COMODO BackUp 3.0 build 96 BUG REPORTS

Uninstalling Comodo backup.
I see .cbsync folders and files.
a windows search finds. over 40k.
I am trying to delete them and I keep getting
“file does not exist in that location”

I have a dump file for you, from an BSOD earlier today.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

We are looking into these problems and we hope you will give it a try with our next update.

Thanks.

These filles should be present in the source of the synchronized backup. Did you find them anywhere else?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Since the last BSOD windows has updated some files, (see attached). Now all appears to work properly. I have taken six “simple copy” back ups, run from a saved script, without any errors or BSOD’s.

Guess who’s a happy ?

c

[attachment deleted by admin]

I installed COMODO Backup in Dutch and the installer indeed was in Dutch. However the UI of the installed CBU is in German!!! Its the same for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (64bit).

This issue was reported already.
It will be fixed in an update.

Thanks

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows XP Pro SP3

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    Macrium Reflect (but it’s not running)
    CIS 5

• How you produced the problem;

1. Click Backup on the left side.
  2. Create a Full “Files and Directories” backup of C: (check the box next to "C:" in the list), saved to E:\backups, CBU format, medium compression, excluding pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys, split to DVD-size archive files, defaults for other stuff.
  3. Click Restore on the left side.
  4. Restore a single file or directory from the resulting archive in E:\backups to d:\temp (or seemingly anywhere other than the original location on c:), i.e. de-select everything, then select only one file or directory, then turn off “Restore to default location” and type in d:\temp. Restore in Append files or Clean restore mode–it doesn’t matter which.
  5. Read the log:
    22.11.2010 02:22:03 Opening Backup…
    22.11.2010 02:22:03 Initializing Restore Information…
    22.11.2010 02:22:03 Restoring full backup
    22.11.2010 02:22:03 Reading backup information…
    22.11.2010 02:22:05 Checking if restore destination is in use
    22.11.2010 02:22:05 Item d:\temp\C:\Drivers is used by other application. Cannot continue the restore process.
    22.11.2010 02:22:05 Finalizing Restore Process
    22.11.2010 02:22:05 Error Occurred
    22.11.2010 02:22:05 Recover process failed with code 64
  6. Try to mount the backup instead–get a yellow “An error occurred” message (no other explanations).
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    .Verified the archive files (“Verify Image” button)–everything is ok!

.Made new Full “Files and Directories” backups of c:\ a few times–still can’t restore to a different location.

.Tried restoring Differential and Incremental backups of c:--still can’t restore to a different location.

.Tried mounting the backups–It pops up a yellow “An error occurred” message at the top.

.Tried renaming a single directory on c: (c:\Drivers) and then restoring c:\Drivers to the Default location (the field for the restore path is greyed out and empty)–That restores okay! But what I really want to do is restore to a different disk, so it’s still a problem…

.Tried backing up a single directory (c:\Drivers) by unchecking everything and then clicking only that directory–That restores okay to d:\temp! I can also mount the backup okay!

*** If you look closely at the log message above, CBU is trying to access “d:\temp\C:\Drivers” when I tell it to restore the C:\Drivers directory to d:\temp. “C:” is not a legal Windows directory name. CBU should strip out the “C:” when it restores to a different path. This is a problem for backups where "C:" is selected in the Backup GUI, but not for backups where only “c:\Drivers” is actually selected.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    see log above

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
    NTFS

• All log files;
    see log above

• does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in installation folder)
    ok

• User Account Control On/Off ?
    using admin login

• Any other Additional Information;
    Thanks for the interesting program! If it worked properly (restores as expected and mounts images as expected) it would be the best free backup software I’ve seen.

Thank you for reporting the problem.
The issue will be fixed in an update.