CIS 6 Fever

https://forums.comodo.com/

what dont you get?

:slight_smile: I think Terepin wonders where 5.9 version came from, just as i did a while back.Its on Egemens machine and has been helping Loveboy lion i think remotely to sort out a problem.This i think will be here soon as they reckon version 6 is scheduled beta early january.

Regards
Dave 1234

I hope expand the number of Defense + rules, fix the errors that allow keyloggers to access the keyboard and create rules for applications trying to access the Explorer.exe process. :-TU
sorry my english :stuck_out_tongue:

can you say anything else about this feature or give us more hints?

i seen on your twitter that you haVe seen the new GUI for v6 can you share what you saw? i doubt you can but i thought i would ask

keep up the good work on your reviews :-TU

Melih just out of curiosity did you and your team design an architecture for a file rating system?

Some sort of a file rating system...yes most definitely...we are actively discussing the architecture within the development teams.

I see a Threatcast part in cfp.english.lang file for the next 5.9 version.
It doesn’t mean it’s gonna be included in it but maybe they are preparing it for CIS 6.

im hoping so. Maybe Melih will give us some insight

This topic… seems to have gone quiet as no posts since december 14th… Maybe the devs have been partying since…Hiccc!.I did read somwhere that maybe january we will see a new beta version…anyone?.Its gonna be A New year in England in a few hours… Time to party…and hopefully time to Beta test soon after when i am sobered up!!.

All the best to everyone at Comodo, The Devs, The Mods, and forum members, and may your god be with you always. (:HUG)

Regards
Dave1234.

As Dave has said once 2012 begins let’s hope for an early beta of version 6.
With such an enthusiastic community of testers version 6 could be an absolute winner for all.
Egemen and co. bring out that beta soon, let the testing begin!
Cheers :slight_smile:

i hope we get the beta soon. i like to test it before school starts again

Starts?
When your a beta tester school never ends!!

asides from that you really need to let them get through the alpha/rewrite stages first

what do you mean school never ends? im talking about college

Happy New Year 2012!!!
:■■■■

I wish all the best to all Comodo community members and employees.

Let’s make CIS 6 the best antimalware product on the market!

yeni yılınız kutlu olsun!

Teşekkürler . Senin ve Tüm Comodo Ailesinin Yeni Yılın kutlu olsun.

Happy New Year

Yes, no malware or buggy software can survive if you do a full re-zero of your hard drive using a bootable tool such as HDAT2.

Only thing you could worry about is malware that might embed itself in Firmware. For example: Apple Laptop Batteries Vulnerable To Firmware Hack | Hackaday

BUT this kind of thing is very unlikely!

There is a POC (Prof of Concept) that can infect some Intel CPUs… with no method of removal… But that hasn’t spread… If it has there isnt any news about it, as its very very stealthy.
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/39825

As for a Full Zero rewrite, it needs to be a full drive re-rewrite, so remove all partitions and clean the MBR. Basicly make the drive as it would be when it came out of the factor.

Well of course, otherwise it wouldn’t be a full zero re-write, would it?

Interesting about that Intel CPU exploit, don’t think I heard of that one before. Good thing I’m running a Phenom II then :wink:

Good indeed… I have 2 PCs one Intel and one AMD based… Im going to test CIS v6 on the AMD one.

have the mods received an alpha version of v6 yet?