Comodo Dragon ver 16.0 is now available for download

this is a bug in v16 the developers are already aware of it. as a temporary fix go to options → under the hood-> and disable “Warn me if websites use low validation SSL certificate.”

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cd/ssl-warning-proceed-button-is-failing-to-respond-t79173.0.html

I like it. It does look faster and works great on loading a page…

There was only one error I had. When I was installing version 16 over top of version 15 of Dragon a pop up showed up saying uninstalling 001 problem. So I just pressed Re entry and it loaded ok with no other Problems.

Nige. :slight_smile:

I have latest version 16 installed. Suddenly it has started giving me endless updates. It says new updates are available & after update again it says new updates are available & this continues.

Thanxx
Naren

Hi,

Today I’ve got a pop-up from CD because a new version is available.
I have downloaded it and installed it, but now, as soon as I open CD, the same pop-up comes again, asking for a new update which actually is not.

Guys, what’s happening to Comodo in the last few weeks???
First, you have released CIS 5.8 which probably is the worst release ever, full of bugs and with some security concerns… then, the AV database has crashed and was not updated for 1 week… now you have released CD 16 full of bugs as well…

I like Comodo software, but I hope I won’t get so many issues on every new release…

Thanks

I’m seeing this too.

I have the same issues in that Ver. 16.0 installs, then when it opens it says there is a new update. It also says there is a new update in “About Comodo Dragon”. If I update, it installs Ver. 16 once again, and then says there is a new update, ad nauseum.

I also get the new “yellow screen of no pass” - if I click to “Proceed” it does nothing. If I click the “back” button sometimes the page shows, sometimes a page previous shows, and sometimes it just plain ole crashes.

I also had some trouble getting the updating file to download and install Ver. 16. Otherwise, it is fast and problem free.

Yes, I am seeing this happening on my end as well. I am not sure if continuing the “Me too” or “+1” comments will make it any better.

Endless update problem also exists on my pc (Win7 x64 if this is important).

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate X64, so we are on the same boat. It’s an update thing, might not blending with the system.

I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium and am also suffering from the “endless update” syndrom.

???

I have latest version

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aah good, I am not alone.

16.0.912.59 installed, Win 7 x32 - A new version of Comodo Dragon is available, and it wants to update me to 16.0.2 = Bizarre.

Maybe its just the version number causing recurring update notifications?

The downloaded update installer only offers Repair as an update option too.

Hello friends same problem here endless update,windows 7 64 ultimate

The endless update issue is unfortunate :(.
For information an uninstall/reinstall doesn’t stop the nausea either.

i keep[ getting this update for comodo dragon and evertime i install it and then relauch the browser it keeps asking me to redownload the same update i just download for comodo dragon witch is based off of google chrome 16.0.912.63

Besides the other issues with this version,My flash plugin is being blocked because it’s outdated,and I can’t get it updated.Anyone else with this? Also,and this is unrelated to the current batch of problems,Every time I update CD, I get a message that says,“unable to open profile” This does not seem to cause problems,but is annoying.

I got the exact same message on my Java. I simply downloaded the application and installed it to solve the problem. Unlike your problem, Java didn’t impede me from proceeding further on my tasks, sorry about your situation.

I have just updated to v16.1 and the update loop seems fixed :smiley:

I suggest people try updating now and see if it is fixed for them too :slight_smile:

Geez! Why doesn’t the forums let me post?!

Once again, I’ll get right on it. Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

Thanks AimeeLW,
All working as it should here as well.