Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.17.183 Released

Wow. Very impressed, way to fix an issue that is pointed out very quickly, not give the firewall testing site some comment about looking into it etc.

Update went fine but it killed Webroot Spysweeper on subsequent restart. Was always visible in my systray but not anymore. Anybody else encounter this?

Bob M.

Just following up on my previous post. I restarted Comodo a second time. Kinda weird but Spysweeper reappeared in my systray but popups indicated that Comodo was disabled. I have encountered this before so I exited Comodo & restarted it and all was fine!!. Go figure.

Bob M.

I’d like to ad that the “CPU Spike” problem is still there. If “Monitor DLL Injections” under “Application Behavior Analysis” is activated, the process “cpf.exe” is spiking in the task manager. Up to 25% in my case. And it leaves the whole system sluggish, some websites do not open or load forever. Before this update it was the “cmdagent.exe”. So the “slugger” switched processes :slight_smile:

Maybe you guys can look into it?

Congrats Egemen and COMODO,

smooth update and no problems at all after a day’s usage. Well done.

My only question is why the following thread has not been resolved for so long. My ticket about the same subject is still at hold with the support group as well. https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5675.0.html

Other than that no problems.

Thanks

Hilmi

I did get a reply from tech support today. This is the reply:

Can you please try with our latest release CFP 2.4.17.183 which is released on Feb 6th 2007, please let us know if still the problem persists.

This reply still does not resolve the thread https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5675.0.html

I’d rather have an explanation but ,anyway, I am still using COMODO. Are there any better options?

Hilmi

Thanks for the fast update. This software is living! How? May is developers not sleeping.

aXes

Running smooth here as well.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for keeping CPF updated!! You guys are doing a great job!

i got installed update on two pc’s and both of them freezing after some min after restarting , i have installed aol active virus shield too on both of pc’s i have had this problem before version 4.0 pro of comodo firewall but it solved with version 4.0 pro but now this strange problem again in both of the pc’s, has something to do with active virus shield bug’s or something? can you have a look on it?
Thank you
i also have installed on windows xp sp2 all the latest updates and i m using an amd fx-62 and an amd 64 4800 and more than 2gb ram on both pc’s

Well done with the update! Fast, smooth and awesome as ever.

Great work ppl!

Matt

I’m sure impressed! Matousec reports vulnerability on February 1st and you guys have it fixed by February 6th. Now that’s what I call RESPONSIVE! (L) (R)

Actually, Matousec contacted Comodo on Jan 24, but 2 weeks is still fast :slight_smile:

Yeah, I totally agree to that!! :slight_smile:

(R)

Does this update fix the VERY ANNOYING bug that it keeps asking for applications each time a new parent starts then EVEN IF I have selected “Skip parent check”. This is getting on my nerves. Now I have to have one entry for each parent (and with 10+ entries pr application on different port and addresses that gets to a lot of entries). What is the point of “Skip parent check” anyway then :frowning:

:frowning:

Ran the update from the UI
no hassles!
all is well.
http://gamingpix4.com/pix/headbanger.gif
(R)

Did it fix the BSOD with Sana Security Primary Response Safeconnect? I just used the trial version and my computer crashed.

Resolved incompatibility of AVG Antivirus Free 7.5?

good to see this release. It fixed some bugs related to multiple enquiries to the same app even if I was choosing not to ask me again and to perform the same action everytime. (V)

To those who are having popup issues, did you set the security alerts to medium or LOW in my case. This will , when selecting “remember” not keep giving you pop ups.

Paul

Yes, it’s on low.