COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA Released

Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the availability of COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA.

What’s New?

NEW! Session Saving: CDS now allows administrators to save the sessions
NEW! Virtual Drives: You can define a virtual drive in which all the data will persist after a reboot
IMPROVED! Raw disk access handling
FIXED! Many bugs reported with the previous BETA have been fixed

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for a special group of users, called BETA testers and may contain major bugs. Please do not use it in production systems.

Download Locations:

32-Bit Setup

Url:
http://download.comodo.com/cds/download/setups/beta/DiskShield_Setup_1.0.51539.35_XP_VISTA_x32_BETA.msi
Size: 2.07 MB (2,178,048 bytes)
MD5: 7b5fd7e30ecba64e36863d412694e800
SHA1: 57a96d4f89f0532adfeb87e6b50474b5ebfd9901

64-Bit Setup

Url:
http://download.comodo.com/cds/download/setups/beta/DiskShield_Setup_1.0.51539.35_XP_VISTA_x64_BETA.msi
Size: 2.49 MB (2,613,760 bytes)
MD5: bcef3997cb0f7c9259f82ee5f4376e9e
SHA1: d32aae08f03857969a998268df7ae93dc226af87

Regards,
Egemen

Great job team!!

Testing now, so far no problems.

Great job Comodo team.

This sounds like a great release. Maybe I can do my idea of doing a fresh install, installing DS and other security, and then install all applications on top of DS. A complete virtual system That would be cool.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. :slight_smile:

Good work guys! Just tested it on an old machine, and although it was a little slow (probably due to the age of the machine and low memory) it worked and worked well! System changes kept until I said otherwise. Brilliant!

Due to the lack of a manual, can somebody explain what the difference is between session saving and virtual drives?

Shield any drive , session starts and do some changes like copying or moving etc then if u r going to restart the system

Save session —keeps the changes

Dont keep session --It will not save the changes (shield -Unshield is a one session)

Virtual drive is just a ready made drive it will take the space from the local disk as an image file u can mount that whenever u r in need of that :wink:

Well 3DNow is it possible for you to kill this new version i don’t think so!!! :-TD

Amazing program guys yet again… Nice work! :-TU been following the BETA’s since release and I am very impressed.

Great Job DiskShield Team! :-TU I can’t wait till this is integrated into CIS, It will be a very powerful solution.

Josh

:o the session saving really works. That’s a really great feature!

Pls add these. :slight_smile:

Josh

But it has it already!

NEW! Virtual Drives: You can define a virtual drive in which all the data will persist after a reboot

Melih

It’s the background that changes.

You can turn it of in Tools, Settings.

Josh

Thanks again Melih.

Josh

Hello just wondering exactly what I could use “Virtual drive” for?

Would I install web browsers or risky apps to this drive?

Does it communicate to the main drive?

I have the same question too…

Lets say you want to use CDS permanently and you use the PC/Laptop for your stuff and create docs, have music etc. You want a drive that does not get resetted at every startup! So by having this virtual drive and using it as lets say “my documents” folder, then you can do whatever you like to your system and let your system recover using CDS at the next start up without loosing your docs etc that are stored in this virtual drive!. (its don’t reset this drive kind of drive! its a persistent drive that keeps the data and doesn’t get reset).

Melih

Just tried it and I think it is GREAT!!! I like the Virtual Drive and Session. Still downloading CIS…

Congratulations on the new release!!  A question to the regular users of CDS.  Aside from allowing you to make virtual drives, do you have the option of protecting a specific drive for a multi partition/physical drive system?  For example, my system has two drives, the system drive and the data drive and only want to protect the system drive/partition.  So basically by only protecting the system partition, I can save all downloads to the data drive without making a virtual drive.  Is this possible with the current build of CDS?  Thanks!!!

Rhaegar

Why to bother with virtual drive in this scenario which is dependent on 3rd party software looking from OS point of view. It is much more simple to use your second hard drive or second partition. Computers with one hard drive which has just one partition are very rare in these days.

I think most people would like to have an option to exclude some folders and/or files from shielded partition without a need to move or reinstall software to a second partition whether it is virtual or real one. Exluding folders and files from shielded partition should be transparent for a user and system. Returnil 2.0 beta has similar function. I wonder why it isn’t included in CDS nor even considered to be added.