COMODO BackUp 2.0.108800.9 released!

great feedback…keep it coming guys…

thanks
Melih

I have just installed this version and have come across a change from version 1.x. When choosing a network share, it appears that version 2.x uses windows browsing to find the available shares. This is fine as long as you are on a local network or have WINS configured. I my case, I need to be able to back up to a network share via UNC (\<ip_address><share>). Is this possible with 2.x?

Thanks - Ian

UPDATE: If you just copy/paste in the UNC, then it works.

I hope so. This has been a basic feature in the previous version, so I don’t understand why it has been removed. Meanwhile, I’ll try the scheduled backup option. Thanks for the hint.

I agree. I can see both sides; however, to maintain compatibility with version 1.x format, it would be good to have an option to define how the directory structure is built.

Yes, this is possible.
You can type in the “\<ip_address><share>” in backup step 3, at bottom right corner, in the “Save As” box.

Thank you

I’ve tried the manually scheduled backup, but unfortunately the task is not editable afterwards. So this is no option for me.

BTW, altough I set up a MANUALLY scheduled backup, the task was performed automatically after 24 hours.

That is odd…
Can you try that again, to see if the problem persists?

Thank you

Well, I’ve waited another 24 hours and yes, there it was again. Comodo popped up and the manually scheduled backup was made. I didn’t touch anything.

[edit] I noticed that this task was mentioned in the Vista task manager. I didn’t put it there… [/edit]

The next thing I will do is to delete the task in Comodo and make another one [edit] and make sure there isn’t anything in de Vista task manager [/edit], just to see if it happens again.

Ok, we will investigate this issue.

Thank you

I was able to reproduce the issue. If you create a manual backup in Comodo, a Windows task is also scheduled in de Vista task manager to run every 24 hours. That’s why my first created backup task ran every 24 hours. I use Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. Thanks for investigating.

Hye,
shall i use this program for a laptop hd clone with same sizing ???
I must do it by usb plug…

Thank you for reply

Regards from Italy

prandi63

Hi

Cloning is not an available option yet.
We will add that in a future release.
But, you can perform a backup of the source HDD and restore the backup on what HDD you want.

From what i have read Comodo Backup is a great program and i consider using it.
But need to clarify some things.

I prefer file based system backups versus image based.

Can i use Comodo Backup “simple copy” (files and folders) feature to backup my system like i do with ImageX (grabbing 3 folders on Windows XP: \windows , \program files , \documents and settings)?

From what i have read, Comodo Backup supports backing up files locked by Operating System (if this is true it surpasses ImageX in this area cause ImageX can capture only offline systems).
And what about backing up NTFS extended attributes, i. e. does Comodo Backup “simple copy” feature preserve them?

Hello

With ‘simple copy’ you cannot backup locked files .
You can backup them in CBU file backup.

Yes

Thank you for replies :-TU
I will try to see the program itself in action to cut down number of (unnecessary) questions that i have currently.

I asked previously only about extended attributes + simple copy feature…that was incorrect. I should have asked this question:

Does CB preserve all NTFS features (if “files and folders” type of backup, CBU backup format) ? For example: extended attributes, sparse files, object IDs, security ACLs, reparse points etс(?).

Does CB autoverifies resulting .cbu image file after it is created or one needs to do this manually during step 2 of restore process?

p.s.: I have not found answers in pdf help manual.

Hi

Yes

No, CB assumes the .cbu image is created successfully.
You can manually verify the image after creation or before restore.

Thanks

Amazing :slight_smile: Thanks for reply.
By the way how about to add this important information into pdf manual? And also a note that CB can backup locked files when CBU format is used.

I suppose page 23 of pdf help manual (section 2.1 “Selecting the Type of Backup”, subsection “Files and Folders”) is best place for it.
Why? Because it would be clear for particular readers that OS can be backed up (file-based backup) not only with the help of “System Files” type of backup but also with “Files and Folders” type of backup (assuming correct files and folders have been chosen for operation).

Manual backup schedule task can’t be edited from step1 to step4 (or 5?); is this a bug which i experience on my system or designed behaviour?
Please consider either fixing the bug (if it is a bug indeed) or implementing ability to edit manual backup schedule task from step1 to last step.

Ok, i see. Thanks.
How about to add this information into pdf manual? Maybe after 6th step of backup process. Something like:
“If you want to verify your newly created .cbu for possible errors then you should do following:…”

…Autoverify feature just after .cbu is ready could be very convinient in some cases but i leave this at your discretion.

Ok

Thank you for the hints.

Hey Guys, do you have any idea when we could expect a bootable usb feature. I want to get rid of Acronis and is there the ability to do a complete image. I want to go Comodo with as much as possible.
shadha :comodo110: