CIS does not create startup key or task for cistray.exe [M1204]

Did you reproduce this issue on a virtual machine?

No on a real physical machine.

As far a I remember with previous V8 versions, the scheduled task was directly in the ‘Task Scheduler Library’.
It is now in the Comodo folder of the task scheduler as Comodo Autostart.
I have attached the schedule in a .xml file. V8.0.0.4314

Hi Netguy 101,
Have you checked in the ‘Notification Area Icon’ settings to be sure it is set to ‘Show icon and notifications’ if it is present?

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Netguy101, I’m a bit confused. Were you able to fix it with any workaround or not?
@Chiron, the first post does not mention it.
In reply #38, I assumed that nothing worked out. Just to be clear.

If you were not able to fix it,

Was CIS the [u]very first[/u] thing you installed? The reason I'm asking is that I've encountered in the past very serious conflicts (especially with drivers). 
Also, if you can't replicate it on a virtual machine then devs will most likely not be able to replicate it.

Could you provide the SHA1 of the Windows ISO? Is the ISO altered in any way?

Fixed in COMODO Internet Security 8.0.0.4337

Thank you for checking this. I’m very happy to hear it’s now fixed. This is now closed in the tracker and I will move this topic to Resolved.

Thanks again.

does this work with windows 10 technical preview because i had the same problem that netguy had with version 7 with windows 8.1 with comodo not starting and messing up my computer so i wonder if i can now try version 8 with windows 10. I have notice he said the problem is now fixed in COMODO Internet Security 8.0.0.4337

The problem could be fixed relatively easy. But may be with you there was another issue because you are talking about messing up the computer.

And yes, it is fixed in version 8. :slight_smile:

ok i will try it with windows 10

Comodo hasn’t confirmed support for Windows 10 yet, so expect bugs!

Gentlemen. Shall we stop the conversation in this topic? It is for bug reporting and we’re starting to go off topic with help questions about Win 10.