Comodo IceDragon ver. 19.0.1 is now available for download!!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that an update for Comodo IceDragon is available for download!

What’s new:

• IceDragon is based on Firefox 19.0.
  • added virtual mode.
  • added language packs update mechanism.
  • select default browser option at uninstall.

What’s fixed:

• issue regarding access to localhost.
  • ‘reset to defaults’ option missing in about:support page.
  • the desktop icon and Start menu folder are created after each update.
  • launching IceDragon from “Run” window with short file name.
  • some GUI issues.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Importing data during the installation of Comodo IceDragon may not work in some cases.
  • Minor GUI issues.

BUG REPORTS:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cid-b284.0/ to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/icedragonsetup.exe

Size: 32.4 MB (33,995,688 bytes)
MD5: 388ea5c2a52266e5b8bddcad0bb3c7bd
SHA1: 211e24c1a7a527e2b1a43e29c4aa6400274c955c

Thanks for the update. :-TU
Edit: Updated smoothly.

Thanks for the update.

Just to avoid any confusion, does this release contain the 19.0.1 Windows 8 patch that was released today - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=830531? Also, how would one go about removing the ‘virtual’ mode button from the toolbar?

Nice, right now i got a crash while updating. :slight_smile:

Error opening file for writing: gkmedias.dll in IceDragon folder.

right now i cant use IceDragon … i can not open the V. 18 and not install the V. 19

i will search now for the problems …

Hi M.Richter,
I would try an uninstall/re-install but leave your user profile data intact as the file at fault is program data.

The gkmedias.dll file is located in C:\Program Files\Comodo\IceDragon folder.

ok, i have delete the IceDragon Folder and started the setup again. Now it works

No, it is based on FF 19.0, the patch FF 19.0.1 was just released today and it’s for Windows 8 only.

Currently, it is a built-in browser button. We can add an option for removing it, in the next release.

yes, please add an option for removing it

As a matter of clarification,what exactly is “Virtual Mode” and how is t used? (I know this should be posted in “Help”. )

CIS provides the virtualization technology required by virtual mode. In order to use it you will need to install Comodo Internet Security (CIS). While IceDragon is in virtual mode it will run in a fully virtualized environment which is totally isolated from your real system. Any threats or malware you many encounter while on the Internet will not be able to infect your real system.

the Malware is maybe not able to infect the real system, but still able to send data to the internet, cause the CIS firewall works not well in Virtual environment. - read in other topic.

Btw. i tried to start the virtual mode from the Button in IceDragon, but nothing happend, IceDragon closed by itself and does not start again … i tried 3 times. … if i start IceDragon from the CIS Widget, then it works in Virtual Mode.

Win 7, 64Bit, CIS

Have you allowed up to about 5 seconds for it to re-open?
May vary on some systems.

i have waited over 1 minute, but nothing happened

Hi,
Please create a log using DebugView to help us investigate the issue.
To create a log file you have to download DebugView from this location: DebugView - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn.
After launching DebugView go to the “Capture” menu and select this option: “Capture Global Win32”.
You have to run DebugView before launching IceDragon and then enter virtual mode.

Thank you for the follow-up and clarification. I use CIS Pro 2012, so I should be able to take advantage of this function.

sorry, i had read it to late. I think the problem was cause the installation crash u can see above ^^ but i cant say what directly was the true problem … now i had reinstalled again and restart my system and it works now. So far i see no problem, all works like in V.18 now.

But thank u for ur fast support.

Thanks! I like how CID turns red when virtualized.

Hi

Any Infos for the multilinguale installer and for the multilinguale Programm

the start site of the virtual mode need a better german translation.

Virtuellen Modus

Sie können jetzt im virtuellen Modus. Comodo IceDragon läuft nun in einer vollständig virtualisierte Umgebung, die von Ihrem realen System völlig isoliert ist. Alle Bedrohungen, Skripte oder Malware, die viele antreffen, während auf dem Internet nicht in der Lage, Ihre reale System zu infizieren werden Sie. Daten werden werden nicht in Ihrem realen System geschrieben, sondern werden stattdessen in ein virtuelles Dateisystem geschrieben.

Beenden Sie die virtuelle durchsuchen, wählen Sie IceDragon > virtuellen Modus Stop oder in der Nähe von IceDragon

Sie müssen keine Dateien speichern, die Sie aus dem Internet in einen speziellen Ordner namens ‘Shared Space’ herunterladen, wenn Sie von Ihrem realen System darauf zugreifen möchten. In der Standardeinstellung dieser befindet sich unter C:\Program Data\Shared Raum (Windows Vista oder höher) oder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Raum (Windows XP).

Alternativ öffnen Sie Comodo Internet Security, und klicken Sie auf ‘Shared Space’.

Onlinedaten empfehlen wir, dass auch eine IceDragon Private Browsing-Sitzung zu öffnen, so dass Suchverlauf, Cookies und andere Spuren werden nicht erstellt.

i would recommend following translation:
(i have marked the changes with Bold and Underline )

Virtueller Modus

Sie können jetzt im virtuellen Modus surfen. Comodo IceDragon läuft nun in einer vollständig virtualisierten Umgebung, die von Ihrem realen System völlig isoliert ist. Alle Bedrohungen, wie Skripte oder verschiedenste Malware die Sie im Internet antreffen können, sind nicht in der Lage Ihr reales System zu infizieren. Daten werden nicht in Ihr reales System geschrieben, sondern werden stattdessen in ein virtuelles Dateisystem geschrieben.

Um den virtuellen Modus wieder zu beenden, wählen Sie IceDragon > Stop virtuellen Modus oder klicken den Start/Stop Button für den virtuellen Modus in der Symbolleiste

Sie müssen keine Dateien speichern, die Sie aus dem Internet in einen speziellen Ordner namens ‘Shared Space’ herunterladen, wenn Sie von Ihrem realen System darauf zugreifen möchten. In der Standardeinstellung befindet sich dieser unter C:\Program Data\Shared Raum (Windows Vista oder höher) oder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Raum (Windows XP).
Alternativ öffnen Sie Comodo Internet Security, und klicken Sie auf ‘Shared Space’.

Für anonymes Surfen empfehlen wir den Privaten Modus per IceDragon Button zu starten, so dass der Suchverlauf, Cookies und andere Spuren nicht erstellt werden.

Can u specify ur question? U can set the language under settings to ur language. then IceDragon downloads the multilanguage file for version 19.