COMODO DiskShield 1.0.0.7 BETA Released!

G’day,

Can you get in in SAFE mode?

If so, I was able to successfully uninstall after installing this morning using the UNINSTALL link in the start menu.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Sounds very useful for certain applications. I have not installed it yet but will there be a way to password it to prevent its being disabled by a user. I think I wil sit and watch for a while I might put it on while I m out of town for a while my sister in law will be using my pc sounds good to protect it.

OD

You can remove it use following step:

1. Reboot to Safemode.
  2. Open you registry editor
  3. Find ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}’
  4. At right, you can find a value named ‘UpperFilters’. Please double click it.
  5. Remove ‘diskshld’ from it, and click ok.
  6. Find ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\diskshld’, then delete this key.
  7. Find System32\drivers folder in your windows folder. And you can find a driver named ‘diskshld.sys’ in it. Then please delete it.
  8. Reboot.

!!WARNING!! Please step by step to manual uninstall it in Safemode. Else maybe make your PC to boot unable.

Could you please upload your crush dump to bug report sub-forum?
It should help devs to fix your issue.
You can find them at you windows folder. Name is minidump. Please upload the newest one to the forum.
Thanks for your support.

Thanks for the great help. but I can not enter the safe mode too.

I have formated/reinstalled my XP. My system is ok now. I will try it again in my VMWare when new release comes out.

BTW, I have Powershadow installed in my system before I try the DS. will them conflict with each other?

Hi,
I think it may conflict with some programs that installed before. I will set up a fresh XP in VMWare to have a try soon.

It is a great tool. I work for a internet cafe with more than 100 computers. I have Powershadow/Deep Freeze/REturnil installed in other computers. I am very gald to be a volunteer to test this cool product.

hi,
I think most of the disk recovery tools like CDS, Powershadow, Returnil and DeepFreeze use almost the same method to protect your disk, that means you can’t install both of them, just like the Anti-Virus program.

I also tested the BETA version and find it can’t get uninstalled in SAFE Mode, that means if you get BSOD when you boot, the only way to get your system back is enter the SAFE Mode and follow the method provided by Doskey.

wish you good luck.

And also to Melih, actually this can compete with Sandboxie, because they don’t have a 64-bit version and may never have one.

From what was said in a reply to my earlier post, this program will be more like Altiris SVS (Broadcom Inc. | Connecting Everything I suggest, Vettetech, that you read the documentation to this sweet program). Altiris doesn’t have a 64 Bit version yet either. Now, the programs will not be exactly the same, but I mean similar type of virtualization. SVS was useful, so I can’t wait for all the features of CDS to be added. :smiley:

Though, I too am looking forwards to Comodo’s Sandbox program. Since Sandboxie may never have a 64 Bit version, then Comodo will be in the lead in Sandboxies if they produce a 64 Bit version. :wink:

@Melih: This is strait from Sandboxies Dev team on why no 64 Bit version: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?WindowsVista64 Will Comodo face similar issues with both CDS and the Sandbox program?

We coud use an “excluder list” for antivirus updates for example or comodo boclean? In that way we don’t need to let this programs to write on disc every time when programs are updating definitions…

I see many applications, but I myself too would prefer some kind of Sandbox for my personal PC. And yes it seems you’re beating the comptetition to 64 bits support… (B)

Very nice program!!

what about emails that come in while Diskshield is enabled, as in many cases email-programs are configured to remove them from the server after download… Will they be lost as well?

Harry (:NRD)

Does CDS have any kind of visual indicator where you can easily see if it is enabled?

I would hate to see a lot of work disappear because I did not notice what mode CDS happened to be in. I use Powershadow now and then for certain things and I’m always aware if I’m in shadow mode or not.

Al

Under SETTINGS, you can select to change the wallpaper when a drive is shielded.

The “shield” wallpaper is stored in \PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\DISK SHIELD\IMAGES. Its a standard JPG (2000 x 1500) but can be any size. Any other wallpaper of your design or choosing can be substituted, but it has to be in this location and has to be called “wallpaper.jpg”.

Cheers,

This program is quite stable. No real issues at all on XP SP3.

Good work Comodo! :slight_smile:

Josh

I have installed it again in a fresh XP in VMware. so far it is good.

BTW, I have tested DiskShield with the RobotDog virus. That virus can bypass this beta and infect my system.

Any objects that use RAW WRITE to access the disks can sidestep the current build, but this should be rectified by BETA3 (release date unknown).

thanks for that hhy!

this product, as you well know, is ideal for internent cafes!

again thank you

Melih

Sandboxing and HD Virtualisation are two different products.

Comodo DiskShield is a HD Virtualisaiton product

Comodo Sandbox is now in testing/QA and will be out shortly.

thanks
Melih

A powerful sanbox for CFP is also ready and being QAed right now. From the protection point of view, they are not comparable.

DiskShield is way more powerful in terms of protecting the system. Perhabs too powerful for an average user. However, please wait for us to issue a couple of more BETA releases with the anticipated features implemented.

A Sandbox on the other hand, can imitate the protection of a real virtualization product, with giving the user more flexibility in configuring. For real-time malware defense and optimal user experience, it is preferable. However, it can not be as powerful as diskshield.

You will have both of the products at the same time soon. There willl be even some more, exciting ones:)

Egemen

Yep.

Ok, thanks. I will wait for the BETA3.

There are thousands of virus that can bypass the ISR in Asia, it is better to have immunity to these. and it is better to disable the safe mode when release it to the internet cafe.