CIS becoming paid?

Hello,
There is so much confusion in the Comodo website …

Now with paid versions ($ 4.99) you don’t understand anything anymore …

But is CAV or CIS still free or not? Why was the cost of $ 4.99 per year that appears in some parts from no.

Improve the site and make it more streamlined and simple as consumer products are always the same CIS, CAV and CCAV. so you don’t understand anything and one doesn’t know where to get them for free.

Just go to: Advanced Antivirus Software 2020 | Virus Scanning Technology

then click on Personal - they’re all there . . . Free and Paid. Yes the website is re-designed; more professional and aimed at users and Business who expect that that. I doubt that it’s going to be changed anytime soon!! You can’t build and expand a business by giving away everything free all the time

Even by clicking there it is all available through CCAV which has been abandoned by Comodo.
So now all Comodo products are no longer free but paid?
I don’t like this thing …

If you’re having problems with the site, then go here and scroll down : Comodo Internet Security Pro | Complete Internet Protection Suite

I doubt CCAV has been abandoned and No, they’re not all paid!

CIS is free and will always be free as per Melih’s manifesto.

It is unfortunate the free version gets a big buried these days. It is not in line with the manifesto. CIS is free and when you want additional services that’s where you start to pay.

NDABBRU, I have merged your topic with this already existing topic.

Perhaps Melih should be informed on what’s happening? I think since his focus has switched to enterprise Comodo Forums he probably is unaware of this bad decision (or mistake) from Marketing department.

Like I mentioned b4, the Free Version is right here> Comodo Internet Security | Best Internet Security Suite for Windows

Personally, I think that I should take another path comfortably … It really is a shame to do this.
1- Kill abandoned or very old programs. (confuse usurians)
2- simplify your products (ex: combine ccav and cis) (it would reduce costs)
3-Improve your website. be simple and friendly (attract people)
4-Focus on valkyria, which analyzes with 1 extra engine (eg bitdefender) and improve detection.
5-participate in screening tests.

I agree that now the free version(s) are unaccessible to most of the people.
I understand the commercial move, but still if I’d need to quickly deploy an antivirus on a customer pc, I surely won’t go for Comodo since I can’t loose 10 minutes to dig into the website, where competitors have 1 only click download button. Useless to say that loosing user base, means loosing detection capabilities.

Not a good move, imho

I would just use the link in the forum like I always do. I surely wouldn’t go to a competitor just because the website is easier to navigate. The word you’re looking for is “lose” and “losing”, BTW.

Thanks for the surely-needed grammar correction.
I was talking in general. Do you think that a normal user would look for the link in the forum? Or maybe you think that Comodo user base is only built on forum members?
If you would have a basic knowledge on commercial stuffs, you would know that having an easy to navigate website, is the key of having much more users and a better appeal on the company and their products in general.
If you search on google “comodo free av” it leads to a page where its advised to buy the product. That’s the message which the company is now using and that’s what an user is getting: there is no free av but a commercial and paid product.

It seems the members that talk about this are ignoring this link but I keep telling them that the Free Version has been right here> Comodo Internet Security | Best Internet Security Suite for Windows

??? Are they too blind too look & check out this link? ??? I just don’t get it.

Here is free (Russian site)

If the CIS becomes paid, this is very bad. Many users will switch to other products or use the latest free versions. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :-TD :-TD :-TD

If CIS Free Premium does end up becoming a paid product (Which I hope it doesn’t), although I’m using Linux, they’ll end up losing 1 customer (me & maybe many others will reject COMODO too) they’ll supposed to “Create Trust Online” not “Lose Trust Online”. COMODO has been my Favorite Windows Security Software for many years, if it becomes a paid product, it’ll end up becoming my least favorite.

Comodo R.I.P.

Don’t personally mind Comodo becoming paid if it means we will have more development and optimization.

Unfortunately, this was something that was coming since Melih sold Comodo to some other people.

Please note Melih did NOT sell Comodo, just part of the business.

Dennis

This is all based on a new website design, which appears to be more difficult to navigate than the old out of date one . . . . and has now descended into, ‘I’ll leave if it does’ or ‘I won’t but don’t like it’ plus some misinformed statements etc. etc. etc.

It is still free and the links have been posted to everything already. Nothing has changed!! - I’m going for a coffee 8)

This sums it up. It’s not professional on Comodo’s side to have only “UPGRADE” buttons leading to paid edition acquisition page on a FREE PRODUCT page. They could offer a small “Free Download” option at each one of the free product(s) page(s) because this is what a serious company would do. Not trying to mislead misinformed people into buying the paid edition.

Is this the way that Comodo is now “Creating Trust Online”? Misleading people into buying paid version?

Some people also should notice that Comodo does indeed make money with the Free products, due to partnership with Yahoo, Yandex and Neustar DNS. If this is profitable or not it’s another question, so no, they are not “giving away everything free all the time”.