and i just tried it in the morning…
So i set the cache web to 100MB and use the option override automatic cache management.

and I use the browser for hours now and not even a cpu usage to notice as a too big charge.
great :slight_smile: I hope it’s fixed or it could be my laptop or my system the troubles.

I can watch a lot of videos on youtube, dailymotions, go to facebook, lot of tabs, no problem :wink:

but with dragon i stop all usage, it became completly mad, 100% usage CPU all the time, 5 minutes to close iit,
it’s done for Dragon, I dont want to use it anymore as it’s driving me furious,
I tried to fix it for hours, the machine was unusablen lagging as hell.

Hello, i got some issue with the hadware acceleraration and a quadro nvidia NVS 160M
drivers are : 333.11-quadro-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql

windows 7 64 ultim.

after sometimes i cant tell how long but it must come from the fact i watch videos on youtube,
So the screen becomes black and the display comes bacck after 1 or 2 seconds,
the driver must crashes,
and then my interface is no more like usual, the IceDragon window at the top where you got the all icons, home, reload etc, becomes black and i cant get it back to normal appearance.

and the title on the active tab becomes unreadable.

that’s all

IT works fine without hardware acceleration. i notice nothing more or less performant.

I am starting to come across several websites do not work correctly with CID 26.0.0.2 and PrivDog 2.2.0.14 and No Script 2.6.8.29 installed.

CID seems to be falling further and further behind and I might have to start looking for another Browser as CID has such sporadic updates / upgrades :frowning:

I don’t like Chrome so having CID based on Firefox has been / is great for me, but seems as tho not for much longer :frowning:

Please Melih can we have an update for CID and not just CD?

Hello
CID 26 is based on Firefox 26, now Firefox is at 30 version. Many addons for 26 version doesn’t work anymore. When CID will get the 30 Firefox code? Especially that CID works better and faster than Firefox.

Hi Comodo,
I am not going to sugar coat.
Will this browser is going to be updated or not? Please let us know whether this browser is dead??
This browser is stuck at Firefox version 26 where as Firefox is at 30 and Firefox Nightly is at 33.
Being a security software provider I expect Comodo to be up to date with the browser.
I was using CID which I found good compared to Firefox although CID is lacking syncing.

Thanks
Nellai

Is there anyone still in charge with CID or that’s it? Let us know, please. Is 26 ver the last one? Does somebody still read these messages?

Hi ghencea,
We are all eagerly waiting for an update.
A Staff members reply in regards to another issue related to CID has confirmed that forward movement is intended. :slight_smile:
Sorry I don’t know any more than that.

Kind regards.

Thanx for the insight captainsticks. We can’t do anything else but wait now. Anyway, looks like no one reads this thread anymore :frowning:
All the best !

Where is COMODO IceDragon 31.0???

Hi Comodo,
Thanks for the browsers CD and CID.
I was using both of them until last two months.

But where are the updates?
CD is on 33 and CID is on 26 where as chrome is on 37 and firefox is on 32.
There is no announcement in corresponding forum for CD and CID.
But we are getting replies for Privdog.
Is it because Privdog is close to being a commercial product?
Thanks
Nellai

Sorry guys :cry: to many sites not working properly now so moved on to another Firefox based browser ( Palemoon ) I may take another look if CID is updated

I hope a CID update come soon as the current version has insecure certificate verification.

I don’t think CID comes with the certsentry protection that CD does.