COMODO BackUp 2.0.108800.9 released!

There is the ability to do a complete image of a partition or hard disk.

The bootable media will take a bit more time.

Thank you

Has anyone tried with Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 32bit?

After installing the software my laptop refused to load Windows, BSOD. I had to use system restore, which makes it hard to get dump files etc.

Before I try again, I was wondering if this verison was W7 comaptible.

Cheers

Upgrading from 1.04337 to 2.0.108800.9

[b]Current Comodo backup v. 1.04337
Win XP SP3

I want to upgrade, but I would like to keep the exact same backup settings. It took me along time to get them just so. Is saving the key enough, and do I just import it back to the registry after I upgrade, or will it be ADDED to the key created by v.2? ?
HKCU\Software\ComodoGroup\Comodo BackUp
[/b]

Hello

Did you install other software before installing Comodo Backup?
A list of installed software would be helpful.
Also, please check “Windows\Minidump” folder to see if, by chance a dump file is there.
We will try to reproduce the problem.

Thank you

I’m afraid you will have to recreate the “backup settings”.

Thank you

Will the bootable media also include the use of a usb flash drive?

Yes it will, in a later version

Thanks, that’s good to know…

So far, I’m not impressed. CB 1.x is better. I like the new interface, but there are too many omissions and quirks for this to be useful. All I want to do is a simple copy backup to an external HD scheduled daily at a specific time. Here are my 2 cents. Once you create a backup, you can not go back and edit it. You have to delete it and create a new backup. There is not an incremental backup option - it reruns the entire backup. That might be necessary for a .CBU file, but for a simple copy backup, it is extremely inefficient. Also, I set up 3 scheduled back up jobs - the first with a password. I walked away from the PC for a few hours and when I came back, CB was asking for the PW for the first job. That blocked the other backups from running at the scheduled time. It would be nice if each backup ran in a separate thread.

CB 2.0 is nice looking and easy to use, but I think it is too simple - it just doesn’t have all the necessary features to be of any real use.

Hey russman7,

Incremental backups and full editing of scheduled jobs will be introduced into a (hopefully) near release.

Good point about the password protected backup blocking subsequent jobs. Wouldn’t it better if it only asked for the password on restore and not on create?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi

Actually it can do that, if you check “Remember backup password” and “Remember connection informations” checkboxes in backup step 5

TY!! :-TU

hello,
escuse my poor english (French)

Actually with cb1 you can save network folder (ex \serv01\appli\toto*.*)
or z:\toto (z is map disk)

impossible with cb2 ? don’t see map disk or network on the backup ! ?

Very important for me because i have a server NAS, and with cb1 all night a lot of schedule backup run to find and copy with revision all my over server and some “important” computer. (only files)

It’s the best software i have found schedule stable, mail, very fast… the best

if it’s impossible with cb2… no cb2 for me

and when i have a new schedule, i make a backup of the “comodo registry” so very easy for me to uninstall cb1 and install on a another NAS

Thank you for the hint.
We will add this feature in a near release.

Is there a timeframe that we can expect for the next release? I have currently resorted to version 1.x. A rough time line would be appreciated so I can plan out an upgrade schedule.

Thanks