COMODO BackUp 3.0 build 96 BUG REPORTS

OK, let’s start:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit)?
    Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bits

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed?
    Windows 7 Ultimate backup software

• How you produced the problem:
    I use a NAS to store my backups. Some folders over it are shared for public, some aren’t.
    When I build a new backup set, on second step, I choose “Network Connection”, then choose my NAS, then expand the folders.
    As long as the clicked item is in the “public” (i.e. unprotected by password) folders, this looks fine, but if I choose a protected folder, then

• There is a delay of about one minute, with the “please wait” message

• A yellow bar, “Could not get network/files.” appears

• The program hangs. No more button, or anything else to click or type, and only way to abort is to kill the CBU process

Have a look at the attached picture

• How you tried to resolve the problem?

• Disable the personal firewall on the computer, and retry. No change

• Adding other protocols (NFS, AFP, BlueTooth, etc…) to my NAS listener, and retry. No change

• Mapping the folder in Windows Explorer (after having authenticated), and retry. No change

• Reboot everything. No change

• Screen-shots with the error (if any):
    None

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:
    None

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…):
    NTFS

• All log files:
    None

• does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in installation folder)
    No such file !

• User Account Control On/Off ?
    On

• Any other Additional Information?
    None

• So what?
    CBU 3.0.164972.96

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

Have you performed any sync copy backups? Unless you did “.cbsync” folders shouldn’t be created.

Thanks.

Tudor,

Yes I did preform sync copy backups.

upon further examination I have come to the conclusion that I must have two suspect hard drives. One internal (my old C drive) and one USB, which I was using to store all my Comodo run backups.

I have ordered new ones from Amazon which should be with me before the weekend.

I’ll consider my problems solved.

Thanks for your reply

clemo

BSOD

I’ve had a bit of time spare, so I have been looking closer into my BSOD problem. It turns out my hard drives are not at fault. I have run other simple copy jobs, both from within CBU and run as a script, these have run successfully onto two USB drives.

The only folder/files i am having trouble with are media ones, Pictures, Music and Video. Here CBU copies the .cbsync folder and the first file then crashes.

These crashes are always 0x24 (0x001904aa,…) NFTS.sys at 83815EE6.

I can only presume there is something wrong with my media files, unless any one else can reproduce this problem. All other backup formats work OK.

c

Hello,

Please iterate the exact steps you took and when exactly the BSOD occurs.

Thanks.

I had the same problem, random BSOD that said ntfs.sys was the problem but uponreboot there would not be a dump file. Same error codes.

How I did it was a set up a sync copy (desktop, my documents, pictures) to a second hard drive. Everything worked ok when the first full backup happened then when it tired to do it automatically it would BSOD. It actually got to the point where I removed CBU but my system did not work anymore, it had corrupted something, the computer would not even boot into winodows anymore (it would get to the login screen and reboot, and just loop over and over) I had to use system restore to fix the ntfs.sys BSOD.

For the time being I am back with Cobain backup, no problems with that one.

Steps are as follows.

1. I set up “Simple Copy” of my Pictures, Music or Videos folder.
  2. Selected Drive E (USB hard drive) Left back up name as selected by CBU.
  3. Selected “Manual” and " Close Comodo Back Up after schedule" and saved schedule.
  4. Exported Script to my Desktop and named it Pictures.

Ran script and after CBU starts up, copies the first folder/file then crashes.

c

So it was actually a “simple copy” backup not a “sync copy”?

Hello,

Did you have any antivirus programs installed? CIS maybe? What operating system have you installed?

Thanks.

Yes a “Simple Copy”. Sync copies work as expected. It only affects backing up to a USB drive. Backing up to an second internal drive runs asit should.
c

Yes CIS 5.0.135 and I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

If there’s any way you could provide us a dump file that would be really useful.

Thanks

I wish I could but there was no dump file, nothing. It would BSOD and show like it was making a dump file but upon reboot there was nothing. I checked even in safe mode and no dump file. I wish I could give you one but I can’t. Sorry.

Hello, renaming it to Windows 2008 did not fix the problem. Still unable to set schedules for my w2k3 server.

I am also having troubles installing CBU3 on my Windows XP SP3 (fully patched) notebook.

On restart I get an BSOD screen STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804EE120, 0xF7B37C84, 0xF7B37980)

CIS 3
CTM 2.9 beta
Acronis TIH 2009
NTFS
User account on

No dump files, I had to use CTM to restore the PC to a point before CBU installation began.

c

Having uninstalled CTM 2.9beta, I have successfully installed CBU 3.

c

Hi

Please follow these steps to determine the cause of the problem:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cb/how-to-collect-debug-information-t63958.0.html

Thanks

Further to my BSOD on my Vista machine, i have discovered that if I turn off the Anti-Virus component of CIS 5, a simple copy works. If the Anti-Virus is on “On Access or Stateful” a simple copy back up does not work, resulting in the BSOD.

Trusting you will find this useful

c

Should of read CIS 5 and not 3. Changed to make more sense.

It was. Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into it.

Well, It would seem to fit, but, ALWAYS, the cogs turn and my machine hangs at the same point. when trying to delete a schedule. I tried to run a backup last night. I setup the email notification. I started today, saw the email. it completed and skipped a BUNCH of files. no real reason given, Nothing else was running when comodo was running the backup. I go through all the settings in the manage area to see if I missed something. so I decide to try and delete it and start again. Still. the cogs turn. Not once, since I installed comodo, has it worked right. very very very frustrating, and a pain, I am only trying a straight sync copy, from my local drive to another location on my network.

I ahve CIS latest, win 7 64bit as well. i7 920 6 GB ram. raid stripped HDD ( my backup source folder ) sings system drive.
I checked the registry and noticed one scheduled job that I deleted manualy.

I will KILL comodo once again and do a manual complete backup by copy the files… WHAT A JOKE