Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.2.5 Alpha Bug Reports (XP and Vista 32 bit) [Closed]

Hello,

Please report any bugs that you find for XP and Vista 32 bit versions in this topic.

When reporting bugs please be sure to tell us if you are using XP or Vista 32 bit as some bugs may only occur in one of the operating systems.

We really appreciate your feedback :).

Thanks,
Justin

I moved this from the other thread.

I set up all of my previous rules, above any BLOCK rules, for the ports that I wanted to allow OUT(80,110,443, etc…). I then changed the pre-set ALL OUT rule right above the pre-set BLOCK ALL IN rule to BLOCK TCP/UDP OUT so that I could block anything except what I wanted to allow OUT and it overrode all of the rules above it and blocked everything OUT. I either have to ALLOW ALL OUT or delete that rule.

I tried restarting after changing that rule and that did not affect the outcome. So somethings up with the way rules are getting read it looks like.

I have excluded the firewall totally in CBOC and trusted CBOC in the firewall.

Otherwise it is running more stable than the last alpha.

If no one else is having this problem then I will uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps.

EDIT: I found out the problem. When I use an IP address or ANY instead of my computer hostname then everything works ok. I also noticed that I don’t get the Idle System Process block once I change the hostname to either an IP address or to ANY. Maybe a bug there huh?

I also uninstalled/reinstalled the firewall and had no problems with that part. I used the Comodo uninstall in the Start Menu and not the Add/Remove Programs uninstall. All went well and is working very good now.

Using XP x32.

jasper

Uninstall did not satisfy the Install. Required me to manually delete CFP registry entries to Install successfully.

The internal Log viewer is much better. The date/time format is correct in the external log viewer (although it does display redundant 100ths of a second that its not using). Date/time format still needs looking at in the Internal viewer.

The Defense+ Log does not say why an entry is Logged.

Some explanation of the System Idle process Firewall blocks would be appreciated… if its a bug or intentional (if so what does it mean).

With monitor Messages enabled in Defense+ it blocks URLto calls from applications, unless it results in opening the browser for the first time, subsequent URLto’s are blocked silently. Well maybe not silently… but there are no alerts or Log entries… that make sense. Unmonitored Messages (default state) and all is well.

Main CFP screen remembers its size & position… excellent! Have not tried a restart yet. Optimistic.

Secondary screens… such as Defense+ Computer Security Policy screen & the firewall’s Network Security policy screen do not remember their size & position. Considering the volume of entries these screens can contain, it would be very useful if they did remember their size & position.

Hokay, here’s the report from me :slight_smile: - Running Vista Ultimate 32-bit

I installed the new Alpha and everything seemed to be fine…

Took out the predefined rules as I did with the first version…

I then ran Internet Explorer, imagine my suprise when Comodo just let it go out without asking me (rem I delete the predefined rules)

Ok, I thought, went in and looked in security policy, found that Internet Explorer was in there…
Deleted it, then re-ran Internet Explorer… Hmm It ran again and accessed the internet again without any word from Comodo at all…
Checked Security Policy again and it was back in there with a setting of allow… (I sure didn’t allow it, cause Comodo never asked me…

A friend of mine also had exactly the same problem with his install (I said for him to post in here as well)

Have gone back to the first Alpha for now until I see if anyone else having this problem…

Same problem here.

jasper

Re: No alert using MSIE. I confirm that as well.

This also happens to other apps… I don’t know if CFP is ignoring them or if they’re on some sort of internal safe list (can’t find any ignore option for that).

Me too,No Alert on IE

Alert for me on IE on vista ultimate 32 bit. I noticed the tray icon option for the system tray but enabling it seems to do nothing, seems broken.

I confirm that the systray icon option Show Tray Animation (new to CFP 3.0.2.5 Alpha) does not work. I suspect that it has not been written or enabled yet.

Game pauses for split second still occuring, for me in vista 32 ultimate running bf2142, starts out okay, but after a couple of minutes the game freezes for split second every couple of seconds or so. I alt tabbed and I saw the CFP.exe using 50percent cpu usage. No alerts or anything else happening. Game gets progressivle worse and to point its unplayable, hopefully this can be fixed asap!

XP 32bit:

I also confirm sys tray icon animation not working.

For IE 6 alerts are given (used only to check this problem mentioned. never uses it otherwise :wink: )

Low cpu/memory! So far So good!

Dam

IE alerts are probably not coming up because IE is a Comodo Trusted Application.

Need some gamers to confirm the high cpu usage bug.

G’day,

Atempted install of Alpha 3025 on XP SP2. Installation completed without issue, but system will not restart. No BSOD, just a reboot. The following events were in the System Alert Viewer;

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 29/06/2007
Time: 3:35:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NEW1
Description:
The COMODO Firewall Pro Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Microsoft Support.

Event ID: 7023
Time: 3:37:23 PM
Description:
The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
An invalid argument was supplied.

I then uninstalled using the start menu uninstall entry which reported as completing. After a reboot, I was unabel to reinstall as it reported the firewall was still installed. Uninstalling from Control Panel reported that the app was uninstalled anbd just removed the app from the listing. Ran regedit and manually removed the CFP Alpha settings. reinstalled and found same error conditions, bet there were additional entries in the System Alert Viewer as follows;

Event ID: 7001
Time: 4:05:16 PM
Description:
The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Description:
The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

Description:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD Networking Support Environment service which failed to start because of the following error:

Uninstalled again, and tested LAN and internet conection without CFP. All OK.

Will reinstall previous version of the alpha and go through the uninstall, reinstall loop again.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen

I’ve not encountered anything like the problems you have. But, you did prompt me to look at the Windows Event Log & I did find a 7034 event.

The COMODO Firewall Pro Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
This happened when I restarted after I had installed CFP.

Have just done the uninstall - manually remove registry keys - reboot - reinstall alpha1 - reboot - uninstall alpha1 - manually remove registry keys - reboot - install alpha3025 - reboot routine.

Error condition is identical - no BSOD, no dumps, no warnings, just a reboot.

System viewer reports Firewall Pro Helper sevice termination, failure to bind numerous services to TCP/IP, IPSEC errors.

Reinstallation of alpha1 (after manual registry keys) succeeds and reimport of prior rules works.

NIC is intel 21143, driver version 5.5.4.0

Bummer ???

Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. After each install of alpha3025, I rebooted several times to make sure it wasn’t just a “first run” type glitch, btu the errors were consistent after each reboot.

Can’t confirm issues with IE7. I got alerts initially as with any other program. The only unusual item with IE7 is that I cannot set it as “web browser” as i have done with Firefox.

So far this version of the alpha is working smoothly. I have encountered none of the problems I had with the prior version.

Vista Home Premium 32 bit. AMD Turion 64 X2.

Vista Home Premium 32

Avast (anti Virus) 4.7 causes CFP to stop responding then will eventually come up with an CFP has stopped error message which also stops responding when the first alert for Avast appears.
Uninstalled Avast and all ok (except when CFP stops responding sometimes I have to reboot via reset button and my Raid 1 mirror wants to be rechecked which is so slow but that happens with other programmes/problems as well).

Looks like time for a new Anti Virus.
Zos

Update installed AVG Free and it seems to be working ok.
Also anyone else have problem with Avast

OK, I am bending over so you can kick me in the behind.

I had Netbios disabled and of course hostname won’t work without it so I reenabled netbios and working fine now.

jasper

Found typo error Vista 32: Firewall common tasks section reads: MY blocked in bold typ should read My Blocked Network Zones.

Wondered what it was for a second or two.
Zos