COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports

Error 100 is timeout error. It’s recommended that debug logs are collected as soon as the error happens.
In this case, error happened Sunday and the logs were collected Monday, so they were overwritten because they have size limitation to avoid using too much disk space.
You can increase the size of the debug logs in registry here, to avoid this issue in the future: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\Common\Settings

Thanks

Sorry did not realise history on client was deleted daily. Sunday was my wife’s birthday, so I was a bit distracted by other priorities. So sorry have no debug logs from Sun

I will reset registry key. I have backups logs if that is any good, as they are set on append.

Best wishes

MOuse

We are currently working on improving the server side so it would allow CB to resume where it left off.

Thanks

The last minor update did not fix these bugs, only some cos-core-lib issues were fixed

The rest will be fixed in next release.

Thanks

No problem. Thank you for taking the time to describe these issues.

That’s excellent news.

Again Excellent news. Can I take it that your release note fix lists are comprehensive w.r.t posted bugs then? If so that is very very welcome, and I’ll not re-post any previous ones, unless they are thought to be fixed.

:slight_smile:

Yes, the bugs list will be detailed and will contain each bug fixed.
When I usually say that a bug will be fixed in next release I mean in CB 4.2

A CB 4.2 or CB 5.0 version would contain beside bug fixes, new functionality and user interface changes (minor or major), while a CB 4.1.5 version would contain only some bug fixes without any changes or new functionality.

Thanks

That’s excellent thanks for the clarification.

Best wishes

Mouse

:-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

Problem: after installation Comodo Backup Says that problems with COMODO Backup installation were detected. The diagnose report contains a message that says that BDisk.sys IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. Attempt to backup a physical disk results in an application crash.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);

Windows Home Premium 64 bit (Russian GUI if it matters).

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

• How you produced the problem;

I simply attempted to create a “disk, partition, MBR” backup with default settings.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;

Searched the forum but found nothing. Attempted to analyze the system event log, but it does not contain any entries related to COMODO Backup. Reinstalled the program. No luck.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);

Attached to this report

• if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)

N/A

• if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic

The diagnostic report and crash dumps are uploaded to ccloud.com. You can download them by using this link:

https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/CBU%20crash%20dumps%20and%20report.zip?key=23925ae9-6f8a-4cec-8587-3f537b30fff0

• if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.

N/A

• Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);

The screenshots of all the steps are attached to this message.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for the detailed bug report.
The crash will be fixed in next release.

Regarding diagnostics report issue with bdisk.sys, please check that the following registry keys are correct:

• In “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}” , the “UpperFilters” value must contain “bdisk”
  • The “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\bdisk” registry key must have the values in the attached screenshot

If these registry keys are ok, try to disable the antivirus, restart the computer and let us know if the issue still exists.

I have checked it and yes, it contains “bdisk”. It also contains PartMgr, which is a DataRAM RamDisk driver.

The mentioned registry key has exactly same values as in the attached screenshot.

I paused the KIS protection, restarted the system, checked that the protection was still disabled. The error with bdisk.sys still persists. Uninstalling the antivirus is not an option.

Gentlemen

I find it both disappointing and frustrating that, when I edit a backup job, both the previously schedule and backup settings do not correspond to the job that I created. Instead I find that the schedule and quite a few of the settings have reverted to default values.

Is this a bug or an intended feature?

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP/SP3 32bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; latest version of CIS and current definitions
  • How you produced the problem; editing a pre-existing backup job
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; not possible
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);

Problem: I am backing a user and folders to my NAS via FTP. I find that even though I am doing incremental backups, CBU perform full backups each time even though it finds the automatically chosen base file.

I attach the log file showing the essential information taken from 3 incremental backups. Even to my untrained eye, I note the following entries which appear in the logs for each of the backups.

Checking if file ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Raku2Personal.cbu can be used as backup base.
Using as base ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Raku2Personal.cbu.
Opening backup file ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Raku2Personal.cbu
Determining base cbu information…
Base was created Thu 13.Sep.2012 10:00:32
Existing backup will be overwritten because this destination doesn’t support appending incremental / differential information to same backup.
Backup will run as full.
Deleting fulls, incremental and differentials which have as base backup(s) ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Raku2Personal.cbu
Analyzing backup ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Stellios_inc_files.cbu
Performing deletion…
Deleting backup ftp://NAS01:21/HC02/HC02 Stellios/Raku2Personal.cbu
Cleanup done

In each CBU run it says it is going to use the correct automatically determined base file, it opens the file and then determines that it cannot append the incremental information and so proceeds to delete it and perform a full backup. Strangely CBU then decides to analyse another backup which has nothing to do with the backup job being run.

Questions:
Why can’t CBU write/append to the base file?
Why does CBU seek to analyse another file?

Problem: CBU does not allow me to restore a previously created .cbu backup file. Please see attached screenshot.

I attempted to restore a backup that I had created a little earlier today. The log of the backup job are attached to my bug report a few moments ago timed at 09:44:18. It shows that the backup job completed correctly.

The bug may be reproduced by:

• opening the event history for the backup run
  • selecting the “Restore” option;
  • going through necessary steps in the restore process and logging on to the FTP server and selecting the backup file.

CBU states that the selected path is invalid.

Problem: The description of the command line parameters at Comodo Help appears to be incomplete and inaccurate. For example:

• /log should be /log_file
  • /destinationPath does not give the syntax of the various options that are available through the GUI under Macros

I believe there are other instances of errors or incompleteness but I cannot recall them at the moment. I don’t know if there are errors or omissions in the restore command line parameters.

It would be helpful if the help documentation is brought up to date. Many thanks.

Problem: I am attempting to run and schedule backups via the command line parameters. I have discovered that /scheduleSettings “19:00” or any other time always results in the backup job being run daily at 00:00.

PS. The script includes /schedueTask and /schedule_mode “daily”. I haven’t experimented to see if the same problem applies to the time in the other /schedule_mode options.

Thank you for reporting the issue. This is not the intended behaviour.
It will be fixed in next release.

It’s because ftp doesn’t support appending data to an existing file.
To avoid this issue you can use revision number macro in backup step 3. This way backup will have different names with each run and it will run as incremental.

CBU analyses all files from the directory just in case the base file was renamed.

Thanks