Comodo Home products - 504 Gateway Time-out error

Are you using the Ghostery extension? The issues you mentioned don’t appear in FF, Opera, Edge, Vivaldi or Dragon w/o Ghostery. Only when Ghostery is activated, can I reproduce them

Yep I use Ghostery in addition to some other extensions.

Something must have changed on the home page.
On an older FF version I have to allow comodo.com in uBlock Origin and I have to allow an unidentified tracker in Ghostery to make the pull-down menu work again.
On a more recent FF version (not the very latest) with more recent versions of uBlock Origin and Ghostery I only have to allow an unidentified tracker in Ghostery to make the pull-down menu work.

I never had to tweak these extension settings in both FF versions to access the menu before.
Also, strangely, the menu items “MY ACCOUNT … BLOG” above the “Products … Resources” menu do always work (no tweaks needed).

In addition to the previous post:

While checking the uBlock Origin log files after loading the home page I found that the “uBlock filters – Annoyances” filter was applied to some URLs while loading the home page on the older FF version.
On the more recent FF version uBlock Origin had this filer disabled.
When I enabled the “uBlock filters – Annoyances” filter in uBlock Origin running on the more recent FF version then also in that more recent FF version the menu is blocked by uBlock Origin. During the whole test I had Ghostery set to Paused mode to exclude Ghostery interference.
So also when using the more recent FF version then the menu is blocked both by uBlock Origin and Ghostery which never happened before.
Something has changed to the home page.

Most recent FF 89.0.2 works fine with Ghostery set to paused. All other browser tried w/o Ghostery also work

uBlock, Privacy Badger have no effect one way or the other

• I’ve just installed a fresh version of FF 89.0.2.
  • I added uBlock Origin as the only extension to FF 89.0.2.
  • I enabled the “uBlock filters – Annoyances” filter in uBlock Origin.

And yes, uBlock Origin again blocks the pull-down menu which it never did before.
Try it, it works (or not, depends how you look at it).

Just my observation…

Nope - not on Win 10 anyway. Ghostery is the only one that affects it, so you can choose the option to ‘Trust Site’ and all the Comodo menus work as normal

Are you sure the home page (and menu) works as normal?
I’m not so sure as it happens on 2 different OSs here with two different FF versions (and even with the latest FF version).

Attached a screenshot of the filter I’m talking about.
After ticking (enabling) the indicated filter (framed in red) press the orange “Apply changes” or the “Update now” button (both buttons have same effect), then go back to the home page and reload it by pressing CTRL+F5 then check the menu if it works.
When unticking (disabling) the filter press the orange “Apply changes” button then go back again to the home page and reload it again by pressing CTRL+F5 then again check the menu if it works.

The issue is 100% reproducible on my end, when the filter is enabled the menu is out of order.

Maybe the issue occurs depending on the location/country which we have seen happening before with other home page issues.

For now I don’t set comodo to be trusted in both Ghostery and uBlock as they are clearly telling me that currently something is not right.

Absolutely certain. That uBlock filter makes no difference here, On or Off . . . . The only setting that works if Trusting the Site on Ghostery. Something minor has changed as regards the page Java coding w/o a doubt, but I certainly think you could trust it :wink:

Hi CISfan,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. The issue is Confirmed. we will report this to related team.

No doubt that I trust Comodo otherwise I wouldn’t be using it. :slight_smile: :-TU
It is just this new issue popping up here and those redirection errors still appearing on many links on the home page (also on many links on the bottom right of the page under “HOME & BUSINESS”) that worries me.
I’ll wait a while, I can live without the menu or with the redirection errors for now.

I just wanted to inform you guys.

Thank you so much C.O.M.O.D.O RT for confirming the issue.

The home page pull-down menu works again.
Ghostery and uBlock Origin no longer block it.

Error “The page isn’t redirecting properly” on For Home products.

Hi CISfan,

Do you get error for all products on “For home”?

Hello C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

No, I get the errors only on the following “For Home” products:

• “Comodo Internet Security → (scroll down to) Integrated Firewall → (click on this button) Learn More”
  • “Antivirus Software”
  • “Mobile Security”
  • “Security Plugins”

Only this “For Home” product works correctly:

• “Dragon Browser”

I have tested with several Firefox versions with and without any Firefox add-on.
All Firefox versions show same error on above products.

Hi CISfan,

We will report this to the related team and update you.