Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.17.183 Released

Shifter your sig and avatar are SMOKIN! (:CLP)

Hi, thanks Slippster! I have been getting a bit more time practicing with Gimp. If you want to post about more or check out some stuff Aowl did in photo shop or more of my “Gimpings” you can go here…

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3650.msg44195.html#msg44195

Once again thanks for that, much appreciated!

Paul

Please correct me if I am wrong—but I think I skinned you all on the deal. All you dedicated people who had faith that comodo would make good and endured the pain of earlier versions. And here I waited until this new version came out to jump on the bandwagon. And I only ask where is the pain?

That heck with this some pain for some gain stuff—us jonney come lately’s shall get it all.

And what’s about the other bugs listed on this site? Do You solve them?
http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/Comodo-Personal-Firewall-2.3.6.81/#open-private-bugs

What pain? CPF had worked great for me since beginning of last July :slight_smile: O So see, not all of us endured the pain. Besides, we can feel we had a part in Melih listening to us and helping to build the versions ;D :wink: Seriously though , great that you are a COMODIAN now! You can now sit back and enjoy free security and most of all, um…enjoy free security! :slight_smile:

Paul

I updated through the program on Sunday, and all has been well!

BTW, Comodo Firewall has worked fine for me since August 2006. (M)

Hi all

I have at last got the comodo firewall to work on my computer with the new update. The previous version would not work at all, computer froze, my voip phone systems went down and the cpu went up to 100%
I am now one happy camper at the moment, hope it stays that way. My only question is , what is the antivirus program like, the forums indicate many problems and I am reluctant to down load and use the program, If forum, users say it is good it must be good, however, some still say that it is still under developement, and has teething problems. advice will be most appreciated (:KWL) (:KWL) (:KWL) (:KWL)

brockjohns40, welcome to the forums!

Glad the FW is working for you. In regards to the AV, here’s my advice. If you are not certain, then don’t download it.

To be clear, yes CAVS (at the current version) is a great improvement over previous versions. CPU usage, overall stability, operations, the HIPS, etc are all doing well. Definitely it’s moving in the right direction. It is still, however, a Beta product, and should be used with great care. Some users have only minor problems, some have had major problems. With the current version, I’m not aware of any major issues; however, each computer configuration is different, and that has accounted for many issues in the past.

Hope that helps,

LM