Comodo Chromodo ver 42.1 Beta is now available

Would it be a bad idea to block third-party cookies by default?

As someone with very little knowledge of how web browsers and websites actually work, I would say that it would be a good idea however it could cause some consequences (perhaps, not sure, but I’m guessing there could be a legitimate use of third-party cookies, perhaps if a site allows login via facebook/twitter? I don’t know if third-party cookies is needed for that) and if the user encounters any issue caused by blocking third-party cookies, it’s unlikely the user will find the cause themselves.

Given the nature of the browser, privacy minded, I would say that blocking third-party cookies should be enabled by default however some compatibility issues could arise… perhaps…

Does Chromium or Comodo Dragon/Chromodo block Supercookies? (As described in the wikipedia article JoWa linked) Perhaps Comodo should look into what could be done against zombie cookies?

There are some things that don’t work in this browser, which I did expect to work since the browser is Chromium based and all these things work on Chrome.
For example:

1. Whatsapp web
  2. Some functions in a Hangouts videocall, such as screenshare or special effects function.

Is there anyway to make these things work in Chromodo/Dragon?

I have been blocking third party cookies for years and it does not interfere with navigating web sites.

Does Chromium or Comodo Dragon/Chromodo block Supercookies? (As described in the wikipedia article JoWa linked) Perhaps Comodo should look into what could be done against zombie cookies?
Jowa, do you know?

I think I had an issue with one website not logging me in without third-party cookies enabled, however I can’t remember which website it was… Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but it’s largely not an issue, I think Comodo should block third-party cookies by default. Gains outweigh the potential loss.

I have also blocked third-party cookies a long time. Once has it caused problem, when I on my bank’s site ordered an electronic ID (certificate) from a third-party issuer/site.

My mistake we didn’t add it into CS v36 and later we decided to add it Chromodo. I thought that we still do not add it into Chromodo, however as Alp Eren said above we’ll have it in the next releases.

Hi Sanya and JoWa,

Currently, we are relying on Google Safe Browsing API blacklist/whitelist to keep or discard cookies. Actually I’m not sure how their heuristics work for cookies, but it’s likely that they also consider the type of cookies (originator domain, super cookies etc.).

If you have experience about cookies, could you please add a new topic so we can discuss in detail. I’ve never thought about zombie cookies, but it looks like a promising security feature.

Thanks.

Anyone?

Hi
I don’t use either, so I am stabbing in the dark.
Try disabling ‘Do not allow websites to know where you came from (suppress HTTP Referrer header)’, found under privacy in the advanced settings.

Kind regards.

Maybe add the ability to protect cookies from some sites before deleting? Very useful extension was, until functioned…
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vanilla-cookie-manager/gieohaicffldbmiilohhggbidhephnjj

Thank you for the suggestion. Very good feature.

Is there a beta of Dragon, with the release reportedly next week?
Or is the beta going to happen in the first week of June?

Official release is very soon. Thanks for your patience.