Comodo Ice Dragon Ver_38 is now available for download.

Still no answer on my two questions :-TD

I can’t answer the language question and I can’t really answer the question on the icon either, but I can venture a guess on that one. The CIS widget accepts only certain installed browsers such as IE so you can’t add any third party forks such as Pale Moon. It probably doesn’t use the icon that the program supplies, but rather an icon built into the widget. Since the Ice Dragon release is so recent and the latest CIS was a little while back they probably just need to update the internal icon which may happen with the next hotfix, but it also might not.

How do I install the Cisco openh264.dll (with nfo) files into Ice Dragon? It says that it will be installed shortly, but I have the files now for install. I know the path and set up for Firefox, but the path is not the same with Ice Dragon. Thank You!

All right. So far, so good.

BUT it is not portable like version 26, userdata/profile is not inside itself. I did an upgrade within 26 to 38 and it made no diff, it wipe out bookmarks, fav bar items and addons all self contained within 26 and give me a blank firefox like new install.

This is a great shame. Please fix and provide a true portable like version 26!!

Regards,
Shenzhou

Hi shenzhou,
I have asked the Developers if the portable option is going to be returned in future versions.
I will post back any news.

Kind regards.

Edit: The portable option/mode is intended to be added back by CID version 40 or before. Thanks for your patience.

The new GUI is based on Australis, ain’t it? I don’t like it, so how do I revert back to the IceDragon GUI without the use of add-ons?

Hi and welcome ReiDeN,
Without using extensions, the only way would be to revert back to version 26.
IceDragon 26-Filehippo

Kind regards.

This is the first time I got a near instant reply in any forum. ;D :-TU Thx for the reply.

It’s quite unfortunate that we have to be forced to adapt to Australis. Looks like it back to extensions add-ons then…

Hi ReiDeN,
The following extension restores some older style features, you may find others to suit your requirements.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer

Kind regards.

Well thanks for at least getting some kind of answer to this. I don’t think Comodo understands that a large section of their users that ran CID 26, solely used it because it was portable. I am STILL running 26 because I need portability. I am at a dilemma though. Version 40? When is that to come out, 2 years from now like the last upgrade? I’m not sure if I can stick with CID for the long haul without portability. Why on earth they thought removing DNS service and portability was a good idea is beyond me, it’s why most of us use CID!

Hi Chillimon,
The browser development team has recently changed and have just started settling into a routine.
They do plan on releasing updates much quicker than previously.

Thanks.

What is actually funny is that it says my CID 38 is portable! But it’s not of course. I’ll wait and hope it gets fixed soon with hopes of a quick release of a new version.

How can I produce the same result that looks like IceDragon 26 theme style with Classic Theme Restorer? The exact same look & feel would be preferable. I have been fiddling with CTR, with some confusion & little success.
For now, I have temporarily reverted back to IceDragon 26.

Hi ReiDeN,
You probably can’t bring back the exact look and feel as previous versions.
It is just a matter of tweaking and tinkering with the extensions options to bring back some of the older style features.

Kind regards.

As far as I can see, re Comodo security features what CID has is:

[ol]- Privdog

• Additional SSL Domain validation features
  • Require secure connection button[/ol]

What CID does not have but CD does is:

[ol]- Comodo DNS (work-around use CDNS IPs in you network adapter DNS settings)

• Web Inspector (Work-around add a WI bookmark and cut/paste urls)
  • Ad Sanitiser (Work-around - Adblock plus?)
  • Various other Comodo services, not directly security related, but probably higher security than similar services from other vendors (Share, Download, Drag and Drop)[/ol]

So I think CID must be seen as work in progress. Can somone from Comodo confirm please?

Kind regards

Mouse

Hi Captainsticks,
Thx for the reply. Then I’ll try tweaking the Classic Theme Restorer some more until I get close enough result.
Thank you.

I like to try ALL the browser be they new or just new updates. Here is what I have run ac cross Mozilla Firefox 39.0 has switching issues big time on my PC? If I go to site that may have a ticker or the likes 39.0 will not fully load and then you can’t get it to go to next bookmark unless you close it??? I was concerned when I say Ice dragon had a update but 38.0.5 works perfect but so did Firefox 38 ??? Hoping you really look into this before next update.

hello,
What a good new we got here :slight_smile: Ice Dragon is back ! even if it’s not the last build 39.0,
This browser has a lot of great add-ons as chromium based browsers have… they have…oh well no, they do not even have any option to manage the way you want to open your tabs… from first chrome release until today… ah ah ah ah ah ah !
Firefox is my choice, so IceDragon build 38 is about to be installed right now !
Thanks to the team coders, you, you’re good you ! :-TU

No IceDragon for me. It’s still not updated to 40.02 like Firefox.