cmdagent.exe hogging cpu

Same Problem here.
Had to uninstall Comodo to get my PC react again.

Безусловно. И я бы хотел, по возможности, помогать бесплатному ПО (жаль, в случае с КОМОДО - не открытое).

В своём же ответе я имел ввиду то, что предложение ждать 15 минут - не есть решение проблемы…

Сейчас попробую поставить заново и обновить.

Certainly. And I would like, if possible, to help free software (sorry, in the case of COMODO - not open).

In his reply, I had the same view that the proposal to wait 15 minutes - not a solution …

We try to deliver again and update.

Have any one of you tried workaround I have proposed above?
Please update me about the result in this thread or by PM.

i’m trying it on 3 machines right now.
brought laptop 1 down to virus db 2359 and is operating correctly, laptop 2 updated right to 2456 and seems to be operating fine so far, desktop went down to 2423(? i believe, computer is remote, helping someone over phone) and is purported to be ok.

epic response time! :slight_smile:

[edit]
laptop 2 now reporting 2527 and seems fine…

[edit 2]
spoke way too soon. laptop 2 freaking out hard again on 2527, laptop 1 going good on 2524. ugh.

High CPU usage is caused by new virus signature. After reinstallation of CIS it already taking one core. I’m just waiting when it will take all four cores and then I’ll be forced to disable CIS. Again. Fix it, please!

I’ve re-installed CIS, virus database is still updating but cmdagent.exe isn’t hogging the cpu now.

Thanks for the quick fix…

hi!~ i tried your way
what do u mean by open diagnostics after deleting the file?
what diagnostics?

I did not help. Became base 1. After the update has gone and the base was 2527. Restart the computer and he was again 100%

Sorry but my English. I am from Russia

I updated from DB V1 to DB V2456

==================================================
Filename : bases.cav
MD5 : 50772d4984d303e67bf33456a9f9263c
SHA1 : 0385bddacbe275b84307b261b5296104bcc54884
CRC32 : 11eab37e
Full Path : C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\bases.cav
Modified Time : 07/10/2009 14:41:50
Created Time : 07/10/2009 14:41:50
File Size : 106,857,646
File Version :
Product Version :
Identical : 1
Extension : cav

PC works fine without locking up.

Then updated from 2456 to 2527

==================================================
Filename : bases.cav
MD5 : 76b2443cab3ff1e8000959da5d622e3d
SHA1 : 8036b9c025e8bd2b35bcfc5596ee2200834e58d2
CRC32 : b8a50124
Full Path : C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\bases.cav
Modified Time : 07/10/2009 14:49:47
Created Time : 07/10/2009 14:49:47
File Size : 107,715,708
File Version :
Product Version :
Identical :
Extension : cav

Result, misery!!

At least being a dual core machine, I can still use the other core to actually do something. One core is maxed out by cmdagent.exe. A single core PC would be rendered unusable.
2 out of 10 for effort. Must try harder
!!

Same problems here.
The fact that this actually happend, and there is still no working fix worries me. I’m thinking of saying farewell to comodo, now-a-days there are other fine free alternatives as well.
Trying the given solution now.

Uninstalled then installed and updated comodo and for now everything looks ok. (2527)

Для чего выливать грязь тут на форуме на разработчиков COMODO??? Ну прощаться решили с COMODO но и флаг вам в ЖОПУ. Будьте терпеливей.
Why pour dirt here on the forum for developers COMODO??? Well decided to say goodbye to COMODO but the flag in your hands.

Here’s now working fine.
I followed your hint step by step. It just took a lot to update the AV database, but now CIS is doing its job as it should and as it was before.

Thanks for the quick and hopefully stable solution.

Downloaded/installed latest version of CIS (freeware)

WinXP Home

Rebooted, all seemed fine, normal speeds, etc.

Then, ran virus update, rebooted, and then…

…puter was totally sluggish

Anyone else experiencing this?

Those who have everything is OK, you reboot???

Something has happened to the CAV updates this morning. My laptop was fine when I turned it on this morning but during the morning it started to crawl and I started getting “Not Responding” messages on my applications.

I managed to shut it down but when I restarted it seemed to be “hanging” so I eventually resorted to pressing the power button and went into safe mode. Everything seemed fine so I restarted again and again it appeared to be “hung”. This time I left it for a while and it managed to respond to my ctrl-alt-del and I got a task manager open. This showed cmdagent.exe was maxing the cpu 95% plus constantly. After persevering I got Comodo interface up which showed that there was a CAV update in progress but stuck at 0%. I was unable to “kill” cmdagent.exe (Access denied) or lower it’s priority. As task manager again got stuck in a “Not Responding” state I eventually had to resort to killing the power. All this took 45mins from power on!!!

I am now back in safe mode, without comodo running!

I am running the latest CIS - or I was when it updated a week or so ago - on Vista SP2. This has been running fine until this morning.

I now need to stop CIS from starting so I can reboot normally and get on with some work!!!

Can’t a fixed cav (e.g. 2528) be made available for us to update to from 2527. This would be a lot simpler and quicker.

Hi

First of all, it’s not for a little big bug, that I’m gonna stop using COMODO.
Just for the fact that’s the only company who alows us to install the products in a business. All the others you have to pay.
For that I give you HIGH CREDIT, to run against all ways.

About the bug, I have followed the hints given, and for now it’s OK.
No need to reboot.

:-TU :-TU :-TU

Stuck @ 50% again after reboot. That’s bad :wink:

Another computer is still safe : i always keep one up with manual update … and previous version (3.11.108364.552)

100% again after uninstall, install, update and reboot… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: