Cis blocking 100% safe file

That file gets fully clean score on Virustotal (even from Xitium) but still CIS 8140 blocks that, even after trying to put it on Trusted app.

[Attachment removed by Mod]

Not that any1 cares much but solved this by using older version of exe.

It was probably because the new file certificate wasn’t yet whitelisted by Comodo but good to hear you found a workaround. I’m quite busy so not around a great deal at the minute but always worth @ ing the devs.

1 Like

Hi cuser,

Thank you for reporting.
Kindly submit the file with product official link and download link in the below topic.

So that the related team will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

2 Likes

Would post otherwise but doubt you take gofile, mega, etc as official links.

Not needed to whitelist anything anymore and Xitium/Comodo itself showed on Virustotal that that exe was ok as said in op but still CIS refused to add it as Trusted file (again as said above).

What certificate? That doesn’t have any certs beyond what ren’py devs might have used.

Still something (was) bugging on CIS.

Files have Certificates, for example the below Firefox installer. If that certificate isn’t in Comodo’s trusted certificates it won’t be allowed.

When trying to download your sample with CF running along side Microsoft Defender, the file was blocked:

I’ll try the same with full CIS shortly.

No certificate on your file which was allowed to be downloaded with CIS installed and was blocked by Windows for running

Running file is blocked by HIPS and if allowed virtualized as unknown:

Blocked connections

IP Info

Also blocked by CyberLock which I run along side CIS

image.

File is unsafe even though clear on VT VirusTotal and Unknown in Valkyrie initial analysis though waiting on re-analysis.

Found another file which CIS blocks no matter what I do.and it also gets 100% clean score from Xit/CIS at VT.

Either Xit/CIS is overprotective or it’s bugged.

Atm I my opinion is that it’s latter since even when adding that file to list as Trusted it vanishes like a “gas” in Sahara after presses ok and re-opens File list (and search can’t find it).

Here’s same exe dl’d from 2 sources (official and 3rd party) and if even copy2 is malicious then I’ll have sad news for devs.

Those 3 files could be seen as malicious since they want access to keyboard etc.

wonders where I can get older not bugging CIS