Comodo Ice Dragon Ver_38 is now available for download.

CID - version 38
FF - version 40

What happened to the updates will be much faster?
Again the users have to wait for a year or more for the updates?
■■■■ you guys always fail on your promises & never deliver on time.
All it seems like false talks without any ground work.

Worst here as I was like many a portable version user, I was still stuck on 26.0.0.2…Update would erase everything (bravo coders !).

I then took the best choice, use an other browser and stop using any comodo browser.

Hello Alp,

I want a under-the-hood change for Comodo IceDragon. Comodo brings security and privacy to us.
Can you please change these strings values in default IceDragon installation, here is the list for about:config changes

privacy.trackingprotection.enabled to true : This is what it does in the name
dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled to false : Because webpage owners trying to learn what we copy-paste on their site!
network.http.sendSecureXSiteReferrer to false : Don’t send the Referer header when navigating from a https site to another https site.

dom.event.contextmenu.enabled to false : Another tracking feature in Firefox code
media.peerconnection.enabled to false : This will prevent WebRTC leak in IceDragon

Please tell me what do you think?

Sincerely,
yigido

Hi jsssx,
There are ways around backing up browser data, which if it is important to you should be done whether you are updating or not.
Anyway enjoy the perfect world you live in with your new browser.

Kind regards.

Some thing is wrong with the current download of Comodo Ice Dragon Because I just downloaded it the other day and it will not start up to install once do that

Hi djm22,
In case the downloaded installer is corrupt, I would try clearing your download history and re-download the installer again.

Kind regards.

Installing Still does not work So I do not know

Hi djm22,
Do you receive any error messages when trying to run the installer?
Have you tried right clicking the installer and selecting ‘Run As Administrator’?

Thanks.

It just does not start up no matter what I try and I am running as the admin.

Hi djm22,
You could try clearing the following location of any folders with contents belonging to IceDragon.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp.

Kind regards

I split and moved the posts about the Icedragon web page serving the wrong version to the Report Comodo Forum / Web Site Issues board.

Thank you for the Firefox sync. I now use Comodo Ice Dragon instead of Mozilla Firefox because the security is better than Firefox"s security. I trust Comodo, so therefore, I trust their browsers. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Comodo finally gave us and update to Comodo Ice Dragon. It now has the Firefox sync we been looking for—for quite some time now. This browser is faster and safer than Mozilla Firefox. I have permanently uninstalled Mozilla Firefox and I am using Comodo Ice Dragon with sync. Thank you Comodo! I love your secure browsers.

Hi antone. Thank you and welcome to the Comodo Forums.

I merged the above post with this topic. It is better suited here. Next time try to not to cross post the same message on multiple places. Other than that enjoy your time here at the Comodo Forums. It’s a great and open place where a lot of conversations is possible.

Did they? Where? I’m still using icedragon 38.0.5

That is the update. (v 38.0.5) The Firefox sync is there. Go to options—then in left pane, scroll down to Sync and sign into it like you did with Mozilla Firefox. You will see all of your saved bookmarks, toolbars, extensions, settings, etc…

Well you are months behind!

Yes. Well I probably am because I wasn’t using Comodo Ice Dragon nor Chromodo until recently. I was using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox; but thanks for letting me know!

:-[ Well, since Firefox Aurora is now at version 43, I guess the statement in the original post to this thread has been laid to rest. Comodo developers (at least the ones working on IceDragon) have adopted the old, old saying of Microsoft engineers, “updates will be here real soon now”!!

This is incompatible with my addons so I will be sticking with 26.0.0.2 for now.