Comodo Dragon ver 24.0 is now available for download

Is anyone else having issues with marking/highlighting text in this latest version? In the previous version the highlight would follow the mouse with no delay, in this release the highlight traces my mouse and is generally slow and has a very obvious acceleration effect to it. The only comparison I can give is playing games on a ~50ms monitor with vsync enabled, or just generally vsync enabled since that would in most cases cause input lag.

Not having problems with that, but have noticed if i scroll real fast on a long page, everything disappears long enough to show me a white and grey checker board that should be my page lol… Also have noticed on a few systems, when this version is sandboxed, it will lock the system up, have to hard boot to undo…

EDIT: This version of Chromium is been known for crashing and issues already, been finding comments everywhere about it…

Hi there,
Same issues with the portable version , starting CD triggers 3d. Disabled 3d with “C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe” /disable, still had to kill it with task manager; meaning two distinct issues. Previous version triggered with full screen flash player.
Windows 8 pro x64

Use of Download, Relaunch & Install from orange announcement bar only partially works.

I tried using it for the update download. Download took 7 minutes, this not bad. A few seconds after attempt to “Relaunch…”, a message came up titled “Dragon Restarter”, with a big X in the body and saying “Dragon update failed (installation error)”.

I found a downloaded temporary file in C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Local Settings\Temp\DragonSetup.exe, and there were a few other files that seemed to come along with the download.

I then ran this DragonSetup.exe from the Temp directory, directly. This installation worked. Good to know that something workable really was downloaded at least.

Strange, three install option buttons, the top being “Repair and install version 24”, instead of the usual, “Upgrade install from version 23.4 to 24.0” that I would have expected.

Hopefully C D staff can finally fix the Download-Relaunch-Install system in the browser.

Hi string_game,
To me this sounds like an glitch in the initial download of the update process.

…the whole thing’s a glitch, & I’m not just sayin’ that to be mean or a troll of some kind - I’m really reachin’ out here, & givin’ it the benifits (note the plural) of the doubt - just re-dl’d & reinstalled it for the 3’rd time (not counting the original “update”), & it’s still F’d - WONT CLOSE, & from all I’m reading, there’s a lot more wrong with it than I see - I went this time to the older thread, “Comodo Dragon ver 23.4 is now available for download” hoping to just get & live with the older version, but it dl’d this garbage version again - that really ■■■■■■ me off - now I have to go through the same old uninstall BS again - why did you people do that, why not just delete that thread, instead of sayin’ it’s something it’s not - outta hope…

Hi ultradolby1,
Sorry to hear you are having issues with the current version.
It does sound like something might have got corrupted in your Dragon user profile during the update process.
Please try a new user profile.
To create a new user profile in Comodo Dragon

If it still fails, older versions can be downloaded at the following location.
FileHippo Dragon
Kind regards.

Thanks for the update. Running fine. It seems to be still faster than previous versions.

I thought may be yesterday there was some Comodo server prob but today too it shows failed to download new update & it shows this message instantly when clicked on download.

How to update manually? I mean should I download & install the latest version or first I have to uninstall the current version installed on the system?

But autoupdate shouldn’t have this kind of prob as not all users visit forum.

Download and install latest version and you’ll have an option to upgrade from previous version when running setup and previous version will be uninstalled automatically.

Thanxx, manually updated.

I got this problem too, I ended up having to disable 3D in the Nvidia Control Panel and then rebooting.

I mean, browsing in 3D would be cool, but that’s not how it works, it just triggers my screen’s profile for 3D which I can’t edit so brightness go down quite a lot and colors flatten out etc.

Edit: Overall smoothness is also brought down a notch.

No problem here mine updated :slight_smile:

…did the file hippo thing - made sure I was on the 23.4 - still installed this 24.0 useless browser (now for the fourth time) - did you have a key person or persons leave the company at the end of the year or something - in any event, I can’t use this…
Mod edit: Fixed quote tags, Captainsticks.

Hi ultradolby1,
Did you remove the user profile as I previously suggested?
I just downloaded V23.4 from FileHippo and it installed the portable version as V23.4.
The attributes show the file as V23.4.
It also gave the option to downgrade my current installed version in which I did not proceed for obvious reasons.

did you have a key person or persons leave the company at the end of the year or something - in any event, I can't use this...
I would think this did not happen, but I can not speak for Comodo Staff as I am only a Volunteer Forum Moderator.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I did some testing and found the following:
Comodo Dragon ver 23.4 (Normal) - Works normally and highlighting is instant.
Comodo Dragon ver 23.4 (Sandboxed) - Works normally and highlighting is instant.
Comodo Dragon ver 24.0 (Normal) - Works normally and highlighting is instant.
Comodo Dragon ver 24.0 (Sandboxed) - Does not work normally and highlighting is very slow, scrolling on pages is also rather slow.

I want my browser to be Sandboxed however I can’t go back to 23.4 because my user profile won’t load and apparently I’d have to create a new one which I don’t want to do. I assume Comodo Dragon reads a certain file to get the version number and I also assume that changing this number from the latest version to the 23.4 version will solve the problem with user profiles. I understand this may cause compatibillity and stability issues however I’d rather try it and see if it works rather than do hours of configuring (and remember the configurations) over again.

Went back to 23.4, in the meantime you could create two batch files for enabling/disabling 3D without the need to reebot and reconfigure each time.
Nvidia removed that option in win7 ?

@echo off]
“C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe” /enable
exit

@echo off]
“C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe” /disable
exit

Create two shortcuts>start minimized>select icons>folder>unlock toolbar>new toolbar>no text/title.

Edit : Forget it, it works with 24 and still triggers /23.

I checked the box to remove user profile during each & every uninstall as well as rebooted
The thing works for about 10 minutes after install & then intermittant in a very seldom way
I’ll use ie8 & ff until the next update & try it one more time, no go, then it’s chromium or iron for good

They need to fix the bugs and release it asap. I am very unhappy with this release…problems with Java and slow browsing.

I never run my browser sandboxed (I think it’s unnecessary most of the time) unless I’m using the Kiosk so Dragon works just fine. I really only use it in the Kiosk since my default browser is IE9.