COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA Released

AFAIK all files will be saved and in case of a virus attack, you can go back to the time it wasn’t there. So all files you create now, will be there tomorrow also, unless you want to go back :wink:

Xan

looking forward to the release date(s) I was really excited when the diskshield BETA came out :frowning:

Errr…

any developer here ? 88) ;D

I’m pretty sure you can limit/unlimit the amount of backups you can create ;). That’s all I know/think I know…

Xan

Dunno if it works like this but it would be cool if it could start at a baseline,then kick in/scan for any changes made in your allocated time frame.Any changes would then be saved as after baseline(baseline+1),then at the next scheduled check it would look from baseline1 and any changes would be saved as baseline+2…and so on and so forth…

So it only saves any changes made,not everything…do now what i mean?
The disk will only have a small extra amount of data on it but will have i suppose like “lines in the sand” which you can travel back to removing anything done after that line.

This is hypotheticol so i may be miles out…like i said dunno 88)

Matt

Hopefully there will be options what you can revert. I have no idea what CTM will feature but here’s what I think/hope:

Your PC system is like a little world of people, where each person is a file. With CTM then you’ll be able to turn back time for some of these people (like infected/corrupted files) but not all of them (like your mom’s reports). Just at thought!

From a security perspective that might represent an issue with determining when or if a file has been totally deleted. ???

Okay, I don’t beta test, but I have a question or two about Disk Shield. I’m download, play with and uninstall a lot of stuff, to the point that I usually format my HD yearly, sometimes more often.

Question, If I download, let’s say a word processor with a 5 day trial and it needs a reboot, If I understand right, DS can save it in the partition or area where it won’t vanish. Can the files created also be saved there, in a sort of virtual area?

Now, when the trial is up, can JUST the word processor be removed and the files saved, or should they be moved to a CD or a separate folder? I’m guessing that the entire cache or partition would need to be dumped.

You would need to install the Word Processor on the System Partition (C:) and the Files on another (D:). When the Trail Period is up, you would have to revert the System Partition back to the Time before you installed the Word Processor (COMODO DiskShield can do that). But be aware, EVERYTHING on your System Partition (C:) will be reverted back too; like the Windows System Restore feature.

But now your thinking, :-La “What if I used a USB Drive, or created a Third Partition (E:), protected it with COMODO DiskShield, and installed the Word Processor on that. Then just revert the E:\ Partition back when the Trail Period is up? Would that work?”.

The answer is: Most probably not.

Because, although you are reverting the Contents of the E:\ Partition back, the Registry entries will still remain in the System Registry: Which is always stored on your System Partition (C:).

My advise would be, what ever Program you have fell in love with, I am almost certain that there is an awesome Free alternative out there.

As my Mum used to say, “There’s plenty more fish in the sea”. :wink: