CIS versus Avast4

It was the identical scan unless some automatic factor in one or both of the programs was acting in a manner unknown to me. In other words, as far as I can say, the two scans were set the same and both scanned the same material. Someone has, however, pointed out that CAVS is not doing well scanning music files of which I have loads (being a recording artist). So that may be the simple explanation.

Dave

Hey Dace, I talked to melih about this a little while ago, He said it would be fixed in the near future (Most likely in the next update)

Yeah. I saw that post. Thanks!

Dave

@dkeat:
I have the same problem. Or better - my CIS has the same problem with performance. Similar hardware.

Comodo with resident scanner has HUGE impact on virtualy any disk operations (including defragmenting, adding mp3 files to playlist, folders size calculation etc.). I reported this as a bug after CIS beta has been released and I thought it’s not going to be an issue when CIS hit the final version. Unfortunately nothing has changed with the final in this matter. I left CIS anyway because I feel safe without resident scanner active (turning it off makes disc operations return to normal state) and because I don’t get viruses anyway – COMODO FW + D+ was enough for me for a long time.

Recently a situation forced me to perform full system scan and the shadows of extremely poor performance came back. I mean I can virtualy read the mp3 file name before it is scanned! Another thing pointing at “COMODO has disc operations issue” is that CPU utilization never exceeds 3% while the system remains unusable during the scan. I didn’t mean to be grumpy but why the hell is it start scanning from my last partition instead of the most critical areas or at least the whole C partition?!

I’m a “it has minimal resources usage” freak and I’m very dissapointed that CIS is the first piece of software which is a system hog despite its less than 10MB RAM usage. So what. It’s at idling state and who cares about system load when computer is at idle. You can use it as comercial trick but that’s all. If I haven’t ever tried another AV I could probably take it easily but I spent a lot (too much) time comparing various AVs and I have to say in this group a word “unusable” fits CIS, sorry to say this. Maybe COMODO should consider increasing the RAM/CPU usage just to get close in terms of performance to its competitors. If I had to describe it by numbers I would say that CIS has >at least< 3 times bigger performance hit comparing to ie. Avira or even AVG.

I know COMODO CIS is free but I don’t think this will keep me from sacking it for good.

Still COMODO supporter…

Well, I understand your frustration, but as you said yourself, it is a free product and it is a new product. I appreciate what Comodo offers under those conditions and don’t mind being patient as part of the deal. I have followed the firewall for years and it is a “best of breed” product, as well as free and I expect no less for the AV over time. There is really no big problem here. If you want a great solution use the firewall stand alone and combine it with avast! for AV. You have the best of both worlds until Comodo gets up to speed with CAVS.

Dave

Until the virus defence system in Comodo Internet Security gets out of diapers and runs with the big boys awhile I’ll stay content to leave it in the disabled status and use Avast4. I’m sure over time that Comodo will make improvements to push Avast from my choice of programs, that is unless they choose to add the terrible worthless program of theirs call Anti Spam. AT which time I would do a major uninstall and move on. Right now the Firewall has no competitors that stands up to it

If they did add Anti-Spam, I’m sure they would let you chose whether to have it.

It will come in good time. :slight_smile:

Josh

I don’t care for Anti-Spam, because A.-Spam won’t support my email program (Windows Live Mail beta).

If it does I campaign for a decent uninstaller to be added to it. The one they have now sux big time and uninstall requires a reinstall of the mail program.

It will probably a new updated version if they do add it like cav 2 to cav 3 so might be better for uninstalls and overall use etc. This is just speculation tho.

I have already done it :wink: I wish COMODO cach up soon in the meantime :THNK

I hate Comodo’s awful handling of Security Center. I had to reset the stuff manually otherwise it was still there even after i uninstalled it. Annoying…

Just wanted to remind the viewers that this is a thread about CIS vs. Avast!

People with Comodo issues might want to go to the relevant Forum sections/threads.

Dave

Boy’s and Girl’s I had to come back to tell how the test is/was ended between Avast AV4 and Comodo CIS. After deleting Avast and installing CIS my computer slowed down dramaticly, don’t know why but it did.

Working with it did CIS come up several times with a big pop-up asking me what to do. No problems there for a normal firewall except for the install mode. Do not know exactly where this is for because the pop-ups still come up in a install.

Irritating is that there is a growing list of waiting files to review. Opening this list gives me the creeps. The list becomes endless and I as user have no idears what the appropriate action should be, So I allow them to my save list.

After 3 days of using my Vista Laptop does not start up no more. What the f8ck, why is this. Totally flabergasterd My only option is Safemode where I uninstall CIS. After reboot my machine is ok and starts perfect without CIS.

I speed to install Avast and My laptop is 2x faster and has no problems what so ever.

Something must have been really messed up on your PC…

Or not!! This new CIS is doing some strange stuff and I’m hoping it settles down before the second thoughts take over

@Sky
@Eljo

Can you please submit a bug report with as many details as possible.
~If you don’t want Pending files, Switch to safe mode.

was just checking back to see if you avoided the many other security products and managed to find your perfect combination or whether the lure was too great (:SAD)

Hi all,

I thought I look in to my old posts and had to reply on my own post ;D

About a week ago I installed CIS 3.9beta and was surprised by the work that has done. I uninstalled Avast and Installed CIS and its still running perfect. My system stays smooth and quick as with Avast and Now I can run one piece of software instead of two.

Next week I will install the final release of 3.9 and am confidant that this masterpiece will ■■■■ our minds. The only thing I can’t find Is can we now trust the AV scanner in CIS. Will it pickup al known malware/viruses like Avast after 6 monts or is this still the problem software in CIS.