"Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ."

When I mouse over the CPF icon in the systray, the balloon says:
“Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . .”
But CPF everything appears to be working fine. Is this something to be concerned about? Thanks!

Jim

No, it’s fine. The core components of CPF are initialized during the intial Windows boot sequence. You’re still protected, but there is a performance hit until CPF has completely initialized.

hope this helps,
ewen :slight_smile:

When I mouse over the CPF icon in the systray, the balloon says: "Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ." But CPF everything appears to be working fine. Is this something to be concerned about?

Hi folks.

This is something that I am getting too.

I have installed the firewall on my XP home laptop and my XP Pro desktop and I am seeing this on my XP Pro machine only.

It does not occur every boot but the majority of them. I have left the computer sitting and gone back an hour later and the message still appears if I mouse over the Icon in systray.

XP pro is all patched up to date. Running AVAST, Spybot (not tea-timer), Adaware free edition and Ewido free edition.

If I do a restart then everything is fine, it only appears to happen from a cold boot.

The fact that there is a performance hit until CPF has completely installed is a worry, as I mentioned I have gone back to my PC an hour later and it is still giving this message.

Other than that, cracking firewall.

Luxor

When I said performance hit, I meant for about a minute there is a noticeable lag, but on 6 installs here, the lag is not apparent for more than a minute, and these 6 boxes have a wide range of OS’s, security software and patch levels.

Out of curiousity, does the desktop PC use ethernet or wireless for LAN connection?

Ewen :slight_smile:

i have also had this same thing occur with CPF. i contacted tech support but have not heard back from them with a solution. it occurs very intermittently on my system, and in the past few days has not occured at all. i also get it with a cold boot.

Out of curiousity, does the desktop PC use ethernet or wireless for LAN connection?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Neither. Only networked when I require via a USB network cable.

Luxor

is there any solution for the intermittent slow initialization of CPF? just wondering.

I just upgraded to 2.3.5.62 today and I am getting the same problem. It doesn’t always happen, but once I see the “Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . .” it is stuck there until the next reboot. This is on WinXP SP2, Dell Latitude D600 laptop, using built-in wireless card.

Are all those with this problem running on XP?

i’m running windows xp home edition sp2.

WinXPsp2 updated
also intermittent, but I haven’t recognized a pattern
also running ewido, avast, windows defender, x1 search, activesync

Are any of you getting any Medium - High alerts in your Comodo logs matching the time when this occurs?

not that i know of. it just happened again to me after a cold boot.

Not that I know of either. Never noted the time of these boots so can’t tell from the log files.

Will pay attention to this on the next boot that this occurs, which will probably be today sometime.

Luxor

Ok checked and no Alerts when this occurs.

i haven’t seen any alerts when this occurs either. it’s very intermittent, no real pattern that i can see.

Here also.
I’m using XP home SP2 with all updates and avast! home.
Many people with the probelm use avast! or am I wrong ?
Noticed also that a reboot is not necessary, stooping and restarting manually CPF and the problem is gone (until the next time :wink: )

i’m also running avast home edition. one thing i notice is that when CPF fails to initialize, it takes a LONG time for avast to initialize, as well as weather watcher. but it didn’t happen when i turned on my computer this morning, and everything initialized properly.

i hope this glitch can be fixed soon. CPF is the best free firewall i have ever used, and i have no desire to switch. hopefully the tech support people read this forum, and are working on a solution.

And here is another Avast (Pro version) that have this smaller problem with “Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . .”

is there anything that can be done to fix this problem?

i wonder if the problem is with avast? or CPF? i remember for a long time the reason i didn’t use earlier versions of CPF was the incompatibility with AVG Email Scanner. now a solution has been found for that problem, but in the meantime i switched from AVG to Avast. now i have no problem with the avast email scanner, but we see the slow (or no) initialization of CPF. whether this is because of a conflict with avast i’m not sure, but i hope a solution can be found. i wonder if running avast home or pro is a common denominator with people who are experiencing this problem?