COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA Bug Reports

Please post bug reports for COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA here. If a bug from a previous version still occur, just post a link to it.

Please include the following (if possible):

1. Operating System (and service pack version)
  2. CPU (32-bit or 64-bit)
  3. Real-time security applications
  4. Description about the bug (how it occurs, is it possible to recreate etc.)
  5. If you have encountered a BSoD, please attach the minidump-file together with your bug report

Thanks, Al

My system specs are:
P4 HT 3 GHz and over 1gb ram available and XP sp3 32bit, HW DEP Optout. HD SATA controller using AHCI driver
Other apps: Comodo Safesurf, Unlocker assistant, Speedfan, Daemon tools, CIS 3.5 beta2, COMODO Vulnerability Analyzer 1.1.3.29, Logitech Setpoint 4.60.122

Comodo DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 causes a BSOD before XP welcome screen. No minudump was generated but I wrote down the infos:

STOP 0x00000050 (0x8B000000,0x00000000,0x8053A583,0x00000000)

Running cdsdsbl.exe from safemode suppressed the BSOD but the computer was unable to work properly soon after logon since only the wallpaper got displyed until I disabled CDS service from safe mode.

After this simply uninstalling didn’t work. I had to run the installer to repair the CDS and then use the remove function before rebooting.

I rebooted after un-installing some software with the shield on and now my mouse and keyboard are refusing to work! I even tried plugging in a new USB mouse which is detected but again it won’t work! System is an old P3 with XP SP2. No other details as I can’t use the PC now!

Random BSODs after installing SmartDefrag 1.0 from IOBIT. Install and reboot worked fine, but after rebooting a 2nd time, I get random BSODs. Four BSODs in a row and then nothing. Did some work, rebooted again and got a new BSOD. This all happens when CDS is shielding the drive and save session set as default. The BSOD´s occur a short bit after the desktop appears and the screen has been populated.

STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8056E4EA, 0xF3EFA884, 0x00000000)

No dump created.

Update:

After unshielding and completing the reboot, Windows decided that it had just recovered from a serious error. I also found a minidump which might be related.

Al

ThinkPad T41
XP SP2 (NTFS) 32-bit
No Security Software

[attachment deleted by admin]

Possible bug,

Intel p3 600, 768mb ram
XPpro sp3 full patched
CIS b2
CDS(current)
Irsn TaskInfo

Got warning from TaskInfo “To many win x32 handles”, threshold is 20,000. , it was over 20,700.( yes, after many hours ) and climbing.
Traced to " cds.exe" , appears to read, write, create new handle every second.( yes, can recreate )

Not sure if it’s CDS or TaskInfo, just a heads-up for the dev’s.

• Windows XP SP3

• Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware & SUPERAntispyware on-demand

• COMODO Internet Security 3.5 BETA.

• Issue: Performance slow down issues. Application Windows can freeze, hang, etc. Can’t produce any other information as this was only observatory. Memory Usage is never an issue though, It’s very light using 5MB all up.

Josh

I had a similar issue which TerryWood reported:

I tried to shield RAMDISK just to see if CDS is capable to do that, and it’s not. Also I tried to make a virtual drive on RAMDISK, this action ended with a failure as well. In both trials CDS reported an error message (screenshots attached), although the proper files with correct size were made on selected partition.

I don’t know whether it is a bug or a limitation, but if it’s a limitation then RAMDISKs and external hard drives shouldn’t be shown in CDS GUI at all.

Tests were made on virtualization software: VirtualBox with Windows XP SP3 installed and Ramdisk Plus 9 trial version.

Some explanation to the screenshots. “Wystąpił błąd wewnętrzny” is equal to “Internal error occured”.

*Windows XP SP3.
*COMODO Internet Security 3.5 BETA2.

CDS caused BSOD when installing .Net Framework 3.5 SP1. At first, no mini dump was made, but after unshielding & rebooting Windows Recovered some Windows Registry Keys. Attached minidump.

Josh

Hello,

Windows xp Sp3
CDS CMF CIS (All latest Versions)

Randomly, Even when CDS is not shielding is will consome an aweful lot of ram. I have 1.256 gb of ram - and when CDS is active (Random) the availible ram in Task manager will drop to 7-9mb of free ram. Commit charge will jump to 1300-1600/3052m. Cpu Usage is still normal though.

EDIT:: 2 re-installs fixed this issue

Windows xp Sp3 32bit
CDS CMF CIS (All latest Versions)

See attached picture; When adding a new virtual drive the option is “Open” not “Save as…”

I’ve noticed something really nasty.
When installing CDS in another folder than the default one namely the folder D:\Program Files\Comodo\Diskshield, something really nasty happens. After a restart the complete D-drive is unavailable according to Windows. Disabling the service in the service manager makes the D-drive again available.

I’ve the impression that it has to do with the setting “Block advanced disk access requests”. When I try to disable this the program shows a message about not being able to find a document (I don’t remember it exactly), so apparently one runs into trouble when the program is installed in a non standard folder.

I observed this one Windows XP SP3 with the current version of CDS and additionally CIS, CMF, CVA as security programs on the computer.

It’s been a while since I tried anything Comodo but this DiskShield, at least so far, seems to work excellent. I’m highly impressed. Light footprint, too. Didn’t seem to like Sandboxie though (slowed down Firefox to a crawl)…so I uninstalled Sandboxie to give DiskShield a fair hearing. Again, so far, works great. Running XP Pro SP3 with SRP (Software Restriction Policy). Great work.

System Specs: XP SP3, CFP 3.0.25.378.

Got another BSOD when I was extracting a file. There are still also peformance issues. Like CFP 3 & Startup takes forever to initialize and properly load up.

Attatched Minidump. Seem to be having some badluck. :frowning: Will wait till next Beta/RC…

Josh

Start up slow down noticed , does not occur in softwares likes shadow user .

My BSOD showed:

STOP: 0x00000050
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and a lot of jibberish, hope I can help with this.

WinXP Home SP3

The save data dialog window on shutdown has a typo in the Title it say’s Disk Shild or something similar.

1. Windows XP, SP2 no patches
  2. x32
  3. Winpatrol
  4. N/A
  5. N/A

Not able to shoot a screenshot because of the shutdown sequence.

1.Windows XP sp3 with latest updates
2.x32
3.CIS RC2

Driver won`t start,gives error1067

I got a BSOD (screenshot attached).

1. Vista Home Premium, SP1
  2. X32
  3. CIS
  4. Every time I tried to start up my VM, it had a BSOD.
  5. Where should I get a mini-dump file?

Don’t support TrueCrypt encrypted System

1. Windows XP SP3
  2. Amd & Intel CPU
  3. ZoneAlarm, Avira antivirus
  4. After I installed DiskShield_Setup_1.0.51539.35_XP_VISTA_x32_BETA.msi witnin TrueCrypt encrypted System, the second partition’s (driver letter is D) drive letter lost, and I had to uninstall DiskShield and assign a driver letter for it to recover it.

TrueCrypt can download at truecrypt.org

And at the same time, DiskShield do not support TrueCrypt encrypted System, after install and restard the computer, the services of DiskShield is not able to start(the staus of this service is auto), and there no drive shows in the DiskShield’s main window.

And would add the multilanguage support?

installed cds and rebooted,after booting into windows i shielded drive c when i rebooted i got bsod and cant boot into windows.restored image from macrium reflect.i hope this gets fixed because this could be a very good program.ill use steady state until.

windows vista home premium
32 bit
1 gb memory
1.6 ghz
comodo internet security
avira(on demand )scheduler runs auto to update