COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports

Please collect the debug information after you reproduce the issue again.

Thanks

Please post the script / command line you are using so we can analyze it.

Thanks

Here are the command line parameters:

/backup_operation /type filesandfolders /source "C:\Documents and Settings\Stellios\My Documents\Raku2Personal" /compressionlevel maximum /description “Stellios; Rack2Filer inc FTP backup” /destinationtype destinationtypeftp /destinationpath “ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Raku2Personal.cbu” /remote_username “" /remote_password "” /rememberPassword /rememberUser /backup_type incremental /diskusage normal /processorusage above_normal /noLogToScreen /log_file “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\COMODO\CBU\HC02 Stellios; Rack2Personal NAS01 FTP v02.log” /log_method “append” /scheduleTask /schedule_mode “daily” /scheduleSettings “19:00” /guiRunModeServiceModeRun

Sorry for wasting your time on this. I should have realised the reasoon. However, thanks for your suggestion on getting around the FTP limitation.

CBU analyses all files from the directory just in case the base file was renamed.
Now that is clevr and very sensible. Users do all sorts of unexpected things!

Hi Emmanuel
I have collected the debug info and uploaded it to my COS storage. I have sent you the link to the file in a PM.

Problem: I am doing an incremental backup of my Outlook email folder and I frequently get error code 1. The log file includes the following lines:

… An internal error occurred…
… Error occurred.
… Backup failed with code 1 (Internal error).

Reply #18 at https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cb/comodo-backup-error-codes-t49652.15.html indicates that this problem has been fixed. My experience above suggests that it has not.

We found the cause. It will be fixed in next release. Until then try to use /scheduleSettings 19:00 instead of /scheduleSettings “19:00”

Thanks

Thank you. The debug file was received.
To avoid the issue, when filling up ftp information for server name, instead of “[url=http://ftp://servername.xyz/]ftp://servername.xyz/[/url]” try to use “ftp://servername.xyz” or “servername.xyz”. It seems that the final “/” is the problem cause.
The issue will be fixed in next release.

The error code 1 from that topic, most likely, has a different cause.
That error happened with an older version of CB .
Please send me the debug logs when the error happens again.

Thanks

I have sent you a PM with links to debug info and the log file from the run.

Zip archives created with Comodo Backup has ‘???’ symbols instead cyrillic symbols in file and folder names. I cannot exract files adn restore from these archives.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Win7 Home Basic Russian
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    Comodo Internet Security

Regards, Oleg

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);

Windows 7 x64

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;

Kaspersky Antivirus

• How you produced the problem;

While backing up, the “send email notification” fails. After clicking “edit schedule” in “manage”, when I view the settings for the email notifications, there is 1 character missing from the end of EVERY input field. So instead of .com at the end of an email address, it says .co, and my password is one letter short, so is the account name, smtp, subject, from, to, and username fields.

Interesting bug.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;

Redoing the email notification account as ‘new’ multiple times. The same issue occurrs.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);

Any help?

From the log file, it seems that the install path for “Outlook 2003” could not be determined. Unfortunately I can’t provide more details because the debug data in debug.cbu is too old. debug.cbu was created six and a half hours later after the error occured, and it was overwritten since the debug logs have a size limit.

I can provide more info if the debug information would be collected exactly after the error occurs.

Thanks

We are aware of the issue. The problem will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting the problem. It will be fixed in next release.

Security: MS Security Essentials

I have created a full backup of my partitions (all partitions, but not disk image) to my USB drive.
Now I want to create a differential backup based on the above full backup. I can select the full backup as the backup base, the partitions selected automatically (Settings.PNG), everything’s fine. But when I start the backup, CB says it cannot find the backup base (USB_Try.PNG).

I tried to overcome the problem by sharing my USB drive on the LAN, with an other computer. So I tried the same settings with the base (and the destination) on the network. Now CB seems to find the base, but then an other error occurs (Net_Try.PNG). Also I think the error message is incorrect, it says “Could occurred” instead of “Error occurred”.

Please fix this problem.

(I’ll try the same with single partitions, maybe I shouldn’t put everything into one file. I’ll post the results.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, now I tried it with a single C: partition, and the same problem occurs.
Please fix it.

Please collect the debug information after you reproduce again both issues, “USB_Try.PNG” and “Net_Try.PNG”. This will help us determine cause of the problem.

This typo will be fixed in next release.

Thanks

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the error seen on “Net_Try.PNG”, instead it gives the same “Cannot find a backup base. Defaulting to full backup”, as in the USB case…
However, here are the debug info files for both USB and network cases. (The first for USB, and the second for Net.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for reporting the issues.
We found the cause for “USB_Try.PNG”. It will be fixed in next release.