COMODO EasyVPN 1.0.58165.43 BETA Released! [Locked]

what we are planning is: free for personal use and charge for commercial use…(but things could change… but we are strongly in favour of giving it free for personal use)

melih

I’ve just had a quick look and it seems pretty good.

A couple of things though:

1. it seems a little odd to have to create a different account for each PC I want to connect.
  2. Is there any way to get the tray icon to show connection status ? eg Online, Offline, Connecting etc
  3. Are there any plans for Linux and OSX clients ?

Melih, consider the following situation: Computer-illiterate friends of me are running a small shop. They sell nothing IT-related but have two PCs for bookkeeping. From time to time they have software problems and I am helping them out for free. In that situation I’d like to use EasyVPN to help them, because then I need not spend time going there and going back.

Would you consider this as commercial use (because they run a shop) or personal use (because it’s just me helping my friends and their shop has nothing to do with EasyVPN)?

I’m eagerly awaiting your answer :slight_smile:

you are helping friend… its non commercial

Melih

That’s the answer I hoped for :BNC
Be sure that in January I will test EasyVPN more thoroughly :slight_smile:

I seem to have the same problems… could anyone let me know how to see the remote desktop?

:THNK

Harry

Right click a contact > remote desktop
then a window should open

(Still needs improvement on speed and other features i think :slight_smile: )

CG

If the remote(xxx) accept your request,your chat dialog will show a message with “xxx has accepted your Remote Desktop Control request.” A new application will be launched whose caption is “EasyVPN xxx’s Desktop”.
If there is something wrong or anyone stop the connection, a message “Your Remote Desktop Control session has ended” will be showed.
You can try again.

hmmm

I have no other application starting (or other window open) when the other party (2nd computer in the same office) accepts the remote connection.

Actually, after 5-10 seconds, the connection breaks automatically…

Vista Business SP1 (32bits)
Avira Premium 8.2.0.374
Comodo Firewall 3.5.57173.439 (firewall only)

Did uninstall and reinstall the application, but same results.

Harry ???

Hey Harry,

FYI, I get irregular timeouts when I connect through my main ISP but get none when I connect through my secondary ISP or my mobile internet connection. I don’t know exactly what the root cause is, but will look further after Christmas.

It’s worth perservering with - EasyVPN is simply brilliant!!

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Panic,

I’m not sure the ISP is the root of this problem. Other users report a different window should open to see the remote’s desktop. This is not happening on the computers I have.

Also the problem is not just with the main ISP but have tried different ISP’s (WIFI and LAN) as well as mobile.

A specific setting at Firewall required?

Harry ???

Not that I can think of. The only thing I did was to allows EasyVPN as a trusted app, once I was sure it was actually trustable. If I can think of anything else, I’ll post back here.

Cheers,

What’s this? A shiny new toy? :■■■■ mmmhmmm, the force is strong in this one (:AGL)

[at] m0ng0d

In the words of Maurice Moss; “You’d better put seatbelts on your ears, Roy, 'cause this ones going to take your mind on the ride of it’s life!”.

EasyVPN is brilliant!!!

I don’t like the idea that you have to grant for rdp everytime (Couldn’t find an option to disable this). Also RDP lacks a lot of functionality, but it’s still a beta version. Everything else worked fine.

Remote access apps that do not ask for permission first are not viewed very kindly.

Also RDP lacks a lot of functionality, but it's still a beta version. Everything else worked fine.

Early days yet - there are several really nice features still to be introduced. Bear with them on this. It will be worth the wait.

Almost any RDP works with a password and straight connect, I think thats better or at least an option than grant permission.

Does anyone has experience with Easy VPN and Vista?

For some reason I’m not able to connect to a remote computer using my vista system (Vista Business SP1), while I have no problem using the XP systems still sitting around… ???

A connection initiated with the Vista computer automatically disconnects after a few seconds, no new window is opened to see the other desktop… is anyone else having the same problems???

Thanks,

Harry

What ports does EasyVPN use? I want to forward them accordingly on my router to get a “direct” connection rather than a “relayed” one to reduce my ping.

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure you can’t set up a direct connection. It has to go through the Comodo servers to maintain the connection and act as the middle man.

There are a handful of open source VPN products available that don’t require a man in the middle, but you would need to tweak your router to allow them to operate.

Cheers,