Comodo Ice Dragon 50.0.0.2 Released.

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Ice Dragon version 50.0.0.2.

Download link:

Direct download link:
http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/update/icedragonsetup.exe

Changes

• Updated to Firefox 50 codebase.

Checksums:
MD5: 60b1e2d1392836436fc1f40e4521e4ab
SHA-1: cce3d423d29aa0192a534a646ea0deceb02e30f3

Enjoy,
The Ice Dragon Team.

looks good so far

Congrats with the release. Installing as I type. :slight_smile:

I added the direct download link to the topic start for those who appreciate.

Ice Dragon version 50.0.0.2. still will not open same error as 49 did
from auto updae and Direct download link: error
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

Since Microsoft “broke” Windows update for Windows 7 and 8.1 you need to manually install Visual C++ Redistributable 2015. There is an article here that links directly to the file you need. How to fix the “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing” error for Delphi 10 Seattle | The curse of Dennis D. Spreen

I have done this for three separate machines, two running 7 and one running 8.1 and it has fixed them all.

Yes fixed :-TU

Not solved for me.

I cannot use IceDragon on my Windows 7 64bit PC.
Anyway

Have you been able to update Windows 7 lately? I’m wondering if that is your issue. I had to use WSUS Offline Update and go that route to get 7 to update at all, but that finally fixed Windows Update for me. Maybe you’re missing some other file from one of the updates in the last couple months and that’s the issue. Otherwise, I don’t have any advice other than the C++ file.

Aunty Fascist - It doesnt effect me but real good info :slight_smile:

Rep +1 :■■■■

I tried some articles on internet too…but no luck!
I am fully updated and CID cannot start on my PC.
Uninstalled :-X

I had issues with the installation also (have done for the last couple of releases). For me, seems to be a problem when installing from a limited account (although prompted for administrator account). After installation finished, running under limited account doesn’t work.

Last time, logging on as administrator and then running IceDragon corrected the problem for the limited account. This time, that didn’t work so had to manually download IceDragon and run directly from administrator account. Next time, I’ll create a bug report should it happen again.

:slight_smile:

Do we have any chance to use old theme of CID? Screenshot below

https://vgy.me/TBPnPA.png

I’ll second that :-TU. This does give the browser some identity (if only visual) and the same for Dragon.

IceDragon installer can ask users;

“Which theme would you prefer to use?”
Option 1 : Old theme (IceDragon button on left and old menus)
Option 2 : New Australis theme

That will be great addtion I think. “Classic Theme Restore” add-on on AMO cannot do what I want. Old IceDragon theme was very unique :-TU

I would say go with Comodo theme by default (for all Comodo browsers). If the user prefers the old theme, simply right-click on the Comodo button (top left) and select “Use original theme”.

I feel browsers are too similar to the originals. Also, put all Comodo features in one area, so users are able to see additional features. At the moment, I don’t feel they stand out enough.

Yeah, I do not feel “I am unique!” feelings while using Comodo browsers… please give us some taste,
Just like old times!

I upgraded to 50.0.0.2, but it won’t start. I only get an error message saying:
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 2788, Column 9: <toolbarbutton id=“touch-mode-button” class=“toolbarbutton-1 chromeclass-toolbar-additional”
--------^

I can’t get it to work.

The installer won’t run.

I’m using Win XP Pro for OS.

As the next ESR version of Firefox has been released Get Firefox for your enterprise with ESR and Rapid Release is there to be a new version of CID released but built on this ESR as requested in the above link ?

Great point man thanks, this wish lay down there for years :-X I saw many things before than Comodo IceDragon developers.

and nowadays other Firefox fork browsers like Cyberfox, Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

Comodo IceDragon developers should consider ESR IceDragon wish, that will great browser which needs less concern than that Comodo can give.

Please just do it! :-X

ESR based Comodo IceDragon Wish