We are happy to announce that an update for Comodo IceDragon is available for download!
- IceDragon is based on Firefox 20.0.1.
- added low-validation certificates detection.
- added Omnibar feature.
- added Duplicate tab feature.
- The default browser dialog is displayed after manual update or repair.
- Context-menu option to remove ‘Virtual mode’ button now exists.
- The “Back” and “Forward” buttons switch places when changing to a RTL (right to left ) language.
- some GUI issues.
Low-validation certificates detection overview
Most browsers’ user interfaces don’t clearly differentiate between low-validation certificates and those that have undergone more rigorous vetting. A low-validation certificate only checks that the applicant is the domain name owner, but doesn’t verify the legal identity of the website owner.
Certificates that verify only the domain name of a site, are now detected in IceDragon. They are highlighted by a different icon (a padlock with a warning sign next to it) in the identity box. Also, more information can be found in the identity popup( shown when clicking the warning padlock icon ).
Omnibar feature overview
It combines the address bar and search bar into one. The new icon added in the urlbar makes it very easy to change the search engine.
Features like autocomplete text search are present in the urlbar. Omnibar can be disabled by right-clicking on the navigation bar, uncheck ‘Enable Omnibar’.
Duplicate tab feature overview
A new tab option is present in the tab context menu. It can be used by right-clicking on a tab and then click the ‘Duplicate Tab’ item.
- Importing data during the installation of Comodo IceDragon may not work in some cases.
- GUI issues when using personas and themes.
- GUI issues in Web developer tools.
- Other minor GUI issues.