Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378 Released [CLOSED]

LOL

(:WAV)

I don’t know if this is the proper thread, but I will ask the question, and if you need to move it o.k. Does COMODO Firewall Pro ever have updates before a new release?

Thanks
Wildman

There are the version updates,like from say 3.0.24.268 to 3.0.25.378 and there is also a virus definition file update when you run the Defence+/Scan my system function.
Personally i have “Automatically check for the program updates” not selected as the main updates aren`t to regular and it only takes two shakes to find out the current version number.

Regards,
Matty

The on demand scanner updates when you use it but if there is an update to Comodo itself it will be a new version.

I have this firewall installed and I just wanted to say that it works very good!

Good firewall.

thank you

Melih

CFP has a critical bug that in some situation registry or file changes aren’t blocked even if you choose to (already confirmed here in this forum).
I’m really a bit disappointed about Comodo’s developers behavior, why don’t we get a new build which fixes this issue ASAP!?
A HIPS with a high score at matousec destroys its usefulness with that kind of ■■■■■■ bugs, well (:CLP)

Don’t get me wrong, I really like CFP, but I tested dozens of malware samples with CFP and after that the autorun was full with startup entries of malware and files and Windows files were created or modified although I always chose to block.
Sad…

Please show us how you tested and how CFP missed it. Without showing the testing scneario, we can not find any bug if there is…

Can you please provide links to the previous posts that confirmed this “bug”.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I just started malware and always chose isolated application preconfiguration.
D+ was in clean pc or in paranoid mode, at least the malware files were in “my pending files”. It happened independently from the OS, I could reproduce it on XP 32 and Vista 64.
Maybe I will try it tomorrow again, tell me if you want me to make trace logs and I will do so if you tell me how.

Couldn’t find it in a hurry but if I remind rightly Egemen answered that it would be a bug that could occur in rare situations and was confirmed or something like that.

That should be https://forums.comodo.com/leak_testingattacksvulnerability_research/rootkitdriver_install_not_intercepted-t25663.0.html;msg185179#msg185179

and refers to physical memory access and not to registry or file access.

The only file related scenario described in that post was a Egemen’s reply to a ghost file issue.

It was not a bug but rather a case where CFP intercepted a file access but the file was nowhere to be found.

The reason was that in the file system stack the request failed and CFP intercept that access before it is actually carried.
If that access could not be carried even if CFP allowed it there is nothing much to do.
This is how it is supposed to work.

If there is a flaw Comodo devs will surely fix it.

Anyway there is no way to reroduce your findings if you don’t pass those samples to the Devs (don’t post live malware in the forums though).

If you ever find something like that please post about it in the CFP bugreport or Leak Testing/Attacks/Vulnerability Research boards.

At least this is how other members who like CFP actually do.

Could reproduce it, will post the results in the right section.

Hello.

Thank you very much for providing a free firewall solution. (:CLP)

This is just some feedback which might help improve the Comodo Website and the software. :■■■■

I sometimes work on a HP notebook with XP with service pack 3 installed.
I decided to download Comodo personal firewall to try it out.

I was unsure what to install because the following specifications are listed on the main website:
CFP 3.0 System Requirements
* Windows XP (SP2) 32 bit version
* Windows XP 64 bit version
* Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit versions
* 64 Mb RAM
* 55 MB hard disk space for 32-bit versions and 75 MB for 64-bit versions

As you may notice… Windows XP (SP3) is not listed.
and it does not say Windows XP (SP2) or with later service packs

Since I didn’t know whether a 32 or 64 bit version was installed, I decided to download the 64 bit version and try it out.

When I tried installing the file CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe, instead of the program telling me that I was using the wrong version for a Windows XP 32bit version, I got the following error message:

“Error 0 running command .\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe”

This is just to inform you that other people might have the same experience and think that your software is faulty and therefore decide not to use it.

I found out that I was using the wrong software version of Comodo (64 bit instead of 32 bit) for the installation and successfully installed the 32 bit version. I’ll test it later, because I’m pretty tired right now.

Hi Angela_Merkel Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the feedback. The System Requirements are the minimum requirements, So it can be more.

Josh

Major update is out!

Josh