Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Beta Release!!!

:-TU Although I’m using CIS, it’s still a exciting news that CCAV is released.

OK, thanks for clarification. Then if we use only CCA we are not protected against data theft.

BTW CCA on my PC feels much heavier than CIS with HIPS in Paranoid. Though my hardware is rather whimsical.

Hello yro,

It is a bug on the algorithm, development team have fixed the issue. We are planning to release a hotfix next week.

For your information

Kind Regards
Buket

A simple “Secured” tab in the middle of the top would suffice.

Everything is covered by CCAV except data theft. You guys have made CCAV simplified, easy & effective. Kudos for this :-TU
Likewise a simplified Firewall would be good to help protect data theft, what you think?

CCAV is a Cloud AV.
On the main GUI & tray icon there should be an indication if cloud is connected or not… like GUI shows Cloud connected/Cloud not connected & tray icon changes colour.

In my opinion, NO. I do not want firewall in CCAV.
Let’s say fw is added, so whats the point of another product. Just use CIS,then.
Comodo is innovative comp. They will find something I trust 'em.

Well CIS & CCAV are a lot different.
CCAV is core features only & CIS is full featured i.e core features + additional features + additional tools, etc…
And little differences like CCAV is cloud AV, AutoSandbox doesn’t have “Source Tracking” like CIS, etc…

What do you suggest for data theft protection?
Do you think CCAV working with Windows Firewall would be a good idea i.e Win FW handling inbound & CCAV handling outbound connections?
Or you are completely against the idea of Firewall in CCAV?

Hope Password Protection will be there.

And you guys have mentioned something feature feedback or feature suggestions or something will start once CCAV is released to know what feature majority users would like to see in CCAV… what happen to that?

A First Look - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (against malwares)

Video : Comodo Cloud Antivirus- A First Look - YouTube

Good job even for a laggy beta release :-TU

Comodo can integrate a defence agains LAN viruses (just like old 360IS v5)… I do not want firewall component in CCAV.
I want to offer this simple product to my novice friends. Firewall will bring one more alert to us and it sounds annoying to novice users…
CCAV should handle this on the background, or I will use Zemana Antilogger Free with CCAV.
I do no want firewall anymore.

Hi all

Here is a Comodo Cloud Antivirus- A First Look Video Review

With best Regards
Mops21

For Unknown Installers its not giving “Unlimited Rights” Popup… instead autosandbox the unknown installers.

In the same way that CAV is Comodo Antivirus, I believe it would make little sense to have Firewall in CCAV… That would probably make more sense in a CCIS (Comodo Cloud Internet Security) otherwise if CCAV had a firewall then their naming scheme would be inconsistent, and that’s the most important thing! (joking)

Personally I’m not going to use CCAV, mostly because I want a Firewall and HIPS, but also because I do use these other advanced settings and tools, so simplified is relatively fine for me when it comes to GUI, but not functions. ;D

Either way I’d personally like to see a fully fledged CIS but using cloud rather than local signatures… “But just use CFW…” Yeah but it lacks options like exclusions for AV as well as proper settings for alerts and blocking etc… Perhaps during installation of CIS you could click customize and switch from Comodo Antivirus to Comodo Cloud Antivirus? Just so there’s no misunderstanding I want to clarify that I do NOT want that to replace CCAV.

Edit: Speaking of the above I just noticed in a video that there isn’t a way to exclude malware detected by the CCAV? Just Clean, Ignore Once and Ignore And Trust… There should be an “Ignore and add to exclusions” in my opinion since you may want to stop it being detected but not have it trusted…

Please, Melih, fix this. Makes CCAV to prompt us to isolate or sandbox “ANY KIND OF FILE”.

In all fairness, I really like Comodo Cloud. And since the slowdown issue has been identified, I’ll uninstall it for the time being and test it again next week when the fix will be delivered. Other than that, I don’t have much to complain about. It’s minimalistic and it works. I hope it’ll stay that way.

data theft is also covered :wink: but its a different security capability…

I was looking the video with ccav running and I have a big complain so you devs take in consideration: Please, change that horrible “cloud cis icon” and bring back the old systray cis icon. Or, atleast, make a new icon but without that “little cloud” on it. Its ugly… :slight_smile:

please guys, i know it sounds like a joke but its not. I hate that “clouded” icon used on ccav for systray.

just use the cis icon or use something more simple, without that cloud.

Ill make an mokup in paint to show some ideas… later on…

EDIT.:
http://i.share.pho.to/cfbe0a16_o.jpeg

HEELL its ugly. My bad. but this can show my idea. What about the cloud going backward the C item? Or remove the little cloud from the tray icon. I know its about identity but its ugly guys…

I like the system tray icon, though don’t see it as a big deal either way.

I do still think the main GUI could be made smaller by about 35%. Lots of extra space in there.

I think the tray icon looks just fine. Honestly I think that’s the last of their worries. It’s much more important to get a stable and effective product then worrying about the tray icon.