cmdagent.exe hogging cpu

Same problem here.

If I didn’t already know how to identify the problem and disable it I’d be completely stuck.

Once the service starts I can’t even open task manager.

I wonder how many people are sitting at home with a locked up PC not even able to open up a browser to check this forum!

I already updated 2527 + disabled logs and the computer does not hang

Wouldn’t it be a wise precaution for Comodo to stop the AV updates unitl this issue has been resolved?
I have just got DB 2527 and that still has the problem.

but after few minute later it still hang…

You don’t need to disable Comodo service - just uninstall AV cause this appears to be AV-only problem, Comodo Firewall works fine (start->comodo internet security->uninstall or upgrade and select first option).

The same problem with cmdagent.exe on 5 PCs (Win XP SP3).
I’ve just loaded all of them in safe mode, and disabled cmdAgent (COMODO Internet Security Helper Service) autostart using Autoruns (Sysinternals) utility. Then after PCs restart I can manage them, waiting for CIS resolve the subj. =)
Good luck!

I registered only cause of this bug, but im using comodo since quite a long time. Please allow me to tell what I think.

Not only what Expwoodsman said, but this is NOT the first time Comodo kills my pc with hugging all the CPU.

I dont want to start a flamewar but please understand this: dont tell us its OK because its free or even mention comodo being free.
No its not ok, just because its free it shouldnt stop my computer working, this is a serious problem.

And again. This is not the first time comodo does this.

Vista 64 bit.
Killing comodo from the msconfig startup in safe mode didnt stop cmdagent from starting up. I somehow killed it from task manager after a couple of cold restarts. Im looking at the startup and comodo is not there, it still started up somehow.
Wonder how many sorries we’ll get for the dead hdd blocks…

Good luck for fixing it.

just disable the anti virus function is OK.

Nice idea, but login was still not possible after almost 2 hours of rebooting…

Eventually powered off & rebooted in safe, uninstalled CIS temporarily…

Получил такой же результат после установки Avira Antivir. Хотя Avira инсталлировал без функции Guard.
Результат: после перезагрузки cmdagend.exe пожирает 99% процессорного времени и работать невозможно.
После отката системы (до установки AvirA) ситуация не изменилась. Пришлось убить CIS 3.11
Надеюсь девелоперам поможет эта информация, мне нравится ваш продукт (хоть и тормозит).

Get the same result after installing Avira Antivir. Although no Avira Guard functions have installed. Result: after rebooting cmdagent.exe consumes 99% CPU time and work is impossible. After the rollback of the system (before installing AvirA) situation has not changed. I had to kill the CIS 3.11 I hope this information will help developers, I like your product (though brake).

Well, after one hard-shutdown/poweroff and one suspend-to-RAM, it took about 15min to boot to the state i was able to do that - i have Thinkpad SL500 with XPpro.

Agree that this is not normal.

Не стоит забывать что в любом программном обеспечении возможны сбои.

Do not forget that any software may not function properly.

i am using CIS for about 4 months…
this is the first time that i had a problem…
after this morning update, my laptop hang up after a reboot…
i am pretty satisfied with CIS services and i believe that this is a temporary problem that all AV software companies can have

my solution:
boot in safe mode, uninstall CIS, reboot to normal mode
then install again CIS and don’t update, wait until COMODO give us the fix
by the way, there could be some kind of information in homepage of COMODO, so users with little experience can be informed…

This is very poor from comodo.

Hi Guys
we have issued new base which fixes the problem
for those who already have the problem - here is workaround:

Boot in safe mode
remove c:\program files\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security\scanners\bases.cav file
start diagnostics (don’t mind red status and not fixed issues - they are because of safe mode)
restart system

your AV bases will be 1 version

Update it to the latest version again

the problem should gone

yeah same happened here, windows7, 32bit.

had to uninstall comodo from safe mode as killing it from startup had no effect.
laptop was unuasable from logging in. i have comodo installed on a lot of friends computers and their all going crazy, ■■■■ this is some mess.
glad there has been a quick fix though!

Love Comodo and have been using it since I bought my first computer in '07 (which now runs Linux, but meh). Can confirm it is being a giant hog here. Running on Windows 7 x64, 2.8GHz Core 2 Quad and 4GB of RAM. Seemed to subside for me when I disabled the firewall module (after that I turned off port forwarding on my router, thinking I was being DDoS’d for some reason xD)

Bad day!!! window 7 64bit COMODO hanged in my computer, also at work 3 pc’s hanged [windows xp sp3 32bit] i had to drive accros all city… and one laptop hanged which is now in the other city. Nightmare!

Very horrible by Comodo, suddenly no computer worked here anymore, pure shit. Gee does no one check if something is working anymore?