Comodo Dragon ver 19.0 is now available for download

With google chrome i have bsods i want to give a try to comondo dragon .do you have any problem with bsods with comondo thanks sry for my english

How can I disable tab animation?

Thanks guys! :-TU

it’s great that everyone got their themes back but why does it seem people care more about the way dragon looks rather than actual usefull features that get added. it seems like comodo is just riding chromium while adding little features here and there that slightly enhance security for dragon over other browsers with everything default. they added the site inspector button which is just a glorified bookmark instead of adding right click scan for links or alternatively put an icon next to links that you can click to perform a scan. and making it to where when you click on the site inspector button and a text field drops down so you can manually type a site in to scan if you need to. I’m not saying rush features as everything above is on the wishlist but if you’re going to add a feature, make it useful instead of pointless. all the current button does is rais awareness about site inspector and give you a quick link to the site without having to have a bookmark. add usefull features not junk

Welcome to the un-winnable war.
I was also fussing about no Aero on Vista/7, I mean, why not? If Dragon’s team ever decides to implement it, I am awaiting the day. I am not like these users that are hoping the themes back the next build, things can wait, seriously.

Comodo dragon still be improved, as we entered the formula1.com, even if the page is loaded 100% when you scroll up and down all go slowly and with interruptions, with Mozilla 12 or IE 8 works well, even on the Comodo forum post where is an image that is loaded heavier, once page is loaded, everything goes with interruptions even if the page is loaded 100%. Here is the link to try.

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/post-here-if-you-want-comodo-dragon-to-support-theme-changing-again-t84236.0.html

Formula1 has no problem in my Dragon…

ok but did you try this one? https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/post-here-if-you-want-comodo-dragon-to-support-theme-changing-again-t84236.0.html

No. I use only default theme.

Nothing wrong with fancying a good book with a good looking cover in my world.

it seems like comodo is just riding chromium while adding little features here and there that slightly enhance security for dragon over other browsers with everything default. they added the site inspector button which is just a glorified bookmark instead of adding right click scan for links or alternatively put an icon next to links that you can click to perform a scan. and making it to where when you click on the site inspector button and a text field drops down so you can manually type a site in to scan if you need to. I’m not saying rush features as everything above is on the wishlist but if you’re going to add a feature, make it useful instead of pointless. all the current button does is rais awareness about site inspector and give you a quick link to the site without having to have a bookmark. add usefull features not junk
A very strong point in favor of Dragon is the removal of all the tracking facilities: https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t47764.0.html;msg343367#msg343367 .

Less is truly more here.
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t47764.0.html

I’m aware that they removed the tracking but so does iron so nothing new there. they added comodo DNS ok that’s good. they have cert centry and the more thorough certificate info, great but that’s not the point. the point is they seem more concerned with adding a useless site inspector button, a share button which is more usefull than the site inspector button but adds no security which is still fine but I think they could have waited on adding that as they could have used that time to work on more relevant features and improving existing ones not to mention there’s other share extension which are way better. then they concern themselves with removing themes which melih didn’t even like and for what, brand awareness. that’s what the dragon menu icon is for they just need to make there own theme gallery so themes don’t make it look like chrome like some themes do or at least used to. why don’t they focus on making it more stable and reliable and fix annoying bugs like putting an icon on your desktop everytime you update or resolve the actual updating issues. I love dragon but it still needs to smooth out some of the basics

I think they could have waited on adding that as they could have used that time to work on more relevant features and improving existing ones
interesting :) what features did you have in mind? Also remember that google's code changes very rapidly, which is a royal pain in a ...... from a developers point of view. I suppose comodo could just keep dragon version 19 with Chromium core 19.0.1084.46 engine and not upgrade it and do nothing but bug fixes to Chromium engine to make it more stable, but then there would be a flood of complaints complaining about why hasn't comodo kept up with the Chromium engine updates!!
fix annoying bugs like putting an icon on your desktop everytime you update
I know you only mentioned that as an example, but to answer that specific bug. If it's anything like this topic here https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/cd-19-theme-bug-t84408.0.html It's a Chrome bug.

I think you’re missing my point. I have ideas on the wishlist as do others which are way better than the 2 buttons they added to dragon. as for stability Idk what they could do but they need to do something. the bug I was talking about does not exist in chrome from my experience

Hi thug4real,
I see what you mean while scrolling (especially wheel scrolling) in the topic that you listed above, when it gets to reply 6 (also reply 12) where there is a heavy image this version appears to go clunky with its scrolling.
Might not happen on all systems, but it is happening on mine at this location at least.

Same here.

Hmm anyone else still not being able to change theme’s?

same issue in my dragon 19 … BUT its also take place with google chrome 19 so … :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad to see Themes are back (thanks Melih!) and my upgrade this time didn’t nuke Dragon, so I’m happy. Yes, mods will see I’m posting this from FF because I’m in the midst of changing my Dragon (win) Chrome (linux) sync settings. Otherwise been using Dragon 19 a few days and it’s good.

As to the comments up stream about what Comodo should do different, more than Google, different from Iron (which is IMHO not much more than a scam with their “total rewrite” claim): Let’s be real, people. Comodo does not write Dragon. Dragon is a thinly revised/reskinned version of Google Chrome, and that is all it ever will be. That’s all it can be. Writing an entire modern, ACID-passing, HTML5-compatible, speedy secure browser is so far out of Comodo’s core competency it isn’t even funny.

Whereas removing some privacy-tracking features from Google Chrome (or more accurately, not adding those proprietary Googlebits to generic Chromium), adding a few additional security options that are real value-add (unlike Iron’s nonsense):

• Referrer header suppression, without the extra extension memory overhead of Referer Control or similar extensions,
  • In-Browser Comodo DNS option at run-time and system-wide at install-time,
  • Site Inspector button (even if it’s just a bookmarklet type of thing rather than builit-in function)
  • and the convenience feature of the Share button,
    is really all that we can expect, and is well within Comodo’s core competency as a Security-foremost, Windows-centric software house.

The only other thing I would credit Comodo for over Google for Dragon is my anecdotal evidence that Dragon has a slightly smaller memory footprint for the same set of tabs, extensions, plugins. At least on my systems. Maybe Comodo is doing a more-optimized compile. Maybe it’s just the lack of the built-in (Foxit-derived) PDF reader and Flash, and the lack of any Print Preview ability because of not having the Googe/Foxit PDF code on which it depends. (Annoyingly, doesn’t work even if enable the flags even if one has the full Foxit PDF reader/plugin, which I do. Would be nice to add hooks for that!)

I’ve very certain (no evidence but it’s obvious from how the web works) that the Share button is somehow monetized. I don’t care, because I want Comodo to make some money from Dragon. I don’t see any tracking URL rewriting but I haven’t done an on-the-wire sniffing or even bothered to look for cookies. But if Comodo is not being paid by Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to at least have the Share button, if not by each use of it, then Melih isn’t as good a businessman as I thought!

Anybody remember the early days of the Mozilla Suite from a decade ago? All the ‘don’t use Mozilla it’s just for developers’ comments from Mozilla? Remember the Beonex Suite which was a small company’s "commercialization"of Mozilla with a few tweaks and changes, optimization for end-user usage?

No I didn’t think you did. ;D But that is pretty much all that Dragon is.

I also thoroughly expect Dragon to go away entirely at some point, just like Beonex did, which disappeared long before the Mozilla Foundation decided to focus on Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox as their end user browser. There’s no money nor fame in minor tweaks to giant organizations’ browsers.

While we have Dragon, it’s a decent alternative Chromium family browser. On Windows, IMHO the best of the choices. But it is not Comodo’s browser. It’s Google’s, because Google almost entirely controls the Chromium Project as an in-house captive Open Source “farm team” for Google Chrome.

Seriously. Why do you think Comodo Dragon uses Google Sync and your Google Account if you want to sync between browser instances, instead of its own infrastructure and a secure Comodo Account with no datamining across the GooglePlex? (THAT would be a nice Comodo feature BTW!) All us Dragon users are Google Chrome users +/- 1% difference in features.

comodo is working on its own sync feature. also I think comodo is more than capable of building a browser from scratch but either way I don’t see dragon going anywhere