COMODO DiskShield 1.0.0.7 BETA Released!

i from China.my english is very poor.i like this tool ,but a Virus through the reduction system,test in VMware

edit: Robot dog.rar (Trojan) removed by Mod.

Note: attachment was deleted Please do not post live viruses to to forum

If you want a copy of this Virus attachment, Please PM Me “Opus Dei” And I might Pm It to you

edit: robot dog2.rar (Trojan) removed by Mod.

Egemen, Sounds Excellent! So this will be CFP3+Sandbox released first as a beta, I assume!? :slight_smile:

Josh

Hi, this beta can not prevent the RobotDog. I have tried it too.

as I know, there are only Returnil and Powershadow can deal with the low level disk access.

I have more than 80 computers with Returnil/Powershadow installed, they protect my business well So far.

So this is the Insurance\Cure ? :slight_smile: nice work, Yet again!

Yep.

very good question as to where this goes…

Its a cure… its not for everyone but its a good product that cures at every restart! :slight_smile:

Melih

HI!

I read somewhere that cfp in the future will be incorporated with some virtualization features, is this correct??

And how would that look like?

Have a nice day!

(V) :THNK

Yep.

Expect COMODO Sandbox soon.

Josh

I Understand from your words that COMODO Sandbox is the cfp version with virtualization technology??

If this is true, it sounds to cool to be true!

Have a nice day!

(V) :THNK

Yep!!!

Released very soon :slight_smile:

Josh

• COMODO Sandbox is Comodo Firewall with virtualization technology?

• Is COMODO Sandbox a stand alone application also ? - at least like said to DiskShield: stand alone and with Comodo Firewall.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks.

I second the clarification, but I think they are preparing a nice write up about it for the release, so we might not hear much until then. :stuck_out_tongue: I take it soon is one of the main release days of Tuesday or Thursday? If so, I can wait that long to hear the explanation. :smiley: I must admit, you have me intrigued as to what this release will be like to have have Sandbox in CFP. Though, I have at lease, it can be confirmed if the Sandbox will also be a stand alone app. :slight_smile:

Though, one question hasn’t been answered yet … how is it that Comodo can release a 64 bit Sandbox when the makers of Sandboxie can’t get the driver signed?

first version of the sandbox will be built into CFP. The reason for that is because unless you build a very good protection into a Sandbox, malware can easily jump out of it into the OS. So to save re-creating all the security needed we will be putting it into CFP to start with.

Melih

PS: release Schedule looks like this:

1st Comodo Internet Security (CIS) (with full blown CAV integrated with CFP (or CAV3 can be a stand alone)
2nd CIS with Sandoxing and Threatcast functionality built in.

Melih,

in other words… CAV3 is about the be released any time now… :slight_smile:

Can’t wait!!!

Thanks,

Harry

Hi Melih with all the new technology’s coming out from Comodo and being put into the FW will that not make it kinda heavy on the sys or will there be options to disable or remove things that a person does not need or choose to use in other words will all the security apps be offered as a stand alone product.

not really…

see what we did from v2 to v3! We were able to add world’s best prevention based security without adding, actually reducing, any more demand on the system resources.

If we are making a security product part of our offering, we are doing so cos we believe you need that security. Unlike other companies who do these kind of things to justify the price they charge for it hence they bloat the product. There is a big difference between their approach and ours. We are doing it cos we believe you need it. Anyway, we do make it optional as much as possible.

thanks
Melih

CFP v2 used 22mb.

CFP v3 only used 9MB all up:
cmdagent.exe: 7MB
cfp.exe: 2MB

So yep, We added security to v3, But also reduced resources :stuck_out_tongue: (L)

Josh

Hi all, I have a question.

Did Comodo notice the patent on ISR from a company in Beijing?

I hope they checked it well before release it to public.

Yes you’re correct (provided if the drive which is enabled and the e-mail which is configured to the same drive)

yes it will be lost because you are shielded by C.O.M.O.D.O (as simple as that)