Comodo Chromium Secure 36.1 is now available for download

Yes, Please add portable CS :-TU

Flash player (PPAPI and NPAPI) is a third party product that supplies plug-ins.

CS will use Adobe plug-ins that are installed on your system without manual configuration.

If both are installed, it will use PPAPI. If PPAPI Flash isn’t installed, it will fall back to NPAPI. If the NPAPI plug-in isn’t installed then no Flash is available.

Good news for you…

Yes, portable mode will be coming in a later version.

But PPAPI is is integrated in Chrome and it updates along with the browser.

Chrome and CS/Dragon have the same PPAPI integration. As you know from this forum Chrome, Dragon and Chromium Secure are based on the Chromium Open Source Project. This means the support is the same.

Google distributes Adobe’s Flash Player (PPAPI) product, you accept the Adobe EULA inside the Chrome Service Agreement when you install Chrome. There is no distribution deal between Adobe and the Open Source Chromium Project for distribution of Adobe Software.

We are perusing avenues to get a distribution deal with Adobe.

Are you having issues with your NPAPI flash player? If so can you file a bug report and we’ll look into it.

Shane.

Thanks Guys. :-TU :o

I’ll try to answer everything I can around my other duties, like getting these products built. :wink:

Hi Shane

Are there any plans to develop Comodo Secure or Comodo Dragon for Linux? (i.e Ubuntu). If not, how about extensions?

:slight_smile:

Hi Graham,

Unfortunately don’t have plans for Linux. Windows so far has been our only platform.

The plugins should be universal. Which plugins are interested in?

Shane.

Rename ffmpegsumo.dll and the problem is gone.

Hi,

Could Chromium Secure have an option upon installation to integrate the CD profile already installed on my computer as they are both Chromium based. Currently it only offers to use my Chrome profile which is of no use as it is almost empty, to the contrary of CD where I have all my add-ons, bookmarks, passwords and so on!

Thanks

I’m using Googly sync account and all my stuff was imported in CS from CD.

That breaks the ability to play audio and video in the browser (without plugin). Hardly a solution to anything.

CS should be able to play VP9 in all qualities on YT. If CS fails (and a VP9-version of the video is available, still not always the case), it is a bug in CS.

I’m renaming that file for a year or so (in CD) and didn’t notice strange stuff.

Hi Burebista,

Thanks for your answer, but I do not use Google sync account and do not want to use it as I do not want to share with Google all my staff. I would very much prefer an option to import directly my CD profile into CS!

Shane, would that be possible?

“Could not load Shockwave Flash” on Yahoo.com
Thanks for nothing…

No “strange stuff” is to expect, only a big feature disappearing, a feature that is big part of the modern (and open) web: audio and video without plugins.

We do have plans to enhance the import dialog during installation and this would be added when we code it.

A new Dragon will be out later this wee and from that version you should be able to directly copy over the profile folders from Dragon if so inclined and everything would be in CS.

Can you supply some details and place a post in the bug reports section and we’ll work with you to locate your issue?

Was there any specific video?

Great news Shane, both for the new version of Dragon and the plan to enhance the import dialog, thanks!

PrivDog and Web Inspector extensions.

:).