Comodo Dragon ver 16.0 is now available for download

aah, understood.

WebGL (Disable WebGL), I agree it does sound confusing when you actually need to enable the disable function. Enable toggle function, enables the disabled function, which can be confirmed at [b]dragon://gpu-internals/[/b] Hope that helps.
Yep it did thank you, but now the revellation of that info page has given rise to more questions ;D

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled.
HTML Rendering: Hardware accelerated
3D CSS: Hardware accelerated
WebGL: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration disabled.
WebGL multisampling: Hardware accelerated

Are the ones which remain Hardware accelerated above (I cant find anything which refers to disabling these) also potentially exploitable?
I have only heard about WebGL being a possible problem, so probably nothing to be concerned about.

Hi Ronny,

Yes, that worked. google.nl is now the standard search engine (again)

thanks,
evert

Mooi mooi :-TU

I have a problem with Offline Google Mail, I run it using a desktop shortcut, but this Dragon version crashes as soon as the window opens. Version 15 worked fine.

http://www.html5test.com/ fails… WinXP Pro SP3

Hi w33d3r,
This is only a guess, I would say they are OK.
These questions are out of my depth, so I hope others reply with some information for you.

And one more thing, I now get a Facebook related SSL warning on almost every website I visit.

edit: Watching a SP episode on southparkstudios.com the SSL warning kicks in every 20 seconds, this is really annoying…

I’m getting them frequently too…

There is only one solution right now that to open Options, Under the hood, HTTPS/SSL, and to disable ‘warn me if websites use low validation SSL certificate’.

:slight_smile: Understood, I think such problems would be addressed pretty fast if they are cause for concern anyway.

I thought having flash, a proprietary plugin, not sandboxed along with the processes was a bad move from google. I mean the best feature about any chromium variety is the sandboxing. I do know that even the devs argued against the decisions regarding flash, but the advertising monsters laid the law there I believe.

Then googles bright ideas club decide to implement hardware level access in the name of speed which it doesn’t really need … same old same old, somebody with a vision of ‘exciting and vibrant opportunities’ 88)

Anyway enough of the jaded perspective;

Back to an open source variety we love - Dragon is performing very very nicely.

My only critique would be reference the Options / Under the Hood / Clear History and Cookies on exit.

According to CCleaner, its not quite as thorough as we would like. CCleaner will always find leftovers after every browser session, no matter how brief.

I installed the latest version of Dragon this morning. Since installing the SSL cert. warning page comes up for a website I trust but clicking on Proceed anyway doesn’t work. Can I go back to an earlier version? Computer is WIN7

Hi rtwatches,
It appears to be a minor bug in which I have posted a bug report for, in the mean time a temporary fix is as Ronny suggested here.
Thanks.

i too am unable to open a lot of sites

Thanks Captainstick, that worked.

Hi rtwatches,
Glad that worked and it is intended to be fixed next version seen here.
Thanks.

I hope they will release a quick-fix release today, this is highly annoying dis-usability :‘( :’(

I too have observed this bug but in my case if the back button is clicked the site you intended to go is there.

Thanx
Naren

Really like the new browser! :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU
Got the cute kitten theme from Chrome too. :wink:
I also unchecked the box “warn me if a site uses a low SSL certificate”. Nice to know how quickly that’s being worked on by the developers of Comodo Dragon. :slight_smile:
All the sites I normally visit work beautifully with CD. ;D
And it’s fast! :smiley:

Have been using CD for a long time now. Can you clarify the differences between chromium (open source) and CD? I am seeing all the differences listed are against only google chrome. What are the changes you made to chromium code - no need to know all the technical details only differences which could be understand by a common user would be fine.

After installing, I am also getting the Certificate Warning (It may not be safe to exchange information with this site). If I click on Proceed Anyway, it doesn’t. It was not a problem in earlier versions of Dragon. If I received the warning and clicked Proceed Anyway, it took me to the website.

I am not going to click on the Don’t show warning box which might be the fastest solution.

It’s happening frequently on Facebook for me, but also on other pages as well.