Comodo Dragon ver 14.0 is now available for download

Please, please, please DO NOT ever introduce this feature! It’s a security vulnerability I don’t ever want in Dragon! Not sure why anyone with any need for security would propose such a thing.

It is sandboxed like any other tab. :wink:

I can not enter on Интернет-магазин Chrome

Unless they’ve done some tricks that Chromium hasn’t yet accomplished, most plugins are not sandboxed.

Yeah, if there’s a way to hack something through a plug-in it can and will be done. I don’t mind just having Dragon download it and opening it from there.

On a side note, love the revamped UI of Dragon 14! Excellent job on the devs for this!

Just like we do with web pages viewed in Chrome, we’ve built in an additional layer of security called the “sandbox” around the Chrome PDF viewer to help protect you from malware and security attacks that are targeted at PDF files.
http://chrome.blogspot.com/2010/11/pdf-goodness-in-chrome.html

Flash Player is also sandboxed in Chrome (on Windows).

Looks like I was right after all…huh?
JoWa, thanks for the support…

does FF have sandboxing for PDF or Flash?

AFAIK it doesn’t have any kind of sandbox.

there used to be a way to force plugin to run sandboxed also, using command line switch (in fact i found out how from this forum), but i read on the recent chrome releases, the switch was removed…

is there a chance it can be included again in CD, or is it already has ? :slight_smile:

sandboxing is a very important technology for security.

especially for browsers.

I can confirm that here on 7 32bit

I see it too on Windows 7 HP 64bit.

Also after using it for a while I agree that the inactive tab color should be changed to make it more readable.

The release times of Dragon concerned me at first (compaired to Chrome) but I guess this was down to the developers becoming familiar with the Chromium code. Then beta/stable builds started coming along alot quicker and now it seems that beta’s are being skipped in favour of stable builds :-TU.

:slight_smile:

Personally, I don’t mind this feature as the favourite icons are clearly visible. Plus, you can always hover your mouse over the tab for a “torch like” effect.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, the new GUI is very nice. 8)

If I put a theme, the icon moves a bit upward. Minor glitch but just pointing out. Other than that, it’s a bit of a pain finding a theme that keeps the layout. So far it’s:
Win7 Seven Aero
Wave Aero Theme
Aero colored default theme
Silver default theme (Aero enabled)

Yes, I was searching for an Aero-based one, might look okay, or not, with your non-aero, people.

[attachment deleted by admin]

+1

i know the chrome pdf viewer isn’t in comodo dragon by default but i know you can install google chrome or the portable version of chrome and drag the pdf plugin file in chromes programs folder to dragons programs folder and then you have the chrome pdf plugin and it works but does dragon sandbox it automatically even though it’s not actually a part of dragon or no

I was doing that with ChromePlus!, copying their Chrome pdf plugin to Dragon. The only problem is that Dragon will crash on me when I get the latest version, I have to remove it, and not sure if I have to re-apply it (I just applied the latest pdf plugin from CP 10 on Dragon 10, I would have try CP 9’s version on Dragon 10, etc back them.).