Comodo Chromodo ver 42.1 Beta is now available

Hi nettek,
Maybe a silly question, but is the browser maximized (Top right corner)?

Thanks.

Hi,

Not on full screen (F11) but it’s maximized (two rectangles instead of one), I assume that’s what you meant.

Hi nettek,
Yes correct.

I think the issue is caused by DirectWrite.
Using Caution try the following,

1. Copy/Paste the following line into your address bar and enter.
    chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write
  2. Under ‘Disable Direct Write’, click Enable.
  3. Close the browser and restart.

Hope that helps.

Hi captainsticks,

Thanks, but that doesn’t help :frowning:

Hi nettek,
I thought that would have solved the issue. :frowning:
Sorry I am out of ideas, let us hope someone else can come up with a solution.
I will continue thinking about it though.

Kind regards.

Hi captainsticks,

That’s okay, thanks for trying to help.

Why did you removed the option “clear browser on exit”?

Trusted ads disabled still shows trusted ads on google search.

Previously Comodo Dragon was shipped with Comodo Internet Security.
Now it is replaced with Chromodo, any specific reason?

Since version 42 Chrome gives me random prob “quic protocol err”.
I had to solve the prob by going to chrome://flags/ & disabling quic protocol.

This beta is based on Chrome 42 & hasn’t give me quic proto prob yet. Browsing for an hour. So thats good :-TU

adSanitizer looks & works better than Privdog. Dont know what changed. But on kickass torrent site, PD use to not block some ads, aS blocks those ads.

Chromodo’s UA-string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) [b]Dragon[/b]/42.1.1.69 Chrome/42.0.2311.82 Safari/537.36

Maybe it should be Chromodo rather than Dragon?

So far so good on my machine. Smooth and fast, the way it should be.

Could you please elaborate what you mean? We haven’t had such an option. Is it possible that you confuse it with IE?

However, if your intention is to have a private browsing session, you can use incognito mode. Moreover, if you’d like to have always private sessions, you can enable “Start browser in incognito mode” under Settings → Privacy.

If you want delete only cookies on exist, you can change it through Settings->Privacy->Content Settings->Keep local data only until you quit your browser.

Thanks.

Hi JoWa,
Actually, this one is intentional. There is no global authority nor well-known database for browser user agents that you can simply register your browser’s user agent. Instead of dealing with with multiple user agents, we agreed on Dragon for all of our browsers to cope with content scripts especially.

Hi Ozan Bora Fikir,

Thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile:

You have it in Comodo Dragon, I use it extensively.

I use it in Opera 12.17. Clearing cache upon exit helps to keep the browser more responsive over time. Clearing new cookies upon exit is something I also use in Opera.

Hi Sanya,

We will have it in Comodo Dragon again. In few days, we will release Comodo Dragon Ver_42 and this feature will be added there as well. Thanks for your comment.

Will it be coming to Chromodo at some point? (Personally I’ll only use Comodo Dragon but it may be of use for other users)

Sure, we will add this feature in next release.

There was an option “clear on browser exit” with options like browsing history, passwords, etc…
Not to be confused with “clear browsing data”. The above option was next to this option & not available in Chrome.

I like the above option instead of Incognito. I dont allow plugins in Incognito.

Hi yessnooo,
I attached a screenshot from the previous version to clarify the missing option. :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great.
Thanxx.