CIS versus Avast4

Oh dear, so many false informations about avast! i’m not even going to try and counter them… (where is that facepalm smiley when you need it)

I’m waiting eagerly for the Heuristics to be added to CIS.

I just hope CIS (Without CAVS) will not cause any conflicts with Avast. I like CF and CMF but still don’t trust enough to CAVS.

Go Comodo! (:CLP)

Indeed. CAVS throughput in music files (such as mp3) is too bad. But I’m confidence that will be fixed in few weeks. Comodo never stops!

The question is not if CIS can provide better protection than avast! (it can’t), but if YOU can provide better protection than avast!. Because that’s basically what CIS does - it hands over the job of protecting your PC back to you.

why are you starting this topic in another thread now?

I will make this known.

Perhaps because that’s what was asked?

But look at how the other thread turned out and we don’t need another one like it.

We have a very nice heuristic in store :slight_smile: wait and see :slight_smile:

Melih

So simple facts in answer to simple questions are avoided because some people are unable to handle those facts in a mature manner? That seems like a poor policy to me, and I don’t think there’s too many people here who’re like that anyway.

Lookin forward to it! (R) About when is it going to be out?

Talked to Melih, said it would be fixed soon.

No, they don’t seem to have done yet. Please check the link in my previous post (https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/bad_test_results-t29490.0.html).

I agree this would be interesting

Well that’s what I wanted to know, not knowing that so much nice people had a thought about it too. What I read is that CIS is not yet complete and still a kind of beta product. Heuristics are important but yes so is speed and low resources. Ok Avast has a 20 years leap ahead and are just fine-tuning While Comodo has to invent a new wheel.

For now it’s not that difficult to decide what to install on customer computers, Avast is a program that bothers them less and in conjunction with PcTools Firewall+ there is a simple and solid protection.

Still I hope, soon in the future CIS will be a simple usable one click product to secure a home pc. But please Comodo do not make this product so big and slow that we can put it next to Symantec and McAfee in a dark place to never look at it again.

Thanks all for your input.

Are you sure you were doing a similar scan for both? Are you sure you had both set to scanning archives and not just CAVS? Or one with quick scan and the other with a full scan? From my experience avast! was always slow as ■■■■, unless in the new version the improved its speed.

with all the installing and uninstalling you do i’m surprised you’re pc is still running anyway (:NRD)

hey zulu 1690. Sorry for the late reply, but my PC had stopped running for some strange reason. LOL. I have indeed gone back and forth between different security programs, but I am making an honest effort to try and stick with CIS and a-squared Anti-Malware that I got on GAOTD several months ago. I think the two compliment each other and make for an excellent security set up. I plan on getting rid of a-squared once the improvements to CAV mentioned here in the forum are made though. Wish me luck in keeping this set up for now. LOL. See ya and take care.

As a matter of fact I do. I am a musician and have multiple uncompiled albums of music on my HD.

Dave