COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA Bug Reports

Many Many problems. i have uninstalled the software for good , please provide stable version otherwise it will be discarded

1)Asking password in safe mode when no password is set to disable the shield when normal mode containing shield does not boot .

2)BSOD on boot , some browsers have stopped working after compete uninstall

Sorry you’re having troubles, but please consider this:

Thanks

LA

SUMMARY: Under certain circumstances, DiskShield allows modifications to protected drive when “I do NOT want to keep my work for this session” is selected at the shutdown/restart dialog.

Configuration:
P4 1.6GHz, 768MB RAM, 80GB HDD (2 partitions, primary master) + 10GB HDD (1 partition, primary slave)
Windows XP 32-Bit SP3, with Windows Updates to today’s date and additional applications from Windows Update site
Baseline installation, no additional applications/security software
“Administrator” login with password

DiskShield configuration:
Version 1.0.51539.35 (BETA) Installed
No virtual drives created
Drive C: (Partition 1, 80GB HDD) shielded
Drive D: (Partition 1, 10GB HDD) unshielded
Drive Q: (Partition 2, 80GB HDD) unshielded
Enable password protection: DISABLED
Automatically start application with Windows: ENABLED
Show the tray icon in the windows systray: ENABLED
Show splash screen while applicaiton starts: DISABLED
Change desktop wallpaper when a drive is shielded: DISABLED
Automatically mount the virtual drives: DISABLED
Block advanced disk access requests: ENABLED
Prompt for saving a session before Windows shutdown: ENABLED

TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:

• Open DiskShield GUI (through System Tray icon or by clicking Desktop icon)
  • From the DiskShield GUI, select Tools > Session > Keep Session
    [li]NOTE: You may shut down the GUI at this point, or leave it open[/li]
  • Rename the COMODO DiskShield - BETA shortcut to something else (recommend leaving it as a .lnk file, though, so you can still use it!)
  • Shut down or restart the system
    [li]When the COMODO DiskShiled BETA shutdown dialog box appears, verify that “I want to save my work for this session” is selected, then click OK to shut down or restart[/li]
  • On restart/login, verify that the name change to the shortcut took effect (expected behavior)
  • From the DiskShield GUI, verify that Tools > Session > Keep Session is still the selected option
  • Change the shortcut name BACK to COMODO DiskShield - BETA
    [li]When the COMODO DiskShiled BETA shutdown dialog box appears, manually select “I do NOT want to save my work for this session”, then click OK to shut down or restart[/li]
  • On restart/login, note that the shortcut’s name has, in fact, changed…even though the “I do NOT want to save my work for this session” option was selected (NOT EXPECTED BEHAVIOR)
  • From the DiskShield GUI, verify that Tools > Session > Don’t Keep Session is now the selected option
  • Change the shortcut name again to something else
    [li]When the COMODO DiskShiled BETA shutdown dialog box appears, verify the option “I do NOT want to save my work for this session” is already selected, then click OK to shut down or restart[/li]
  • On restart/login, note that the shortcut’s name has NOT been changed, and is still COMODO DiskShield - BETA (expected behavior)
  • Post bug report Oh, wait…I just took care of this step, didn’t I? ;D

Other than this little gem, so far I have had no issues with the program. I will post some wish-list things later, though.

Cheers!

Troy

Hello guyz
this is my first post so I hope I do it by right
after I installed comodo shield and restart my pc I tried to shield my drive but I can’t
the option is disabled and the status indicates this

"diskshield is not prepared for this drive"

I got this for all drives I have

my spec’s PC is : Winxp 32Bit Sp2, HDD NTFS

If I missed anything or you need more details let me know

Thanks In Advance

Hello, How many harddrives do you have? If I remember correctly you must have DS installed on the drive you want to shield.

I’ve 5 drives
I reinstalled it 4-5 times, just one time the option enabled but when I press “shield” I got BSOD (:AGY)
after that time
still option “shield” disabled

5 Drives? :o I just have 2 ;D

From what Kyle said, I think you can only shield the drive that Windows is running on.

You can only shield a disk that comodo disk shield is installed on I think.

I Shield 3 250 GB HD’s And 4 500 GB Drives
Of Course, They Are All Partion’d But Yet It Works ?

CG

guys thanks for helping
but it refused even to shield the drive windows installed on
hope I have other option or some hidden ways to get the shield

DiskShield builds its cache file on disk and therefore must have sufficient room to create the cache file.

How much free space is available on the drive that DiskShield is installed on (regardless of what disk you are trying to shield)?

Are your drives configured as dynamic disks?

Ewen :slight_smile:

thanks panic for your explaining I’ve at least 2 GB free of 10GB (one of my drives)
as to second question, I didn’t get you sorry, what you mean by saying this (configured as dynamic disks)

Windows Xp SP3
Intel Duo 1.9 Ghz
CIS Beta 3.8…

Startup slowdown. It takes me usually 4-6 to boot up. With CDS it takes me 14-17 min to boot up. Lags too long for me compared to other deep freeze software ive seen.

This is not just a bug report. Diskshield has ■■■■■■■ up my Vista installation beyond my ability to repair it. I’m very unhappy. If I have to reinstall Vista, it’ll take me a week to get things back to the way they are now.

1. Vista x64 SP1
  2. 64-bit
  3. Windows Defender, Avast Antivirus

I installed it and suddenly I had no write access to any of my drives. The configuration utility says it’s not working correctly and that protection is disabled for each of my three drives. As soon as I installed it, I got a Windows error saying that Windows Defender could not access its history or something. When I reboot Windows, I get an error saying that Windows Defender could not start because it could not write to some file. I suppose this is the reason I can’t connect to the internet either. No other program can write to file either. I tried exiting Diskshield. I tried unchecking start with Windows. Neither helped. I tried uninstalling DiskShield, and of course, that doesn’t work because it can’t write to the drive in order to uninstall itself. I tried stopping the service. That didn’t help. I tried doing System Restore to a point prior to installing Comodo Diskshield. That didn’t work. So now I’m stuck. Please help me. I know this is beta, but I didn’t expect that to imply it might ruin my Windows installation. I think you’re obligated to give me some technical support here. Thanks.

Have you tried booting into “Safe Mode” and getting rid. Also in the RUN box type in sevices.msc and look for anything related to Diskshield and set to Disabled.

well, it’s no longer installed since i did a system restore, but the problem still persists. and the ‘comodo diskshield’ is no longer a service listed in services.msc.

I tried reinstalling diskshield, then booting in safemood and uninstalling. but i couldn’t uninstall it; a message popped up saying the windows installer could not be accessed. then i rebooted again and ‘programs and features’ is no longer an option in Settings. btw, i was wrong about categorically not being able to write to the drives. i did a simple echo > blah.txt and it worked. but my windows is still broken nonetheless.

try fixing the important files, you might need your windows cd. start → run → cmd → type “sfc /scannow” just like it is without the quotes. It will try to repair the windows files.

I found out I can connect to the internet. I just had to click and scan networks and re-save the connection for some reason. I thought the problem was windows defender, but it’s not. as far i know right now, windows defender is the only thing that’s broken. so i’m not so angry now:p

‘programs and features’ is still missing, though, meaning I can’t uninstall anything. and i tried downloading and reinstalling Windows Installer, but it says ‘not enough storage is available to process this command’, even though i have 12 Gb free.

i did run sfc /scannow