Comodo Dragon ver 24.0 is now available for download

Hi ultradolby1,
A few bugs have become evident in this release. :frowning:
I am sorry that you have the displeasure of encountering some.
Thank you for taking the time to try the next release in the hope that these issues are resolved.
Kind regards.

@ Burebista :

Exactly. This is what I did seen the problem I posted above. But for achieving this manual update an additional browser (such as Explorer) is needed to find Comodo’s download page!

Sorry but this kind of neverending bug forcing users to open another browser for a simple update of CD does not make the latter trustfull to many people! It shows CD as an “amateur” and unfixed browser…

Comodo developers should bear in mind that they will never gain more market nore users for their browser until they check deeply how come so many people have to face such bugs with autoupdates. Most users experiencing a bug for such a basic thing as a simple autoupdate simply uninstall it and never try to download and use it again!..

I don’t get how people are having problems. My Win 7 machine updated CD automatically with no interaction at all and on the XP machine, I just clicked on about and it updated just like Chrome does. I didn’t have to manually download anything.

I agree. Ver. 24 (portable) is very very fast to me and apparently with no bugs (Win7ProSP1 64bit, no-admin account, Intel sandy bridge).

Posted by: Dch48 I don't get how people are having problems. My Win 7 machine updated CD automatically with no interaction at all and on the XP machine, I just clicked on about and it updated just like Chrome does. I didn't have to manually download anything.

Not everyone’s environment is the same. It’s great you didn’t have any problems - I too haven’t seen any issues - but these things happen.

I had a problem on my second computer. After downloading new version, CD reported an error after relaunch. Had to upgrade it manually…

I wasn’t able to automatically update 23.4 so 24 was updated manually.

Now I am not able to automatically update 24.1. 24 gives the same prob as 23.4 failed to download new update.

I dont know if the prob is something here or in CD on Win 7 64.

I haven’t tried uninstalling. Now I will uninstall 24 & install 24.1 & will later see if the subsequent version will be able to automatically update.

Bug Fix release V24.1 now available for download.
I will lock this topic now, if for any genuine reason you would like it re-opened please PM an online Moderator to consider.
Thank you.
Comodo Dragon ver 24.1 is now available for download