Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7098: Windows hangs during startup

Hello everyone and sorry for my english. :slight_smile:

Since I installed Comodo Firewall version 12.2.2.7098 I am occasionally having problems booting up Windows 10 20H2 (build 19042.746).

Basically, once logged in and arrived at the desktop, the loading of applications in the taskbar is not finished (only about 50% of the programs set for automatic start are loaded) and the system no longer responds. I can not run any program, the opening of some folder on the desktop is extremely slowed down and the start menu does not respond, almost as if the processor were very very busy in the execution of some process. The only option I have left is to restart the computer manually.

I uninstalled Comodo Firewall, even using Comodo Uninstaller 3.1.0.45, and the issue no longer occurs, despite the numerous reboots tried.

Avast Free Antivirus is also present in the system, but I made sure to set mutual exclusions between Avast and Comodo Firewall.

This problem occurs only in the initial loading phase of the programs. In other words: if the loading process of the programs set to start automatically is concluded, there are no more problems; otherwise, during the loading of automatic programs, Windows hangs and does not actually respond to any command.

I even did an in-place reinstall, but that didn’t fix it.

Thank you very much for your attention! :wink:

NOTE:

1. Here in my PC after update system in windows 10 insider, the windows antivirus defender if auto active and loading startup system very slow;
  2. I disable windows antivirus defender and system start normal with comodo internet security installed and active;
  3. Same than not seem, two software antivirus in same PC cause slowdown in system;

Comodo internet security is more complete…

Hi markinson,

Thank you for reporting. Using more than one security software can result in program conflicts and may cause unexpected behaviors. Could you please check and confirm if this problem occurs when there is no other security software is installed except Comodo.

If you still have this issue then please provide us the logs for further verification, we will reach you through Private message to get required logs.

I apologize for the delay in replying, but my Thunderbird put the notifications in junk mail. :frowning:
I currently have three computers at my disposal (all running Windows 10 Pro 20H2), essentially with these security configurations:

• Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 21.2.16.590 and Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7098; no problems at startup except the issue of the icon in the systray sometimes not visible (icon of Comodo Firewall systray invisible);
  • AVG Free Edition 20.10.5824 and Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7098; startup is particularly slow, but it probably depends on the age of the computer;
  • Avast Free Antivirus 20.10.5824 and Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7098; with the problems reported in this thread.

For the checks that I have been able to carry out, the problem occurs just after the installation of Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7098, installation which took place after updating Windows to the 20H2 edition.

Now I’ll check the private messages right away.
Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

Do you have Fast Startup enabled (which is the Default Setting). If so, disable it and post back if this helped.

Hi! :slight_smile:
If you mean “Fast Startup” from BIOS settings, I’ve tried this way but disabling this feature unfortunately didn’t solve.

I think cruelsister refers to Fast Startup as a setting in Windows. It can be found under Control Panel → Power Options → Choose what the power button does. After disabling it reboot and see what happens.

Did you test what happened if you only have Comodo Firewall installed? It is crucial to know because hat way we can determine if the problem is between Windows and Comodo or Comodo and other security program(s).

To be sure to find the right “Fast Startup” option I followed this guide: How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you’d want to)
I can tell you that on my desktop I haven’t at all the option “Turn on [off] fast startup”.

After I install Comodo Firewall the problems start. If I remember correctly, no others security software were installed too.

Now, with much regret, I uninstalled Comodo Firewall and all the problems are gone.
I’ll try some days without Comodo Firewall, to verify if it’s this version to cause the issue I described in this thread.

Thank you for your time!

Something more, that I forgot before.

I tried to launch cisreporttool.exe as the issue rises up, but, after a plenty of time, I got the error below.

Just saw this that’s the latest insider’s build released this month on the 12th. Your honestly questioning why the Firewall is off ? Not even an official release and your nit picking Comodo ? Really ?

I probably didn’t understand your intervention very well. Excuse me, but my English is bad.
Anyway, the version I am using (or rather: I was using) is simply the last release reported here: Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7098 Released

If it is not possible to ask for support for this version as well, I apologize and will await the release of a new edition.

Your English seems perfectly fine to me and more than likely anyone who reads this ? My point is you may be running the latest version of CIS (firewall) but your also running a preview build of Windows less than a month old. Surely as always the software will follow the OS. My point is your in the middle of an experiment. Let’s not confuse people who need genuine help !

This is your point of view, which I respect but do not share.
I asked for help in this forum for the latest stable version of Comodo Firewall installed on the latest stable version of Windows.
No experiments in progress for me, I can assure you, just problems with Comodo Firewall. If this thread is inappropriate, moderators can either close or remove it directly.

Listen you just said the the last stable version of Windows with the latest stable version of Comodo and Windows 10 20H2 (build 19042.746) is not that. As to what you said read your first post after all you started this thread.

I wrote in my first post of this thread my current Windows version, I confirm Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.746, just to clarify which is my start condition.
I can assure you I’m not participating to any Windows Insider Program, as I’ve the same O.S. build in other two computers.
Anyway, I’m sorry for this misunderstanding.
Have a nice day.

Is it possible on Windows 10 to roll back to another (official) stable Windows build/update and try again to see if that solves the issue on that machine?

Unfortunately at this moment I can’t roll back the Windows on this machine.
However, if I remember correctly, these problems have started after I installed latest current Comodo Firewall release 12.2.2.7098.

On a further fourth computer I have Avast Free Antivirus build 20.10.5824.626 and Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7098: no problem, at the moment, in this case.
The version of the Windows operating system is always Win10 20H2 build 19042.746.

I really don’t know …

https://www.google.com/search?q=Windows+10+20H2+(build+19042.746)&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

So it was released (preview) 16 days ago. Now you got three pc’s running it today. Okay you have a nice day also !

Either way preview build and CIS will be on it’s game when released.

Did you install Avast and CIS in the same order on those two computers?
Maybe the installation order plays a role here.