Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 bug list [v1 no longer updated]

G’day and welcome to the forums.

That’s a good, logical idea - check the file open status of a backup object BEFORE doing anything else with it.

Can you please add this to the Backup Wishlist topic?

Chers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

The FOLDERS that I delete in the source are NOT deleted from the destination
(using simple copy-incremental, Copy and delete outdated files
mode, Synchronization mode). Please, help me!

Just a minor bug to report.  It seems that the latest version misplaces the comma when reporting the backup size.  Don't have a screenshot but it goes something like this:

Comodo Backup reports: 6,9840,815 KB

Should be: 69,840,815 KB

Rhaegar

Hi.

Im still not sure if its a bug or just because if have too many files… But i have a feeling that its a bug.

Info of my backup:

• “My documents”
  • It is only pictures (family pictures :P)
  • 4.4 GB in size
  • A bit over 3000 pictures.
  • Im using the FTP-method.

How i can provoke the error/bug:

1. I start up Comodo Backup
  2. I start the backup process.
  3. I want to minimize it and continue with some other stuff…
    3.b I try to minimize it with the “X”(normally close button) in the top right.
  4. Nothing happens…
  5. I then click on the minimize button like “_” instead.
  6. Now the program goes mad with the CPU after a minute or so… 99% of cpu.

Please give it a try and let me know if you get the same heavy CPU-usage…

Thank you

Using Win XP Pro SP3 and v1.04.337.

I have 6 folders in My Docs. each is set to incremental backup to 2 separate drives E & H (12 separate incremental backups).
Firstly, at some point Comodo got confused and created all the folders that are on my C drive into a pair of the backup folders. The errant folders were all empty and I deleted them. I checked the backup settings and there is no apparent reason for it to happen.

Secondly, I notice that a number files fail to backup showing the “can’t access etc” message. On closer inspection of the log I see that the files with error messages are not held in the folders shown and they never were there. Comodo seems to have an erratic memory of the file locations.

Fortunately the files I want backed up, are, but it is a tad messy having to keep an eye on it. (:SAD)

If anyone has experience of this I’d pleased to know if did something wrong or if it just a glitch.

Pete

Finally got to making a screenshot of the said file size bug I reported earlier.

Security Apps: CIS Beta 2, CMF, CBOClean, Threatfire, and other on-demand scanners.
Using: Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9909/backupgfxglitcheg1.th.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Rhaegar

using incremental backup, I notice that empty folders are being created out of place in the destination folders.

My files are sent to drives E & H to incremental backup/my documents. In some instances these folders are added lower down the tree, even within subfolders, albeit they are empty.

In addition some of the source folders and subfolders within C:\My Documents are likewise copied to the wrong destination folders. Again they are empty.

I have just removed 62 extraneous empty folders from the backup directory. each backup should contain 5463 files and 95 folders. Last time I checked I removed 31 folders. The destination folders appear random.

The two backups run about an hour apart and generally take less than 15 minutes each.

Same problem as petedilloway:
2 synchronization-mode backups using two different source directories, both user-backup type.
Backup A uses filenames and folders from backup B and vice-versa, causing file copy errors.
Incorrect (empty) directories relating to the other backup are created in the destinations.

Could this be a threading issue?

I am using Windows XP SP3. Comodo backup is configured to backup at scheduled times and not manually. The backup functionality works OK but after each backup the main screen opens. No combination of setting options changes this behavior. So, the program works but has this annoying feature which should be corrected.

XP Pro SP3 Service Backup, Simple Copy, once a week to local drive.
Backup is performed every week, but last run field is blank, also the log only shows when i open and close Comodo
Backup not details of the backup being created.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I do 2 back ups. 1 full backup of everything in MyDocuments to an external disk and 2 backups splitting the full MyDocuments to 2 separate internal disks.

Logic says that if MyDocs contain 1000 files & 100 folders, that’s what the backups will contain (ignoring temp files etc). Though I have yet make Comodo delete unwanted files.

I run this on two separate PC’s. One full backup mirrors Mydocs exactly but the split backup added 2 folders and 53 files. The excess were false entries.

The other PC has the inverse. The split backup is spot on but the full backup ignores 32 files and despite their bona-fide presence in MyDocs, Comodo won’t save them. The remaining files in that folder are saved ok.

I have yet to find a backed up file that is not accessible but given earlier errors I can’t help but be a little worried by the inaccuracies.

Hello, I’m using Comodo Backup 1.0.4.377 under Windows Vista (Home Premium 32b).
I have several backups:
My Data > Backup drive (second hard drive in my computer. I have two of them).
My Data > HTPC (via network. Path is defined as \HTPC\data\Zaloha)
My Data > Brother’s computer (same as above, but path is \UbuchyPC\Zaloha)
HTPC Data > My PC (\HTPC is source now)
HTPC Data > Brother’s Computer (both source and destination paths are remote computers).

Every backup works perfectly, if I run them manually. BUT! I have each one scheduled to perform at Comodo Backup startup and then every 3 hours.

And there’s a problem. At Comodo Backup startup all 5 backups are performed.
But after 3 hours, only first backup in the list performs. All the other backup tasks don’t perform at all (even after six, or more hours).

If I delete, or rename first backup task in the list, so another one gets to the top of list, then that backup task will perform every 3 hours, but the others not. Then there’s certainly no problem in backup configuration. Comodo Backup just launches only the first backup in the list every 3 hours no matter which one is it.

I hope you can fix this bug, because Comodo Backup is a great utility for securing my data (S) , but this bug is really unpleasant, because I have to run all backups manually (except the first one). :frowning:

There seems to be a problem when backing up to FTP. If the file size to upload is 100mb or over, it will not transfer. If its less, it works just fine. I tried different FTP servers and every combination of settings you can try and got the same result.

Hi selgan

Welcome to the Comodo forum

I hadn’t heard of a file size limit for FTP upload but it could very well be so. I use Backup regularly but not to FTP so if anyone else can help us out here it would be welcomed.

John

It would be the settings of the server not the Product…

I back up 1TB of information Every Two Months With Comodo Back Up
Works perfectly Fine with me

CG

Running WindowsXP SP2 (on source and destination computers).
Destination folder is on mapped drive on networked computer.

(R)
GREAT program! Straight forword and easy to setup and use, but I am seeing one problem others are talking about in this forum… The folders that I delete in the source are NOT deleted from the destination.

Anyone have any idea when some or all of these bugs are going to be fixed?

Is there any projected release date for the next version??

Thank you!
OntarioCA

When backup to FTP server, it seems unable to get the ftp server folder structure, it will show an error window (see attached screen shot) by pressing the [ Select folder ] button.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.
Stanley

[attachment deleted by admin]

It looks like your FTP server is not configured correctly for that user account. Make sure the FTP user account is allowed to create folders.

I’m sure the user account is correctly configured. Press [Test] button returned successful connection. I can backup to the same ftp server with the same user account using SynBackSE trial version, I also tested other ftp servers but failed. I don’t know whether a setting somewhere in the program is wrong.

Thanks.
Stanley

Anybody could use Backup to FTP server without error?

Stanley