Comodo Dragon 36.1 is now available for download.

On the flip side of the theme theme … You actually fixed a bug report dated March 2013 https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cd/theme-bug-themes-close-minimize-maximize-buttons-t93376.0.html

Yey

^This so much.

I love the new icon, but everything else about the new GUI (aside from the more visible scroll bar) is just… awful. No more epic icon on the top left, which made it very intuitive to use, and made the browser appeal so much better. Now we have just some 3 lines on the right side that are… well, I could use a lot of words here, but I’ll do with just boring. The whole colour appeal of the browser just disappeared. And those minimize, maximize and close buttons… I don’t think it gets more out of place than that.

That old style file did indeed brought back quite a lot of the epic look, but it’s still not there yet. I’m kind of surprised you changed the GUI, when it was the only thing I would never change about it. Still loving the new icon though :smiley:

Make the true Dragon come back.

Hi Shane,
It would be worth the wait IMO, it is what made Dragon unique and special.

Thanks.

So does anyone have any answers to important questions, or are we going to sidestep them with themes for the rest of the topic.

1. Why did this version 36.1.1.19 of Comodo Dragon install automatically, without asking me if I wanted to “Update Now” while I was browsing with 33.1 earlier today ?, I am still fuming about this. But keeping my temper ( although I must apologise for letting some sarcasm slip, a bit uncontrolled of me ). I have never allowed Dragon to auto update without my say so before, and this version just did so without warning.

2. Why did this version also install Privdog when I have previously uninstalled it, without asking if I wanted the software. ?

3. Why is the installer as linked in the first post, still downloading 33.1 ?

Question 3 has been asked by a few people now with no response.

I liked the old design much better. Sorry to see the browser almost dead.

What had Comodo Dragon unique? Style & privacy. Now, you can get privacy anywhere, there are a dozen of Chrome clones out there. But Dragon style was one of a kind. I understand it required more work to update, but hey! you are a big company, aren’t you? It’s not just another Joe coding in the backyard. Then, you released 2 more browsers: Comodo IceDragon and Chromium Secure. And now it’s a mess. No browser is properly updated.

Why not just keep one browser, with it’s unique style? The thing that brought you so many users, actually. Users that you are, apparently, prepared to say goodbye.

I am sorry to see another beautiful browser almost buried. I still hope, but if nothing changes, I will shift to Torch, CoolNovo or some other ting. At least, they offer extra-options like accelerated download, properly video/audio download etc. But I would have preferred Dragon over them. Or if I just want a privacy-enhanced Chrome, I would use Iron.

I love it! New color, things seem to function better and I have no issues with YT, Vimeo, etc.
Even the google mail works better now.

Thanks guys!

It is good to see the older style scrollbars with the arrows have returned, without the need for an extension. :-TU

Cmon guys, give the team a break, first, everyone was complaining (myself included) for the lack of updates, now it’s the interface?

I personally like the chromium-ish look, as it doesn’t impact very much my browser habits, I miss the dragon icon for sure, maybe you guys can keep the new theme and replace the menu icon with the dragon one?

On the other hand, I’m seeing an increase resources consumption on CD, it’s because the new core?
I’m using SlimJet momentarily as my main browser and it’s very fast and low on resource use, even more than CD, considering it’s on Chromium 38.0.2125.104.

Can’t wait for newer/faster updates on CD! :slight_smile:

The “Paste” and Paste and search" or “Past and go” options are grayed-out when I right-click in the location box to try to navigate to a site whose link address I’ve copied. This error did not occur when I used the previous version of Comodo Dragon, and it does not occur when I use Google Chrome.

Seen that happened b4 on chromium based browsers that have TamperMonkey installed.

Anyone have a link to the new browser?
That link downloads version 33.1 - I’m looking for the full installer of the new version?

And I agree with everyone else the new look is horrible :frowning: Drop the mobile menu, give us the old menu back.
And PLEASE START ADDING version number to your downloads DragonSetupv33.1.exe :slight_smile: So we don’t waste time downloading,
then checking file version :slight_smile:

I’m adding the old Dragon Theme found it shared in another post.

:slight_smile: I keep all the versions on my site. Nothing special, no ads, no tracking just downloads with VERSION NUMBERS!

Scroll down I have all the versions except 33 & 33.1 because of the flash bugs :frowning:

Never mind got the full installer out of the temp install folder. :slight_smile:
Added it to my site plus the Old Theme I found in this forum.

Running some tests on it now to see how fast & HTML5 scores.

I don’t like the new theme too, the old one is much better. Now just to move the option button back to the left and it will be good :wink:

Wow :embarassed:
Looks just like Google Chrome which I HATE! 300+ point drop in speed, only 9 point raise in HTML5 score.
Speed test 3640 Peacekeeper - Benchmarks by UL Solutions
HTML5 509 out of 555, compatibility 6 out of 7

Old Version 31.1 looks unique NOT LIKE GOOGLE CHROME!
HTML5 500 out of 555, compatibility 6 out of 7.
Speed Test 3912 Peacekeeper - Benchmarks by UL Solutions

What happened :frowning: Version 29.1 speed test 4488 every version just keeps getting slower :frowning:

Remember you can’t roll back to a good version :frowning: You must uninstall - reinstall & set it up all over again.
(Or delete current user and setup everything again) I back-up everything up so no big deal for me. Going back to version 31.1,
I’m hoping you guys will drop the google chrome look, get on the right track it’s a great browser.

/off-topic

Beast for your website - Have you tried WhiteHatSec Aviator
( Expand the “Learn More” at the bottom of the page to find out the details of the teams objectives / FAQ etc )

[spoiler]
Its another very nice Privacy & Security tailored Chrome Browser, does things a bit differently than Dragon, and does not have Comodo Secure DNS ( so just use one you choose or put Comodo Secure DNS IPs in your IPV4 settings for primary and secondary resolvers Free Comodo Secure DNS | Best DNS Security Solution 2022 ), it doesnt have Clear on Exit ( it doesnt need to as it always runs in Incognito mode ), and there are a few things it can do in Incognito mode that other chrome based browsers cant - A few of those were my personal suggestions ( yes, they listen to peoples emails, with personal replies, where anything you point out is a valid Privacy concern ).

By default it comes with Disconnect, and also Chrome UA Spoofer ( a User Agent spoof so that you look like for instance you are using Google chrome, instead of Aviator / Dragon / Iron etc which all make you stand out from the crowd as a website visitor, so you are more like the rest of the world, and just one more zebra in the herd among millions = less unique=less targettable ( Anyone curious about this subject go test yourselves on Panopticlick, when you get the results page look at the paragraph above the table which gives a summary of how unique your browser is, then when you change your UA with the spoof plugin, test again, you will find you are unique among many millions more if using Google Chrome User Agent ) )

Also by default it drops the referrer for every site ( you dont have to set this in advanced settings ) - What you do have to set is websites which you want to add as exceptions :

So that is useful for occasions like when you wish to access your routers setup pages which needs your browser to let it use referrer headers.
Referrers are only same domain, and cross domain is not allowed by Aviator.
And intranet connections are prevented :

By default, Aviator blocks Intranet IP-addresses (RFC1918). When you visit a website, it can instruct your browser to make potentially dangerous connections to internal IP addresses on your network—IP addresses that could not otherwise be connected to from the outside (NAT). That vulnerability might lead to simple reconnaissance on your Intranet internal networks, or it could result in permanent compromises by enabling a criminal to overwrite your router firmware.

Current version is 37.0.2062.99 (2.5) - ( Chrome version ( Brackets is the Aviator version ) )
[/spoiler]

//off-topic

Back on topic … ( wish spoilers worked on this site )

Anyone at all ?

Finally the flash working perfectly now, but what a heck is this design? This is same as chrome, what I hate it. I want back the left side Dragon icon and the menus, the dragon tab design, so I want back my old dragon design!

I want too. :slight_smile:

I agree. I was a bit upset too, about the long update wait. But cmon people, everytime an update comes, people start to complain and compain…

As the dev’s has said, they had no people who could support the browser until now, and voila, a new update!

Updates should be faster, yes! But the most important things according to me should be privacy and security. Other stuff like gui and so on is not that important.

Keep up the good work dev’s!

Nobody complained about GUI design and if they wanted to change it they should ask the users first.
Was it difficult to make few themes and let users vote?