COMODO Backup 4.2.0.22 BETA bug reports

Both issues will be fixed in next release.

Thanks

Does the issue reproduce for backups that are performed to other destination than the external drive F:?
You can take a look at “\Users<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder\CBU.exe.log” and “\Users<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder\CBU.exe.logold.log”, then post the log lines that start after the last “DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM:SS Processing ***” and end with “DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM:SS Backup failed with code 67 (File not found).”

Thanks

Yes that’s what I meant. But if debug logging is on then I needn’t worry.

CB doesn't stop VSS service. CB needs it to perform backup of files that are locked.
Have looked into this. Though VSS starts automtically it stops on idle in Win7, or at least in my installation. So I guess that's not the problem.
We need the debug logs and dumps to analyze all the problems above. I tried to use the mods username and password, but I get the error in the attached screenshot. You can try to place them in CCloud and then PM me the download link after you share the files.
I think the the CIS devs are downloading fine from FileZilla, using the same logons, and I have just tested using FileZilla client 3.5.3, downloadable from http://filezilla-project.org and the logons are OK. My log shows you attempting to log on but submitting a blank password. Also some unusual Unix commands. Possibly a problem with your client?

I’m sorry, but the CCloud has proved too time consuming in the past, bearing in mind the number of reports I submit.

Would you mind trying again? I’ll keep the number of progs running down just in case your client was timing out in some way. (I have 16GB of memory and an 8 core i7, so should not be a problem, but just in case).

Thank you for detailed bug reports.
It's my pleasure.

Best wishes

Mouse

Just to follow up on the last - also now just tried actual Filezilla download with the log-ons you have and all was OK

Yes, it seems to work with Filezilla.
Download is in progress. I will post back as we analyze the logs and dumps.

Thanks

Good stuff, Filezilla is a great reliable client and its free :slight_smile: I’ll make sure not to reboot or anything.

Mouse

It seems that the entire download will take 8-9 hours. (Average speed is ~19 KB/s)
You can try to compress the dump files in the future.

Thanks

Yes will compress in future. Sorry should have thought of that. But may be not much difference as FZ server compresses (MODE Z and I suppose FZ client is supposed to decompress).

Also you have 2 going at once, limit is 40KB/s. My upload connection is just 480 Kb/s. Pretty typical in the UK :slight_smile:

Best wishes

Mike

[Edited to correct reversal of bits and bytes :slight_smile: ]

Just checked half done now (2hrs), so maybe time estimate does not account for compression.

I didn’t notice that they are both downloading at the same time. They should both be done in less than 1 hour.

Thanks

Files were successfully downloaded.

Thanks

Thanks for telling me

Mike

Maybe I’ve found the problem. If I connect the drive as USB 2.0 it works fine, if I connect it as USB 3.0 it loses the connection after a couple of minutes… maybe at high transfer rates the disk (a WD Scorpio Black) begins to absorb more power than what a single USB 3.0 port can deliver (0.9A). I reproduced the problem copying a large folder with the Windows file explorer. Strangely, I didn’t have any issue with “EaseUS Todo Backup Free”, maybe it uses a strong error handling and it waited for the disk to reconnect and spin-up again.

Hi Mike,

Here are the comments on some of the reported issues:

CFRMD is not a Comodo Backup driver, I think it’s a CIS driver, so the issue should be reported in CIS section.

This issue will be fixed in next release. You can try the below GUI.exe (place it in installation directory) to confirm if the issue is fixed.

Yes, path-based filters are supposed to work in this version, but they should be specified like this “<C:\SomeFolder>” or “<C:\Windows*>” otherwise they will be considered file name filters (not path filters).
In GUI.exe below, beside the <> specifier, paths that contain at least one '' are considered path filters, so it should work.

This is the normal behaviour. User cancellation is treated as an error.

The cause is the same as in the crash above. The issue should be fixed in below GUI.exe

In both cases, the cause is the same according to the \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder\Comodo Online Storage communication.log: “Server or proxy hostname lookup failed”.
It seems that the issue happens periodically on your machine. We added retry mechanism for this error.

Regarding handles remaining opened, they can remain opened for 2 minutes if the close request fails for some reason.

Here is GUI.exe (it needs to be placed in installation diectory).
GUI.exe (32 bit)
GUI.exe (64 bit)

Thanks

Problem: CBU / CCloud keeps loosing connection apx every 60 seconds

Requested information:

Your Operating System; Windows 8 Pro 32bit, Admin account, UAC=ON
Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS 6.0.258294.2626 beta
How you produced the problem; Ran installer for CBU 4.2.0.22 and selected CCloud to also be installed. Rebooted PC entered CCloud login details, selected ‘Sign in automatically’ check box and CCloud connected. then apx every 60 seconds error box appears stating connection lost.
How you tried to resolve the problem; CCloud signs back in when selecting ‘retry manually’ or waiting for it to log back in automatically, but then looses connection again. No other programs loose connection and CBU is a trusted program by CIS.
Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them): N/A
if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic: N/A
if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat: Attached.
Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used); N/A

[attachment deleted by admin]

Problem: CBU / CCloud does not remember CCloud login details after a PC restart

Requested information:

[b]Your Operating System;[/b] Windows 8 Pro 32bit, Admin account, UAC=ON
[b]Other Backup & Security Software Installed;[/b] CIS 6.0.258294.2626 beta
[b]How you produced the problem;[/b] Login details entered for CCloud account and connected. Due to connection bug ( reply #34 ) restarted PC and Login details had not been remembered so had to be re-entered

How you tried to resolve the problem; Made sure ’ Sign me in automatically’ box was ticked and restarted PC. Login details not remembered.
Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
If the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them): N/A
if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic: N/A
if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat: Attached.
Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used); N/A

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK will do, thanks for the info. Error seem to start at time of CBU installation, that’s why I thought it was CBU. Tried to validate but could not find the file anywhere in a program directory, so could not tell where it came from. Will check logs etc in case there’s some form of three way interaction.

This issue will be fixed in next release. You can try the below GUI.exe (place it in installation directory) to confirm if the issue is fixed.
Thanks much appreciated will try it.
Yes, path-based filters are supposed to work in this version, but they should be specified like this "" or "" otherwise they will be considered file name filters (not path filters).
That's great news. Maybe you need a bit of text to guide people?
In GUI.exe below, beside the <> specifier, paths that contain at least one '\' are considered path filters, so it should work.
OK that should work instead of text, as '\' is illegal in file names (as opposed to paths) I think.
This is the normal behavior. User cancellation is treated as an error.
Just a personal view, but if I were you I'd make it say something different, else you will get false bug reports for ever :)
The cause is the same as in the crash above. The issue should be fixed in below GUI.exe
Thanks much appreciated
In both cases, the cause is the same according to the \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder\Comodo Online Storage communication.log: "Server or proxy hostname lookup failed".
Intreresting. Is this a DNS failure then? I am using Secure DNS (Ultrasurf-based, 2 IPs) installed on my router with an alternative high reliability fallback service (2 IPs). A network analysis site I use says that Ultrasurf (IE Comodo Secure DNS) re-directs lookup failures to an advertising IP, and that can cause comms failure in some programs. Could that be what is happening? Shall I post the network analysis?
It seems that the issue happens periodically on your machine. We added retry mechanism for this error.
Is that in GUI.exe? I guess not its probably i the service?
Regarding handles remaining opened, they can remain opened for 2 minutes if the close request fails for some reason.
OK will wait 2 mins. Maybe that error message could say 'please wait 3 mins then try again'?
Here is GUI.exe (it needs to be placed in installation diectory). [url=https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/GUI_x32_4.2.BETA.exe?key=29608b77-5ea4-4ec5-b982-0afe4b5701cd]GUI.exe (32 bit)[/url] [url=https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/GUI_x64_4.2.BETA.exe?key=6e6fe823-ee36-4367-92ae-66be5a3efe4c]GUI.exe (64 bit)[/url]
Thanks
Thanks again for relevant and clear responses.

Mouse

Someone from your IP is trying to download files from my FTP server, but typing in just th user name and a blank password. They are maybe having difficulty for the same reason you were?

Any idea who? Possibly on the CIS team? If so could you tell them that Filezilla Client works fine?

Just wondering if Comodo have a standard FTP client that happens to conflict with Filezilla Server?

Best wishes

Mouse

You are right. CB should also use a strong error handling for faulty usb connections.
Below is a replacement for CBU.exe, if you want to try it. It needs to be placed in installation directory. It should have the faulty USB 3.0 connection issue fixed.

GUI.exe 32 bit
GUI.exe 64 bit

Thanks

Please try to update CCloud also to latest BETA

Thanks