COMODO Antivirus for Linux 1.0.220659.32 BETA Released!

We are excited to announce that COMODO Antivirus for Linux 1.0 is ready for BETA testing.

What’s COMODO Antivirus for Linux?
As its name implies, it is an end-user antivirus product for Linux operating systems.
Main features:

• Anti-Virus:
  1. Customized on-demand Antivirus scanning.
  2. Scheduled Antivirus scanning
  3. Realtime virus scanning with stateful file inspection
  • Mail Gateway:
  1. Scan for and removes all types of viruses, and malicious and potentially hostile programs in all elements of incoming and outgoing email messages, including attachments
  2. Support SapmAssassin for spam email detection

Supported Operating Systems:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x
Fedora 15
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
openSUSE Linux 11.0
Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (r5)
Ubuntu 11.x

Supported mail systems:
Sendmail 8.14.3, qmail 1.03, Postfix 2.5.x or higher, Exim 4.x.

Known issues

1. For encrypted/signed email message, ‘delete attachment’ may not work correctly in some cases

Download links:
http://download.comodo.com/cav4linux/download/setups/cav-linux_1.0.220659-32_i386.deb
http://download.comodo.com/cav4linux/download/setups/cav-linux_1.0.220659-32_amd64.deb
http://download.comodo.com/cav4linux/download/setups/CAV_LINUX-1.0.220659-32.i686.rpm
http://download.comodo.com/cav4linux/download/setups/CAV_LINUX-1.0.220659-32.x86_64.rpm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Congratulations with the release. May be over the weekend I will give it a spin on Ubuntu on my vm.

looks like another great product congrats comodo!

Great! :BNC Installed. (:KWL)

Got the attached messages after install. Seems to work fine now. Updating.

great work guys!!!

Now there is a commercially supported free AntiVirus application for linux so that System Admins can clean their emails using Comodo!!!

This needs a test drive ;D

The GUI looks way better than CIS.

Clicking on Details in the Updater will not work as expected if Chrome/Chromium is the default browser. Chrome/Chromium can not be run as root.

On Lubuntu there is a CAVL-tray-icon. Is that planned for Ubuntu/Unity as well? :slight_smile:

Can this ‘After installation’ part get more attention? It is easily missed as can be seen in the above complaint from JoWa.

Next step in install.

I’m getting this error after agreeing with the license:

Do you agree with this license?[Y/n]: y

SG_IO: bad/missing sense data, sb[]:  70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I ran Diagnostics and it found an error!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ROOT>
 <CisDiagReport OS="Linux 3.0.0-14-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 21 20:34:47 UTC 2011 i686" Version="1.0.220659.32" Status="Failed">
  <Files Status="Failed">
   <File Status="Failed">
    <Path Value="/opt/COMODO/libcrypto.so.1.0.0" Status="Failed"/>
    <Mode Value="33188" Status="Failed"/>
   </File>
  <File Status="Failed">
    <Path Value="/opt/COMODO/libssl.so.1.0.0" Status="Failed"/>
    <Mode Value="33188" Status="Failed"/>
   </File>
  <Components Status="Ok">
   <Service Name="cmdagent" Status="Ok"/>
   <Service Name="cmgdaemon" Status="Ok"/>
   <Driver Name="redirfs" Status="Ok"/>
   <Driver Name="avflt" Status="Ok"/>
  </Components>
 </CisDiagReport>
</ROOT>

Awesome!!! ;D. Can’t wait to trial this on my test tablet (Ubuntu) and then hopefully on my main computer.

:slight_smile:

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Running scan now. :-TU

Thank you Comodo team for finally releasing your AV product on Linux.

I downloaded and installed the product using the Ubuntu Software Centre then running the terminal command for the initial setup.

Install and follow-up initial setup run went perfectly. I received no errors during both processes.

Ran full scan (500GB) and finished in 39 minutes. Found threats but they were just utilities I use on family and friends Windows machines when they need me to fix them.

I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and as someone already pointed out, there is no tiny Comodo icon in the top task bar. I myself am not too worried about that since I do have Comodo icon fixed to the left program launcher bar.

Questions and Suggestion

I use Thunderbird to grab my e-mails and it doesn’t look like Comodo is doing any scanning of the incoming e-mails. If Comodo is not scanning the incoming e-mails through programs like Thunderbird, Evolution and other Linux programs, will such feature be incorporated in the future?

The initial setup command that much be run after initial install, it would be nice if that command could launch right away, especially when using the Software Centre because admin password is required to proceed with install. Since admin password has already been inputted, it makes sense to simply continue with the initial setup rather than having to input admin password again.

Well that’s my little report. Again, thank you very much Comodo Team for finally bringing your great antivirus to Linux.

:-TU :-TU

Ubuntu and Lubuntu in Swedish: the shortcut to CAVL is placed in the folder Desktop instead of the the folder Skrivbord, which is the real desktop-folder. :wink:

Is a PPA planned? :slight_smile:

Thanks guys :-TU